Lennox Lewis vs Evander Holyfield 2 scorecards

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by sppedboy22, Aug 24, 2020.

1. sppedboy22

sppedboy22 Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2020
    This fight was much closer than the first one that was one of the biggest robberys ever Holyfield won rounds at most this fight could’ve went ethier way but I thought Lewis won 115-113

Big Ukrainian and dmt like this.
  2. dmt

dmt Hardest hitting hw ever Full Member

Jul 2, 2006
    I had it 7-5 Lewis, maybe 8-4. I scored it 5-6 months ago.

This second fight convinced me that a younger Holyfield would have beaten Lewis. Holyfield was past it (even Steward, Lewis's trainer, admitted this) and Lewis was just about at his peak.

Holyfield was gasping for air after throwing combinations and was fighting in spurts. If only he was a few years younger, he could have and would have won IMO.

3. THE BLADE 2

THE BLADE 2 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2009
    The first time I scored I had it for Holyfield by a point.The second time a draw.I agree with you that the fight could have been narrowly scored one way or the other.

4. TBooze

TBooze Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Both fights were close, I had no real problem with the first fight being a draw, I had Lewis two rounds up, so I only needed one change of opinion to score it a draw myself.

Lewis looked better in the rematch and I had him four rounds up at the end, but some of the rounds were close and hard to score, so a closer decision could easily have been the result.

Either way, I think both fights had relatively fair results to them. I never understood the big fuss.

Jackomano likes this.
  5. William Walker

William Walker Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 9, 2020
    You're right, this fight was much closer. This time Lewis actually made a decent showing and managed to draw with an aging Holyfield.

6. CharlesBurley

CharlesBurley Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 23, 2020
    9-3 Lennox. Jab in Holyfields face for 9 rounds, 3 round resting.

7. THE BLADE 2

Jul 14, 2009
    No this is the second fight we are talking, not the first.You got confused there

Big Ukrainian likes this.
  8. CharlesBurley

CharlesBurley Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 23, 2020
    No I didn't, Holyfield was schooled in both, unloading 7-8 hooks in a round doesn't offset 30 jabs landing plus a few power shots.

9. THE BLADE 2

Jul 14, 2009
    I did not see that

Jackomano, lufcrazy, Flash24 and 3 others like this.
  10. RulesMakeItInteresting

RulesMakeItInteresting Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2019
    Me either. I had it 6-5-1 Holyfield. But it didn't devastate me when it went to Lewis, who did a good job.

Heisenberg likes this.
  11. mrkoolkevin

mrkoolkevin Never wrestle with pigs or argue with fools Full Member

Jan 30, 2014
    I think I most recently scored it 6-5-1 Lewis, but that was being generous to Holyfield. Could've just as easily scored it 7-5 or even 8-4 Lewis, probably. I didn't see any way that Holyfield even arguably deserved the decision.

Sangria and JohnThomas1 like this.
  12. THE BLADE 2

Jul 14, 2009
    I would not say that.,A lot of the press row had it for Holyfield.

13. mrkoolkevin

mrkoolkevin Never wrestle with pigs or argue with fools Full Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Which 7 rounds could have possibly gone to Holyfield though? I'll have to go back and revisit again some time.

I thought it was an ugly, ponderous, lethargic performance on Lewis' part, and he practically gave away some rounds and left others closer than they should have been. But I still saw it as a clear Lewis win.

Mendoza likes this.
  14. RulesMakeItInteresting

RulesMakeItInteresting Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2019
    I don't think Lewis did his legacy any favors with either fight. In fact, his (in my opinion) the lack of a consummate victory over Holyfield actually formed the main reason I placed him #6, behind Foreman, on my top 10 ATG list. Bowe had already knocked him silly and Moorer had (again, in my opinion) decisively beat him once.

Of course, we all know Lewis showed his greatness in many other ways and he more than deserves his spot.

Reinhardt and swagdelfadeel like this.
  15. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Utter BS Lennox beat Vander EASY first time was a real King robbery. Second was closer but Lennox still won clearly

PIRA and Greg Price99 like this.