Lennox Lewis - Top 5 Notable Wins (Video)

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Rumsfeld, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Rumsfeld

Rumsfeld Moderator Staff Member

Jul 19, 2004
    This content is protected

Badbot, de Morhalle, despite and 13 others like this.
  2. The Funny Man 7

The Funny Man 7 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Nice work! Your last several videos have seen a big uptick in quality (I'm not saying the earlier stuff was bad. I'm just saying good job! :campeon:)

I agree with you that Lewis' win over Bruno was a big one. People tend to focus on the fact that Lennox looked to eager at time and got sloppy, but I focus on the fact that he rebounded from some tough early rounds against a brutal puncher and got the finish.

3. RockyMarciano

RockyMarciano Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Great video as always. The way Lewis made Tua look like he was totally harmless impressed me a lot. I was 14 at the time...just really getting deep into my boxing obsession and Tua was way up there for me back then. I think that domination has to be number 1 for me. Then number 2 has to be Golota. The guy is overlooked so often. I don't know one person in my real life who would have any idea who the guy is..even with the Bowe riot and all the craziness at the time...he really had some crazy potential. So I was glad to see you had a nice little Golota segment included. You had a good video dedicated solely to him a few years ago as well. Anyone not sure who Golota was should give it a watch.

This content is protected

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    George Crowcroft likes this.
  4. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Lewis wasn`t a decent fighter until Steward started training him that`s why he got knocked out by McCall.

Big Ukrainian likes this.
  5. The Funny Man 7

The Funny Man 7 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 1, 2005
    Two Olympic medals and a world championship + multiple title defenses disagree. Facts...

I can only assume you would say something so outrageous & dismissive because you have a total lack of perspective. Even if Lennox had died in some weird Salvador Sanchez like tragedy without ever working a day with Steward he still would have gone down in the Top 50% of all heavyweight title claimants ever and one of the most accomplished amateur fighters from any country ever.

And its not like he was a bullet proof warlord once he got with Steward. He still had performances where he looked sloppy and vulnerable at times. Also, he was knocked out exactly the same number of times after he got with Steward as he was before he got with Steward.

6. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    He beat McCall in a rematch while with Steward was training him, it was Manny that taught McCall to look for and time Lewis`s sloppy right hand after watching tapes of the Bruno and Tucker fights, his right hand was far straighter after Steward started with him, he hardly threw any 1-2`s v Bruno which later in his career became his main tools, he was awful in his final at the olympics v Bowe, it was a messy brawl and he was far too skinny at that point, even Bowe only weigh 200lbs in that final, a lot of cruiser weight champs could have beat Lewis at that point, Audley Harrison won gold at the Olympics but was a complete bust as a pro, winning the Olympics doesn`t always mean you`re as good as Salvadore Sanchez, he beat Azumah Nelson and Wilfredo Gomez, I would hardly put Bruno in that class P4P, do you know what I mean? Plus Sanchez when he died was better than Lewis was before he trained with Steward, Sanchez was ranked No.26 by te ring magazine in a list of the best fighters in the last 50 years in 1996, Lewis wasn`t even listed, Nelson and Gomez were on the list also only Holyfield wasc on the list from Lewis`s resume and he was old by the time Lewis beat him but if they had fought in `93 Holy would have countered Lewis`s wide, wild right hand all night. Holy`s counter punching also was far better than Bruno`s. How`s that for perspective?

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  7. elbonzoseco

elbonzoseco Member Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Lewis just got the W against Vitaly on a technicality and his effort has to be acknowledged, but it was the starting point of Vitalys career at the world class and he effectively retired Lewis. I certainly would not include this in his top 5 wins, rather in his top 5 fights.

gdm, Heavy_Hitter and timeout like this.
  8. timeout

timeout Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 15, 2010
    top 5 wins, gets outboxed for 6 rds and retires.:eatingburger:zpong:

gdm and mark ant like this.
  9. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Without tko6 and the cut, Lewis's cv wouldn't look so good. Mike was finished, Evan was on the slide, he went life and death with Mercer and Mavrovic and McCall had some kind of mental breakdown that to me did not avenge his loss to him. Tua was a textbook Wlad type performance straight from the Manny handbook. He looked horrible vs Bruno and Briggs until finding a big punch. Takeaway tko6 and you're left with Golota (another mental breakdown) and Morrison as highlight real wins.

mark ant likes this.
  10. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    bruno was a better win and put up a better fight than vitali.

difference is, bruno fans dont moan about over a decade after their man got stopped.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  11. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Yeah? What Wlad type performance would that be swanny :thinking:

You could class Sam Peters as Wlads David Tua even though he wasn't as good.

WK didn't put in a Lewis type performance against Peters when he was dropped 3 times and spent most of the fight holding on for dear life , did he?

From what I recall , Lewis pitched a clinch free shut-out against Tua (a better Sam Peter) winning every round in the process.

WK vs Peter could have been ruled a draw. If Wilder can get a draw from two drops , Peter can easily get a draw from 3. So Wlad was lucky Peter was a bum who brought nothing to the table , otherwise he would have walked away with a draw. LOL!!!

12. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Iggy was a better fighter than Tua and also a lefty which made him more dangerous, was a dull fight like Lewis Tua, try again Swanny. Another Dildo fail.

Big Ukrainian likes this.
  13. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    by you though.

iggy better than tua?? what for beating old briggs and holy??

tua has moorer oleg and rahman prime. What a joke of a post you made...unless u meant as an amateur. Then that would be true. Otherwise I dont get why you made such a joke of a post.

14. AlwaysFirst

AlwaysFirst Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    When I first watched that fight I thought Peter won, the only thing Wlad did was clinching for dear life. I was at the fight when Wlad quit in the corner against Williamson, it should been ruled a KO win for Williamson, I remember ppl were booing. Wlad would of been KO’d against Lewis

dinovelvet likes this.
  15. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Vitali would have toyed with Bruno and Frank wouldn`t have been able to take the shots Vitali took near the end of his bout v Lennox and Lewis awful pre-Manny, those right hands!