Lennox Lewis v Rocky Marciano

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by mcvey, Jul 25, 2015.

1. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    "You were picking on me."

"I don't want to debate you" (after asking me about six questions).

That's all tantrum fodder on a forum.

"And I am not twisting anything"

You did. You claimed I was "picking on you", "because I quoted one of Perry’s old posts." That is false, and demonstrably false.

"You did say I was clearly unwell and that you think lowly of me."

You asked me what I thought of you; that's what I think of you.

BlackCloud likes this.
  2. choklab

choklab cocoon of horror Full Member

Dec 31, 2009
    The questions were spread over several reply’s to your attacks against me after presumably having the audacity to quote an old post from perry.

no I did not ask for that. I harmlessly asked if had I gone up in your estimation since you were calling somebody else “the most ridiculous poster on this site”. By definition I was not asking for a direct slur toward my mental well being.

And Refuting this attack is not tantamount to having a Tantrum.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  3. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    I'm assuming the third man would show some compassion.

4. Mike Cannon

Mike Cannon Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 29, 2020
    there you go, so he did.

mcvey likes this.
  5. Jackomano

Jackomano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    This. Everything points to Fury being 6’7”. When he was coming up early in his career he was consistently listed as 6’7”.

Dave Oakes takes a look at Tyson Fury, the 6'7" 250 pound heavyweight from Manchester.
    https://theboxingbulletin.blogspot.com/2009/05/introducing-tyson-fury-story-photo.html?m=1

choklab likes this.
  6. CharlesBurley

CharlesBurley Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 23, 2020
    Call me crazy but I'm going to pick him to beat Leon Spinks

choklab likes this.
  7. choklab

Dec 31, 2009
    Curiously Evander Holyfield also began to be listed two inches taller after he had two inches worth of hair shaved off his head. The people who invent these “tale of the tape” listings must be under the misunderstanding that having a completely bald head equates to having grown two whole inches taller!

All anyone has to do to be listed as two inches taller is go bald. And if it’s written down somewhere that the guy with a bald head grew an extra two inches @mcvey will endorse it.

Tele Savalas was actually nine feet tall after he shaved his head..

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    Jackomano and BCS8 like this.
  8. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    Pissed off the Scotsman put you in your place?
    Marciano was five feet eight,happy now?

9. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    No shame, we've all been there when McGrain gets annoyed.

choklab likes this.
  10. choklab

Dec 31, 2009
    so you have you taken more than two inches off marcianos height?

This is still taller than the inferior albeit modern trained (and enormously over enhanced) David Tua who lasted 12 whole rounds against Lennox. As short as he was.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  11. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    Over your head.

Seamus likes this.
  12. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Fury is not 6ft 7. When he was next to wilder on a flat surface when both standing up straight you can see the height difference.

At least 1-2 inches. He could be 6ft 8, but I believe the 6ft 9 figure.

13. Johnny_B

Johnny_B Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 8, 2020
    Lewis KOs him with ease

14. Jackomano

Jackomano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Wilder isn’t 6’7” though. Wilder is closer to 6’5” and maybe 6’5.5” at the tallest and early in his amateur career career was listed as 6’6”, which I believe Wilder might be in shoes . I recruited basketball players for years and scouted many players that were legitimately 6’7” or 6’6” and Wilder was noticeably shorter than 6’7” when I met him at my old gym the fight factory back in 2012.

During the build up for the first fight Espinoza referred to Wilder as being 6’6” and Fury as 6’7”. Fury is likely 6’7” barefoot while Wilder is 6’6” in street shoes, since when both are in flat boxing shoes Fury has around two inches on Wilder.

"Wilder vs. Fury is a really intriguing fight both because of the styles in the ring and the personalities outside the ring," Espinoza said. "Deontay and Tyson are two of the most likable and most entertaining characters in boxing. . But all the entertainment aside, it is a high-level heavyweight fight between two of the top guys in the division and two huge athletes at 6-6 and 6-7, the two tallest and biggest guys in the sport today."
    https://www.foxsports.com/stories/boxing/wilder-ready-to-announce-next-fight-_-if-fury-wins-saturday

Here is Fury and Wach, who is 6’7”
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/p...uW8-oKTDtQHV5vlhAatcZoa6jF4HP5MAr_BOINHPDbCKw

Here is Wilder with Carmelo Anthony, who was measured 6’6” barefoot when drafted, but during his career was often over listed at 6’8”.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzISKrRVQAAk63z.jpg:large

Here is Fury with Carmelo Anthony
    https://www.proboxing-fans.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/tyson-fury-carmelo-anthony.jpg

choklab likes this.
  15. choklab

Dec 31, 2009
    Whatever they say they are Very few heavyweight boxers are genuinely over 6’5” (which is extremely tall anyway). Fury is certainly among the tallest. He’s certainly the tallest guy billed over 6’5” whatever he is.

If anyone is genuinely 6’6’ or just above this then Fury is the best candidate at the moment.

You have to remember boxing height is not accurate.

For years it seems anyone slightly over 6’ can be billed at 6’3”. Anyone a hair taller than 6’3” is rounded up as 6’6”. There are a whole bunch of heavyweights billed as 6’6” and all you can say for sure is that they are more than 6’3”.

Pat M and Jackomano like this.