Leigh Wood vs. Josh Warrigton: Face Off

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Chuck Norris, Oct 2, 2023.

1. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    This content is protected

2. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Hopefully Wood wins and this is the last we will see of the Leeds Billygoat

3. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Wood vs Cordina next would be a great fight. I think Leigh Wood doesn’t get enough appreciation from British fans. He beat Can Xu to become World Champion in a fight many backed him to lose. He then beat Michael Conlan and Mauricio Lara. All of this is after he lost to Jazza Dickens in 2020.

Really looking forward to the main event on Saturday. The undercard is fantastic too. Think there will be 9000+ attending.

Furey, dannyboy147 and Special one like this.
  4. Ex Army Jim 39

Ex Army Jim 39 couldnt believe the price of chairs banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2022
    Lara is better than both of them he was near his full level in last one

5. Bfcad

Bfcad Active Member Full Member

Dec 10, 2022
    Can't believe this fight hasn't sold out, i know the card is abysmal but its one of the best fights of the year and for fans of both probably the last chance to watch them fight should they lose. I remember this fight being talked about heavily to be at Elland Road or the City ground and thinking it was madness to put it on in Sheffield

6. DramaShow

Dec 22, 2020
    Card is abysmal? Come on mate, what are you on about?

Kieron Conway vs Linus Udofia is a very good fight. The bookmakers have Udofia as a slight favourite which I can’t believe. That could headline some of the smaller hall shows some promoters have been putting on. Hopey Price vs Conor Coghill is also another good domestic fight and step up for Hopey Price. Both are British Title eliminators.

I know people here aren’t fans of female fights, but Harper vs Braekhaeus is different from the usual female world title fights we get served with like the Scotney one last weekend. Harper moved up from 130 to 154 remember. Braekhaues is naturally much bigger and if she has anything left in the tank she can most certainly win the fight.

Opening the show will be Junaid Boston against Scottish Area champion Corey McCulloch. McCulloch has only lost to 3 fighters with winning records and avenged his last defeat.

There are no journeyman type of fights or 6 rounders on the card. It’s a very good card and I’m not being biased by saying that. It’s full of domestic fights!

Even on Before the Bell you have Nico Leivars fighting Ryan Walker in only his 6th fight. Walker’s only defeats have come in 2 Southern Area Title fights, Lee Butler, and Lee McGregor.

It’s one of the strongest cards of the year.

They’ve sold about 9000-10000 tickets. Considering it’s in Sheffield that’s a very good number. Can see a lot of fights happening though in the crowd despite the separate sections.

Still in disbelief how Catterall vs Linares has done almost 6000 tickets. It’s a poor main event and Catterall isn’t even from Liverpool.

7. ALN93

ALN93 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

May 12, 2023
    Why do you keep mentioning it on threads that's nothing to do with Catterall v Linares... nobody cares.

8. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Sam Jones, no one cares about your posts. Now take the air out of your face and shave that ridiculous beard off. It doesn’t suit you and look fat.

tdf1974 likes this.
  9. ALN93

May 12, 2023
    Hearn has proper brainwashed you.

Braekhus is 42 and has won 1 fight in 4 years which was a 6 rounder. Harper is boring as fck.

Accurate, tdf1974 and Wizbit1013 like this.
  10. DramaShow

Dec 22, 2020
    Only loss to Jessica McCaskill for Undisputed. Before that fight Braekhus was considered the best female boxer alongside Katie Taylor and Amanda Serrano. It’s one of the better female fights.

Really looking forward to Conway vs Udofia. That could steal the show. I’m going to back Conway for the upset in that one. That could have headlined its own card if Matchroom decided to do a small-hall show.

11. ALN93

May 12, 2023
    Jessica McCaskill is awful.

They did one last week in Florida.

Accurate, ryanm8655, tdf1974 and 2 others like this.
  12. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Warrington vs Frampton sold out Manchester. Over 20,000. I would of thought this would sell out Sheffield at 13000. Its literally 40 mins from each city.
    The card is good too. All.decent fights I agree.

tdf1974 likes this.
  13. Oreet Cha!

Oreet Cha! I know what I like and I like what I know. Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    You do realise that Chorley - Liverpool via the M58 is only 30 minutes.

Geography obviously isn't one of your strong points.

It was either Liverpool or Manchester for the local support.

Accurate and Sonny1 like this.
  14. ALN93

May 12, 2023
    Never heard Drama Show (Sam Jones) talking about where fighters are from in relation to ticket sales on non-Matchroom shows. Now it’s amazing if they can sell a few tickets for a show half hour down the road but also the excuse for not filling out a venue when both fighters are 40 mins away from it.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  15. unfriendlyorchid

unfriendlyorchid Probably moaning about Sky Sports Full Member

Jul 20, 2021
    Zero interest in turning this into a ticket / promoter bashing / geography thread.

This is a cracking matchup. I actually like both of them, Leigh comes across as genuine and humble, and Josh very down to earth. Atmosphere there will be amazing for the main event - I actually think Sheffield is a masterstroke of a location, sensible mid-point for Nottingham and Leeds (oops, geography, please ignore) so it'll feel a bit like a cup final.

In the ring, I'm in the Wood camp all the way. Warrington is a dirty fighter and I fear he will go for his greased head routine again. Hopefully Leigh will keep him at distance early on and get a mid to late stoppage.

DramaShow likes this.