Lennox Lewis vs. Tyson Fury prime for prime.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by VG_Addict, Jun 1, 2020.

1. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Fury on points in an absolute stinker, he would twist turn, befuddle lewis all night as well as mauling and spinning him, it would be awful to watch but i think he gets a points win.

2. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    That's what happened vs #45 ranked Wallin. I think Lewis is levels above Wallin.

Druida Prime and Oddone like this.
  3. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    This. Just look at Rigo-Loma. Ignore the fact that Rigo was older and past his best. He was dwarfed. But they were only 8 pounds apart. Basically you had a natural Bantamweight and a natural Featherweight sharing the same ring. Less than 10 pounds difference in "natural" size and Loma looked like Goliath.

As you say, diminishing returns.

4. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    If a grandpa and fat version of Lewis can bust up Vitali then you could extrapolate that a prime version of Lewis was a H2H nightmare for most, if not all fighters.

5. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Lewis is as you say is levels above Wallin, but i think we are talking prime for prime, i don't believe fury is quite there yet but i think the version V Wilder2 would have beat him, but like i say in a borefest.

6. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Lewis showed how he deals with fighters who he doesn’t have height advantage over in the Vitaly fight. He loses his boxing skills because he’s forced to fight going in, something of which he is an amateur level at.

Lewis loses.

Tyson beats Tyson Fury, Holyfield possibly too. But guys who rely on height, when that’s taken away from them, they get lost.

FuryFTW likes this.
  7. fitzroy boy_iron mike

fitzroy boy_iron mike Active Member Full Member

Oct 26, 2005
    Wlad was reigning champ, undefeated for many years. Dethroned by Fury. Prime Vitali played with Lenny and put him into retirement (yeah yeah I hear all the "but look at the state of his face" rubbish- fact is that he was losing).

Holy had been through WARS with Bowe before Len and whilst a great HW, was basically a ATG Cruiser.

My argument is not that depth of resume of Fury is better. I have already stated that legacy/accomplishment etc Lenny has it. But H2H Fury is clear fave. Taking out Wilder and Wlad decicively is better than any win on Lens record.

8. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Prime Vitali was absolutely shredded by an ancient Lewis, who only had 2 weeks real preparation. Yeah - it's a fact Lewis was losing, it's also a fact Vitali lost... by stoppage... in 6. Clear win.
    Wlad had been absolutely thrashed by Sanders, Purity and Brewster. He'd been in 20 hard training camps and would never win another fight. Wasn't he like 40 too?Holy would beat TWO champions after Lewis. Wlad wouldn't even win another fight.

Also, Holy is a top 10 HW OAT, and a top 2 CW. He accomplished more at HW than anyone has ever accomplished at CW. I don't know what point you're trying to make.
    :lol:
    :lol:

9. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Tyson Fury isn't just ''The King of the Gypsies,'' the GOAT, ''The Baddest Man on the Planet,'' the slickest HW in history and the current #1 ranked HW, Bootleg D's 2 x surrogate father, the face of boxing and the biggest star in American boxing, he's also the highest paid combat athlete in the world

Tyson Fury's incredible renaissance to usurping Anthony Joshua as boxing's highest paid star: Lucrative fights in the US, a multi-million pound payday with WWE... and his 'Behind The Mask' autobiography set him back onto the super stardom path
    • British heavyweight Tyson Fury tops chart for highest paid combat star of 2020
    • He has enjoyed a remarkable comeback to top echelons of heavyweight boxing
    • He crushed Deontay Wilder in February to complete his incredible renaissance
    • The Gypsy King has also enjoyed ventures outside the boxing ring of late
    • He has stepped into world of WWE, plus has an £80million deal with Top Rank

Deal with it

This content is protected
    This content is protected

#gypsiesrunboxing
    #caravanswag
    #hedgehogpromotions

fitzroy boy_iron mike likes this.
  10. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    & he has a dad bod :rolleyes:

Serge likes this.
  11. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    The only Lewis opponent I can even begin to envisage giving Fury any problems is Jean-Maurice Chanet because he's also a fellow real fighting man aka a gypsy and he would be really up for the fight. But Tyson, Holyfield, Vitali, Rahman, Bruno, Tua, Mercer, McCall, Golota, Ruddock, Briggs, Mavrovic etc. all get bamboozled by the slick gypsy style and taken to slick school

12. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    I think Fury would find a way to win but I need to see him in a couple more fights and see that he can maintain his level from Feb.

13. Awkwardlefty

Awkwardlefty New Member Full Member

May 13, 2020
    Has Fury reached his prime, is post prime or still got some growth left in his skillset

14. FuryFTW

FuryFTW Active Member banned Full Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Lewis was also floored by Henry Akinwande

15. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Lewis would have smacked Fury silly.

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.