Lennox Lewis vs the best of Jess Willard

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by InMemoryofJakeLamotta, Nov 19, 2017.

1. manbearpig

manbearpig A Scottish Noob Full Member

Feb 6, 2009
    TKO6

2. InMemoryofJakeLamotta

InMemoryofJakeLamotta I have defeated the great Seamus Full Member

Sep 21, 2017
    In other words, Willard by devastating, destructive KO 1 Lewis

3. Seamus

Seamus Proud Kulak Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Were you not contending that the Johnson who Willard beat was not fat, old and disinterested? That I was making things up? Well, I provided you with 2 quotes from notable members of the fistic community who were in Havana stating otherwise.

You have provided nothing.

4. Mr.DagoWop

Mr.DagoWop Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2015
    I was contending that that wasn't why I chose Willard to go only 6 rounds.

Again, you keep arguing an argument that I haven't even stepped foot into. At this point you are arguing against nonexistant points then asking if that's what I'm arguing then replying to yourself without letting me say yes or no.

5. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Lewis is overatted from an era of big lugs and we know this BC he fought on color television.

BCS8 likes this.
  6. InMemoryofJakeLamotta

Sep 21, 2017
    :pancarta::pancarta::pancarta: We both know you don't think Willard would beat Lewis.

7. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Absolutely! Men watch boxing in black and white, not this pouffy newfangled colour ish. I hear that they've even got some "high definition" stuff coming out soon. Or it was out? :thinking: Myself, I'm trying to get one of those hand crank thingies that runs on the silver nitrate film. Puts hair on your chest, that.

8. InMemoryofJakeLamotta

Sep 21, 2017
    Cars are for sissies....I'm partial to horse and buggies myself!

SHADAPBLAD and BCS8 like this.
  9. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    Oh yeah??? Well, I walk everywhere!

InMemoryofJakeLamotta likes this.
  10. Seamus

Seamus Proud Kulak Full Member

Feb 11, 2005

11. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Oh but I do and I can say that in this section...the section where nothing can be proved or has too as long as any nostalgic expert backs it up.

Go ahead PROVE Lewis who was knocked out by 2 bums defeats the mighty Willard who had the strength of 10 men and tied loggs on his back while running up mountains...go ahead PROVE it?

Posting with reverse logic is EASY I can tell you that.Kudos to posters like Choklab and dagowop.I can see why they have their style BC it requires little effort with little brain power. :eatingburger

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  12. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Lewis will win, unless his ego / a careless mistake allows Willard to land something serious, then he'll scream lottery punch.

The problem here is Willard had little defense, could not counter, and average at best hand speed. He's pretty slow on his feet too.

We are matching a master boxer type who hits harder, is more accurate, has better punch selection, better defense, and pretty much better everything except chin, vs Willard.

The time and ending depend on how much Lewis wants to risk. I think its over inside 6 rounds, but if Willard manages to land something solid, Lewis might coast to take a decision.

As always with Lewis, you magnify the puncher's chance, so an upset here is not out of the question.

BCS8 likes this.
  13. reznick

reznick In the 7.2% Full Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Nothing sounds dumber then downplaying the sizemic shift in media quality over the last 100 years.
    Sarcasm doesn't change that, any more than sarcasm changes the fact that computers have advanced exponentially over the last 100 years.

14. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    Goddamn it, let me have my fun!

reznick likes this.
  15. reznick

reznick In the 7.2% Full Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Fiiiiiinnneeeeuuhhhh!!

BCS8 likes this.