Lennox Lewis vs George Foreman FULL FIGHT WRITE UP

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Boxing_Fan101, Feb 23, 2024.

1. InMemoryofJakeLamotta

InMemoryofJakeLamotta I have defeated the great Seamus Full Member

Sep 21, 2017
    He took a beating from Mercer and Vitali.

2. Ney

Ney Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2024
    Klitschko couldn’t punch.

3. Boxing_Fan101

Boxing_Fan101 Undisputed Available bookgoodies.com/a/1068623705 Full Member

Jan 5, 2024
    Also Lewis beat Vitali on cuts while being behind in the fight not the same as a stoppage or decision win

4. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005
    It is a stoppage. If your face can't withstand your opponent's power and skill to the point where your health is in danger then you're just not up to him. The lengths people go to is bizarre.

5. Boxing_Fan101

Jan 5, 2024
    That didn’t stop it from being controversial another ref/doctor might have let it go on look at the Fury/Wallin fight for a fight that should have been stopped but wasn’t because Fury was the cash cow, would the fight have been stopped if Lewis was cut up like Vitali was I doubt it

6. NewChallenger

NewChallenger Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2020
    George KO's him in 3 I'd say.

He is not gonna do that jab and move stuff. The reason why Ali did the rope-a-dope is because he couldn't dance. You literally see him trying his damnest to run away from George and almost has this scared expression everytime George is infront of him going "How are you infront of me now" so he aggressively punched him off of him and then he tried to move again,but again he got that expression on his face going "How are you right infront of me". I believe there was a point where Ali almost slaps him almost to say "Get the f off of me"

So Lennox is cornered as he can't run, he can try to jab but he will eventually be caught on the ropes. And because he doesn't have the chin,he gets knocked out.

Post Zaire, Lennox destroys him really easily. George is gonna stand away from him, cautiously Jab, he is gonna let Lennox use the space around him as he gets jabbed to death. Then he is gonna throw a couple of flurries out of frustration and eventually gets knocked out because Lewis isn't gonna gas like Lyle did.

Smokin Bert likes this.
  7. Glass City Cobra

Glass City Cobra H2H Burger King Full Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Good write up, very entertaining. I think this is such a tricky matchup but it's possible Foreman drags Lewis into a brawl he can't escape from. There are so many ways this could go, but if Lewis gets caught by something big, he may not have any other option than to brawl. However, Lewis might be able to recover and get to Foreman first. The question is if Lewis has the courage to really go for it the way he did against Briggs and Vitali. If he tries to run or cover up, Foreman flattens him.

Smokin Bert and Boxing_Fan101 like this.
  8. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Of course the fight would have been stopped if Lewis was the same. Have you never seen Vitali's face or something? They don't fight to the death or until someone can never see again.

Greg Price99 likes this.
  9. Boxing_Fan101

Jan 5, 2024
    So why wasn’t the fight stopped when Fury had that cut against Wallin, some people in boxing at the time even said if it was anyone else that was cut like that they would have stopped the fight

10. White Bomber

White Bomber Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 31, 2021
    Lewis hit harder

11. Reallymakesmethink

Reallymakesmethink New Member Full Member

Jul 23, 2019
    Why do some people on this site act as though George Foreman has super strength? I'm not saying he couldn't beat Lennox, but what's with all the "he'll bully Lennox and walk through his punches" talk? lol

12. Boxing_Fan101

Jan 5, 2024
    Not according to Holyfield and he was hit by a slower than Joe Joyce Foreman

13. Greg Price99

Greg Price99 Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Tyson Fury's cut vs Wallin was very obviously nowhere near as severe as Vitali's cuts (plural) vs Lewis.

You could argue whether Fury should have been stopped or not vs Wallin either way. I've seen fighters stopped with less severe facial injuries and fighters allowed to continue with more severe facial injuries.

The ref in the Vitali vs Lennox fight had no choice, the fight had to be stopped with those injuries.

swagdelfadeel likes this.
  14. Boxing_Fan101

Jan 5, 2024
    I agree Vitalis face was ruined but if that was Lewis I have a feeling the fight would have gone on atleast for a couple of rounds to allow him to get back into the fight for the scorecards

15. Greg Price99

Greg Price99 Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 17, 2018
    I seriously doubt it.

Whilst I agree boxing is littered with incidents of the "a side" receiving favourable officiating, it would have been negligence in the extreme for any fighter to be allowed to continue with the horrendous cuts Vitali had come the end of the 6th.