Latest AJ video

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Heisenberg, Aug 16, 2019.

1. rski

rski Well-Known Member Full Member

May 12, 2013
    AJ is really going with the narrative of losing his passion because he couldn't get the big fights. I don't like the sound of it, he is doing the hard done by act quite a bit here, boxing is fake, nothing for him to gain anymore etc. Him and his team at least have to take some responsibility for these fights not happening. Lewis might have been overly harsh but when he made the point of taking control of his own career and dictating the fights, was he entirely wrong?

Citizen Smith, Camaris and Twentyman like this.
  2. Camaris

Camaris Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Is he not? Well it wouldn't surprise me, like I say virtually nothing he does sticks in my mind. If there's an interview with him or something I just skip them over, it's bizarre when you consider on paper he was a brit unified champ. I can't think of an equivalent lack of interest in a top fighter in my time following the sport. I'm just missing whatever it is.

Citizen Smith likes this.
  3. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    No, Lewis saw similarities to the Bowe situation and how he was managed and how AJ is managed.

People just over reacted to nothing comments by Lewis really because AJ fans are extremely sensitive.

4. Citizen Smith

Citizen Smith Active Member Full Member

Jul 12, 2019
    It's almost 3 seconds and it is there. There is no disputing it.

Unless this is a fix with multiple players who are often head to head in every action, combined with actors who are pretending to be boxers. if that's the case then they deserve my time and money and I will give them a standing ovation.

5. Willis Brown

Willis Brown Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    When AJ turned pro I was reasonable impressed by him , I understood that the Martin fight where he won a world title came a bit soon in terms of his development but his team cobbled 2 learning fights in voluntary defences before having to face a credible opponent in Klitchko who was without doubt wasn't the force he once was. It was a great fight which AJ showed mettle in his victory . Perhaps that encounter took a bit too much out of him as he hasn't exactly excited in the fights since then. There was and is a common belief that his chin and cardio were not up to scratch and the Ruiz defeat has added strength to this belief.For me the Sky interview has made me question his mental outlook ? I have watched a lot of fighters being interviewed but I found his answers strange.

Glenn McKrory and Holler like this.
  6. Suspect.chin

Suspect.chin Active Member Full Member

Dec 3, 2017
    Hes from Watford, Hertfordshire. Still lives there i think.

7. nurological

May 25, 2012
    Watched a bit of that interview, he is very odd person isnt he?

8. londonboxingess

londonboxingess Active Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2012
    The problem is, it is all fake, he is a drug dealing roadman bully who is a *****/dangerous, yet last few years he's had to play this goodie two shoes, blokes want to be him, girls want to be on the end of him, now he had a shock loss, it's hit hard and you get the rare glimpses of the real AJ come out like the superior race and the odd moments in interviews.

When somebody is pretending to be something, most people can tell, and as people have said he comes across as though he is thinking about every word but isn't a good enough actor to make it seem natural

syldave and KingKO like this.
  9. KingKO

KingKO El Terrible Full Member

Feb 2, 2019
    I think that sums it up well. He's having to present himself as something he's not, which is why he appears completely fake.

I think he's mostly a nice guy but he'll also be nasty, horrible, spiteful when required, which we don't get to see much but I think he'd be more likeable if he showed his true self more than the faux humble rubbish.

10. londonboxingess

londonboxingess Active Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2012
    The problem is and fair play to Hearn and him, playing the image he does, gets him FCUK, Lucozade, Lynz, Under Armour and all the other brands, they all want him as he is a wholesome image who appeals to all demographics, sexes, looks like a greek god

11. KingKO

KingKO El Terrible Full Member

Feb 2, 2019
    Yeah from a business perspective, they got it spot on. Which financially means a lot more than hardcore boxing fans not taking to him, as the casuals sure do. Well as long as he's winning.

12. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Yeah they've marketed him superbly, Tyson Fury would do exactly the same thing if he didn't look like an ogre.

13. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Watford is London.

14. nurological

May 25, 2012
    It actually classed as Hertfordshire

Suspect.chin likes this.
  15. Pompey Junglist

Pompey Junglist Member Full Member

Aug 8, 2019
    Watford is a vile cesspit of snaggle toothed inbreds, which is indeed in Hertfordshire.

I once went for some drinks there on a Saturday night and the main strip and square was like a war zone. Aside from countless brawls over nothing, girls were jumping on the rooves of responding police cars and bottling coppers who tried to intervene in fights.

Truly Watford is Land Of The Peasants.