Kyle Redfearn vs. Norbert Szekéres

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Dec 12, 2018.

Flawed "prospect" or perennial underdog?

Poll closed Dec 14, 2018.
  1. Redfearn on points

50.0%
  2. Redfearn by stoppage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Szekéres on points

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Szekéres by stoppage

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Headlining a small-hall MTK Global card in Gateshead, to air live on BT Sport this Friday.

The luckless-in-valor Hungarian (is that redundant?) carries in an 18-70-4 record, which is poor enough until you scratch beneath the surface of those eighteen victories and discern that not one had a winning record. Literally not one in eighteen had so much as even a 4-3 type of record. Hell, none of them were broken even. All losing records. Their aggregate record, as of when Szekéres defeated them, was 72-304-19, and the most recent of these dubious triumphs came almost three full years ago. Needless to say, any prospect worth their salt ought to be favored heavily over him.

Fortunately, at least if you're backing the visitor, the Dunelmensis fighter is nobody to write home about. Having crossed over from MMA in 2015 after there compiling an 8-8 pro record, he signed up with MTK Newcastle and padded himself to a 7-0 (5) mark against mostly local novices and Euro circuit professional losers (of Szekéres' ilk, but worse and/or decrepit and old - the likes of Remy Ziausys and Jindrich Velecky) before running afoul German prospect Nick Hannig in Wolfsburg this past October and getting KTFO down to earth. The split draw that Szekéres forced of Zürich native Aris Sijaric a month ago is truthfully more impressive than any feat to date of Redfearn's in the ring. In other words, this might at last be a winnable fight over somebody with a positive (numerically, anyhow) record, despite as usual being the B-side in enemy territory for Norbert.

Sphillips likes this.
  2. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Hannig vs. Redfearn, goodness me:

This content is protected

CST80 likes this.
  3. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Nobody want to hop on the WARBERT bandwagon with me? :sisi1

C'mon, where's your sense of romanticism?

4. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    I'm more intrigued by the upcoming match between Hannig and Bonelli than this one. Redfearn probably beats Szekeres fairly easily.

IntentionalButt likes this.
  5. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    I'm curious to know if Hannig is the real deal too. His one shot kayo left hook on Redfearn was a peach but...Redfearn blows. :sisi1

So much so that I actually have myself convinced that Norbert can produce himself an early Christmas miracle. :deal:

CST80 likes this.
  6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    “The lad I stopped last time I out – Norbert Szekeres – was as hard as nails. Some of the body shots I hit him with hurt my hands, let alone his ribs!”

- David Brophy

I don't think "Brophs" is a world beater himself but he's light years ahead of Redfearn...

Sphillips likes this.
  7. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Fuck me running, this is actually happening tomorrow, not Friday. o_O

8. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
  9. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Kill Shot is a curious nickname for somebody whose largest impression left so far in their career has been a Grassy Knoll reenactment in the role of JFK...

CST80 likes this.
  10. Sphillips

Sphillips Active Member Full Member

Nov 14, 2017
    What?

You want something MTK tomorrow,watch Ennis Brown v Foley on Boxnation and then settle down for Ramirez v Hart.

This is plummeting the depths.

11. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    So what?

Some people like to watch boxing at every level and welcome random weekday televised events rather than scoffing at them haughtily. Are you beneath supporting your local scene by attending club shows as well? Because those (and not quadruple-digit tickets for large venue PPV shows) are the real backbone of the sport...

Somachenko likes this.
  12. Sphillips

Nov 14, 2017
    No,I go to small hallers and I like MTK.But the matchmaking here isn’t enough to warrant any interest for me personally.

Like I said,check there other card out on Friday.Its far better.IFL are showing the bout you mention,BT are showing Sunny Edwards v Junior Granados Saturday.

13. Sphillips

Nov 14, 2017
    I admire your enthusiasm but just look at the matchmaking on this card.

You say backbone of the sport,well I say it’s not healthy to see small heavily one sided cards like this.Im a boxing obsessive and I’ve been to shows very similar and it’s a bad advert for the ‘sport’.

Overpriced tickets to see mismatches that are predictably rolled out with no intrigue whatsoever.

14. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    I honestly wouldn't have given this a second glance either myself but for the fact that we have a truly dire enough recently exposed "prospect" (who crossed over late from MMA, right off the bat a recipe for disaster, as you pick up all manner of bad striking habits in that sport...at which he didn't even particularly excel!) as to leave the door ajar to a feel-good Cinderella man story here. I'm not under the impression that Norbert is any good. But can he possibly be good enough to upset a chinny failed mixed-martial-artist? I don't see why not! For me anyway, it lends this a little more intrigue than it might at first blush rate.

Sphillips likes this.
  15. Sphillips

Nov 14, 2017
    Ah ok I apologise,I had no idea about Redfearns past.

The Hungarian is a regular visitor to Britain and I remember him being in with some decent guys like Darren Barker and Kerry Hope so he may fancy it.

IntentionalButt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.