Last Minute Thoughts on Klit and Brew

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Cachibatches, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Cachibatches

Cachibatches Boxing Junkie banned

Nov 12, 2006
    I am going to a wedding tomorrow, so I probably won't be on ESB until late. So I am saying what I have to say now.

I am sticking with Brew. Nor will I backtrack and say Lamon was damamged goods if Klit wins. Brew is one of the top four punchers in the division (Peter, the Klits themselves) and Since Wlad already has a victory over Peter and ain't going ot fight his brother, he gets respect from me jsut for making the fight.

But lets not forget that Brew has already beaten him. And no, it wasn't a fluke or poisoning. Wladdy gassed himseld as Brew weathered the strom and came back strong. I know Wladdy has improved, but at some point he is going to get tagged. The question is, is he a warrior underneath it all like is brother, or did he follow his brother into a sport he was good at, but ultimately doesn't want to do?

Lamon was born to do this. No questions about it.

I know Lamon has an eye injury. Holmes, Leaonard, and any number of others have come back from that injury. I know he hasn't fought in a year and a half. Lamon is a champ who knows what he has to do to win.

Maybe I am talking more with my heart than my head, but Lamon was such a great champ. The fights were exciting when the other three were stinking up the divison or not fighting at all. His mild mannered interviews about how god and positive rap music saved his life left me impressed that he is a gentleman. When he lost, he did it with class.

I have stated why I want Lamon to win, and why I think he will. Nothing against Walddy- if he wins, I will be the first singing his praises. But If Lamon wins, I want all of you guys already singing Wladdy's prasises to do the same for Lamon..

Peace.

2. rendog67

rendog67 The firestarter Full Member

Apr 27, 2006
    i hope brew wins i am not a massive fan of the klitchkos

3. Suge Green

Suge Green Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 15, 2006
    Hoping that BREW shows up renewed, ready, and on point. Truthfully, I have no idea if that's even possible, and won't be able to make a call until he gets in the ring on Saturday.

If BREW wins great...if KLIT wins, I'll admit right now he's only getting props if it's obvious it's the real Brewster, and not some shell of his former self.

4. magnificentdave

magnificentdave Constant Reminder Full Member

Sep 14, 2006
    I'm hoping for a great fight, and I know that's it'll be, my gut says Brewster, but my head says Klitschko.

5. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    How will we know for sure if the real Brewster shows up? Vlad has been dropping bombs lately. Vald could very well land a left hook that sends Brewster falling like he was dropped from the Empire State Building.

6. trac209

trac209 Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2004
    Wlad is going to finish him within 6

7. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Boris Christoff Full Member

Jan 16, 2005
    I agree, it's not like Brewster was a top class fighter to begin with and I can't see how two bad beatings from Krasniqi and Liakhovich(two subpar fighters) and a layoff is going to help Lamon get back into form.

Not to mention the eye problems.

I'll step that Wlad in 6 prediction up to Wlad in 4 however. This will be a quick and easy affair most likely.

8. Irish_Southpaw6

Irish_Southpaw6 New Member Full Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Wlad is my pick but I think this could be a great fight if both fighters show up where people are expecting them to be and it isn't one sided

9. Cachibatches

Cachibatches Boxing Junkie banned

Nov 12, 2006
    Good to have you back, Suge. Where you been, buddy.

10. Scar

Scar VIP Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Wladimir wins by TKO in round 6, that's my final prediction. Brewster definitely has a chance, he already beat Wladimir the first time so he will have confidence coming in this time. Another important thing is to watch out for Wladimir's performance in this fight, this is the first time Wladimir gets to rematch someone he lost to by KO so we'll see how his reaction will be in this fight. Great night for boxing.

11. jyuza

jyuza Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 12, 2005
    I have the chance to watch the fight live (I live at the french-german border) and it has been a loonnnnnnnnng time since I watched a big fight on TV.

12. heerko koois

heerko koois Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Klitscko ko 3 Brewster.........bet on it ....

13. pecks

pecks ***** Full Member

Feb 26, 2005
    I originally tipped Klit to win via UD, but having given it more thought, I'm thinking it will more than likely be an early - mid rounds KO.

Interesting match up.

14. RUSKULL

RUSKULL VIP Member banned

Dec 17, 2004
    Don't waste your time watching it then, in fact why bother posting about it at all?

He already beat Peter & he lost to Brewster, you do the math.

15. swedeone

swedeone Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 4, 2004

:rofl