L Blackledge - Zach Parker

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Silent_Service, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Silent_Service

Silent_Service Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 25, 2014
    I've just seen Blackledge - Parker has been made (a reporter tweeted it)

We all know Luke by now,very hard working , good engine & all round good honest fighter. Has been beat a couple of times but it's fair to say he's comfortable around the British level (Brophy,Fielding,Cox etc)

What do we know about Parker, personally I only know what boxrec tells me... anyone shed any light on what's likely to happen if / when these two meet?

2. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Luke can get beyond British level
    He seems a dedicated enough fellow to win a euro belt then he becomes top 20 ranked by which ever org even if he is just a world challenger no shame in that
    Its just a long path but one he is already on I don't think changing trainers if I'm honest was worth it imo

3. Silent_Service

Aug 25, 2014
    Agree with what your sayin for the main part...

Do u mean joining Matvienko wasn't worth it?

If that's the case I couldn't disagree further.. maree did a job and did it well, LB was never expected to get as far as he did, so qudos to Kevin for that...
    But Blackledge under Matvienko was a different beast altogether, I've watched all his fights & some of the things he did were never thought possible! Massive , massive improvement all round.

But , as I say, fair play to Maree as he ultimately gave him the foundations to build on, as did Curtis..

4. Odins beard

Odins beard Fentanyl is one hell of a drug.... Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    I know Alex Matvienko, he lives and breaths boxing, he's been the best thing for Blackledge.

5. ashishwarrior

Apr 19, 2010
    Put him in with hefferon then we will see which beast prevails and the old anderson
    We have to disagree on this
    Maree > Alex imo

6. Silent_Service

Aug 25, 2014
    Well to suggest that Heffron beats Blackledge solely because he trained for a bit with Maree is nonsense, he was a very distinguished amateur & had a world wide rep as a prospect prior to being with Maree.

And as for Anderson, well we will never know will we.

Worth noting that Heffron is now 16-0 and fought absolutely no one. At that point LB had fought Phil Fury, Barney, Larsen, Skoglund & fielding - records are incomparable mate

7. ashishwarrior

Apr 19, 2010
    Never mentioned records they are for DJs
    How many people as Alex took from nothing to something
    The proof is in the pudding pal time will tell
    No real comers to fight him does Luke fancy getting in with him ?
    And the run you mention maree put him on which did him huge help and experience seems lie he is going backwards from where I'm sat pal

8. Silent_Service

Aug 25, 2014
    How man he has Alex took from nothing? Well considering he's just starting out, with the tutelage of Oliver Harrison I'd say he's on the right path.

How many has Maree? I'll wait...

As for records, what I'm saying is Heffron is widely unproven, needs stepping up drastically.

Blackledge going backwards with Matvienko? Beating Cameron & Markham , getting to mandatory position.

Actually disagree with Maree "putting him on that run" he was BADLY advised with Maree... fielding on 3 days notice, Skoglund on a week (at a weight above) take ur glasses off pal!

Finally, why would Luke fight Heffron exactly? What's in it ?

9. ashishwarrior

Apr 19, 2010
    Its risk reward the fielding yes the skolund was close Larsen gave him his ranking and recognition which is how I became a fan
    Horses for courses pal
    Time will tell

10. Silent_Service

Aug 25, 2014
    Look at his boxing ability, movement, ring craft , timing , knowledge , tactical awareness...

All drastically improved.

As for the Skoglund fight, it was a fair result, not out classed but by no means a robbery. With regards to fielding IMO Shouldn't of happened at all - can't prep for a fight of that magnitude of such short notice.

And let's be honest, Larsen was a freak fight he was "meant" to lose. All knew that.