Layla Eveleen McCarter vs. Yamila Esther Reynoso & Cameron Alexander Krael vs. Michael Odhiambo RBR

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Jan 17, 2019.

1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Well, this instantly resumed being a boring fight in the last frame, despite the "dramatics" of the penultimate one...

78-72 Hitchins

Wasn't overly impressed with either man tonight. Both need to work on their conditioning.

Somachenko likes this.
  2. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Official cards:

Kermit Bayless 78-72
    Adelaide Byrd 77-74
    Dave Moretti 77-74

UD for Richardson Hitchins

3. Drew101

Drew101 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Wiggins showed some heart in extending Hitchins, and even kinda sorta dropping him. Could have easily packed it in and taken the paycheck in the 4th.

IntentionalButt likes this.
  4. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Welcome to the lonely little clubhouse! :thumbsup:

And yeah, if we're looking for a silver lining in a match that kind of fizzled out in the back half, that would be it. :sisi1

5. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Layla Eveleen McCarter vs. Yamila Esther Reynoso, 10x2" rounds @ welterweight

6. Drew101

Feb 11, 2005
    I was only half watching it, to be honest. Still, he earned his paycheck,

And thanks! Kinda enjoying the peace and quiet.

Somachenko and IntentionalButt like this.
  7. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 1

McCarter trading jabs with Reynoso, at first reacting & countering, but then coming forward and leading, putting crosses or can-openers behind every jab now as we reach the midway point, one minute down and one to go. Reynoso puts up a high guard, tottering leftward and picking off the jabs and 1-2s from the busier McCarter. Some quick pull-backs of the upper body from Reynoso, only partially touched with the jab as she rolls it, and making the right cross miss outright. Nothing coming back from her, though.

10-9 McCarter

8. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 2

McCarter is pumping out jab-feints and then blasting Reynoso across the left temple with a 1-2 as she ducks away to her right, braids swaying out behind her. Lots of loosey-goosey movements by Reynoso, slipping punches against the ropes. A few counter jabs strewn in by Reynoso, but she is giving these early rounds away, if not with strategic intent then in reality through her offensive inactivity.

10-9 McCarter

20-18 McCarter

9. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 3

McCarter is moving in and out, laying combinations on Reynoso, 80% upstairs but mixing in some on the body. 1-2-3s are her favored sequence, keeping just enough of them in Reynoso's face, and thrown at just the most clutch moments, to virtually shut down the Argentine women's retaliatory instincts, making her freeze up and stay behind a leaned-away shell.

10-9 McCarter

30-27 McCarter

10. Drew101

Feb 11, 2005
    Fashionista time!

Layla's black and silver trunks are acceptable, but I don't think the black hosiery works with the outfit.

McCarter seems to be landing a bit cleaner, but Reynoso is pressing the issue and seems to rattle Layla from time to time.

Somachenko and IntentionalButt like this.
  11. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 4

McCarter is starting to feel a little resistance, as Reynoso begins ducking under the 1-2 and claps her on the nose with a jab & looping right from a pressuring crouch. Nice diving right hand on the midriff and left hook up top by Reynoso. McCarter answers back with a jab, chopping right, and left hook delivered while sliding out of the pocket on the backfoot.

10-9 McCarter, extremely close

40-36 McCarter

12. Drew101

Feb 11, 2005
    Called that to Reynoso based on the fact that she seemed to affect Layla a little more. 39-37 McCarter on my card.

IntentionalButt likes this.
  13. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Round 5

McCarter is putting out a jab, knifing into the grill, but Reynoso just grinds her way through it, cleaving her skull against the inside of McCarter's forearm and thereby letting herself travel in close enough to peg McCarter between her eyes with short love-taps with either hand, then pounding away on the body as Tony Weeks comes in to separate them like a wedge. Reynoso hitting on the break, making it a chaotic and dirty melee and causing McCarter to look a bit worried as she whips out counter jabs backing up, casting Weeks an entreating glance as though asking for more involved officiating.

10-9 Reynoso

49-46 McCarter

14. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    What she began in the fourth, Yamila expanded upon greatly in the fifth. :deal:

Drew101 likes this.
  15. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Note: despite her being a 39 year old in with a prime 22 year old - and her already having over a dozen losses and five draws - this would be a huge upset if McCarter lost. She is considered the dark horse legend of women's boxing, and has still fought at world class level until very recently.