Legacy: Does Floyd need Pac more than Pac needs Floyd?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BoneCollecter, May 1, 2012.

1. king khan

king khan Boxing Junkie banned

Apr 9, 2012
    Oh, I agree. . It's pretty much all FLoyd for not making the fight the most recent go-round. . But I do think Pac, and especially Arum, are more at fault in the past. .

But it doesn't really matter, 30 years form now nobody will remember the particulars, intricacies, and nuances, of the infamous "timeline" of failed negotiations, all they will remember is "they didn't fight each other."

2. Whipdatass

Whipdatass Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 18, 2011
    No. Neither guy needs each other.

3. Whipdatass

Aug 18, 2011
    It was always Arum mother****er.

4. king khan

Apr 9, 2012
    I might be inclined to agree, if Floyd hasn't been going on tirades saying HIMSELF "Pac will never get 50/50. . . "

That is all on Floyd, my brother.

5. Whipdatass

Aug 18, 2011
    Floyd already agreed to 50/50 a long time ago. Your hero wanted some ****ing testing cutoff date. Now Pacquiao, who never deserved 50/50 will never get 50/50. Arum never wanted the fight. Everyone knows this except *******s like you.

6. king khan

Apr 9, 2012
    So why didn't Floyd agree to 50/50 this time? Ain't nothing changed. . . different day, different side, different hurdle put up. . . Same result. . .

Only momos like you can't place blame, where blame is due. . .

Would Arum, and Pac have came up with more roadblocks, hurdles, and excuses if FLoyd did not cease negotiations by refusing 50/50? Very possible. . But WE DO NOT KNOW! Cause Floyd is the one who ceased and desisted the negotiations.

7. Whipdatass

Aug 18, 2011
    **** did change ******* when your hero wanted a testing cutoff date.

Floyd knew the fans demanded the fight which is why he agreed to 50/50 ****.

Pac and Arum always threw road blocks in the way. Pac agreed to random testing, but wanted a ****ing cutoff date. #Hypocrite like you.

8. Little_Mac

Little_Mac Active Member Full Member

May 18, 2007
    Floyd needs it more that Pac.

An undefeated record means nothing if you haven't fought the best in your era.

9. Lance_Uppercut

Lance_Uppercut ESKIMO Full Member

Jul 19, 2004

And when he agreed, the 50-50 which you admit floyd agreed to, changed. Nallege, you are one of the dumbest ****s on the face of the earth. It's like you operate in your own ****ed up reality. And in your own reality, you're a former world champ remember. :patsch

10. JMP

JMP Champion Full Member

Dec 5, 2007
    I say they need each other equally as much. They're legacies as great fighters are set in stone (on a side/unrelated note, I don't think either is as good or accomplished as their most ardent supporters feel - neither are all-timers at their current weights at all). But if the fight never materializes, they'll have gone their entire careers without facing their greatest contemporary. Despite their impressive lists of wins, that's not good for how fans remember them and it's certainly not good for the sport as a whole.

11. BoneCollecter

BoneCollecter Warrior Poet Full Member

Feb 9, 2008
    When both guys stem to make the most either of them has made in their careers by a landslide because they are fighting each other I don't think any rational mind can say it isn't the very definition of a fight that should be 50/50. Period.

12. MAG1965

MAG1965 VIP Member banned

Dec 1, 2008
    Pac has fought and beaten prime greats in big fights. Floyd fought Oscar and Shane when they were old.