Lennox Lewis best win?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by WAR01, Feb 25, 2020.

1. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Good mentions.

2. Lennono

Lennono New Member Full Member

Mar 25, 2018
    Lennox simply the best
    This content is protected

3. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    His achievements against the 3 biggest fighters of his era didn't particularly count for much as Tyson and Holyfield were way past prime when Lewis fought them and the Bowe fight never materialised... He also fought a future champion of the next era (Vitali) which he was losing badly in before the fight was stopped. Lewis has a good resume but the fighters that were the elites of that time were either past their prime or unavailable to fight.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  4. dmt

dmt Hardest hitting hw ever Full Member

Jul 2, 2006
    Ruddock or Tua for me.

5. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Really Lennox was not expected to beat Razor Ruddock by many after Razor's showing against Tyson but when Lennox totally destroyed him. it was enough to send Bowe & Newman running for the hills in fear. Lennox ALWAYS seemed to easily defeat the fighters who were fancied to beat him .He upped his game for them

JohnThomas1 and Cecil like this.
  6. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Klitschko was Lewis best win.

Richard M Murrieta likes this.
  7. WAR01

WAR01 In the 7.2% Full Member

Aug 19, 2019
    Ruddock is his best win then? Not in the criteria i set i said prime fighter, his best prime win was Shannon who Old Foreman dominated at age 49.

8. WAR01

Aug 19, 2019
    "Win" a losing effort suppose we should give Byrd the win against Vitali? Lennox cut him dirty, desperate not to be KO'd.

Richard M Murrieta likes this.
  9. Richard M Murrieta

Richard M Murrieta Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 16, 2019
    I would have to agree with previous posts, the title bout against Vitali Klitchko on June 21 2003, was his best victory. While he was rattled by Vitali, he demonstrated his mettle as champion to absorb such devastating blows to come back to inflict a very deep cut over Klitchko's eyebrow to force the stoppage in round 6. HBO did good televising this bout.

10. VVMM

VVMM Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2012
    Holyfield isn't taller than Morisson.Rahman and McCall who destroyed Lewis aren't tall heavyweights.Mercer who
    was very competive against Lewis wasn't a tall fighter at all. Holyfield did nothing remarkable against Lewis and he wasn't too
    good against the very tall fighters..

11. VVMM

VVMM Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2012
    I think Lewis' best win was Vitali klitschko. Otherwise Lewis never beat an unbeaten and good fighter and basically he was
    a leftover and shot fighter beater .

WAR01 and Richard M Murrieta like this.
  12. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    I would have to say the Vitali fight.

Exciting slugfest. Lennox shredded the entire side of Vitali's face. The future Hall of Famer couldn't make it out for the seventh.

Probably the best win against the best opponent by any heavyweight champion of the world in his final fight in heavyweight history.

Most go out losers.

mcvey and Richard M Murrieta like this.
  13. Cecil

Cecil Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Absolutely spot on.
    Some fights you could see that he was a bit sluggish and not as well prepared.
    However when a real perceived threat was there he went into the zone and he was a frightening proposition when in that mindset.

C.J., mcvey and young griffo like this.
  14. WAR01

Aug 19, 2019
    Bar Vitali are we in agreement that Briggs is his best win over a prime opponent?

15. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    The underlined is rubbish.Vitali was cut from a right cross which was highlighted by the commentary at the time.

Smokin Bert and JohnThomas1 like this.