Lennox Lewis vs Vitali Klitschko

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by rebboxer, Dec 26, 2016.

1. rebboxer

rebboxer New Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2010
    How did Vitali take the fight on two weeks notice when he had been training for 7 weeks to fight Cedric Boswell on the undercard of Lewis vs Johnson. Kirk Johnson pulled out cause of injury and then they ended up fighting each other. They both had a full camp and they both took the fight on short notice. Stop ****ing posting bs.

Balder and mcvey like this.
  2. Champagne Popping

Champagne Popping The TRUTH is the TRUTH banned Full Member

Dec 15, 2016
    58-56 58-56 58-56 and it was on 2 weeks notice!

3. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Not exactly domination then like Vitali fans like to claim. A fighter being two rounds up after 6 rounds means Jack **** in a 12 round fight.

MarkusFlorez99, mcvey and Sugar 88 like this.
  4. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    An aging, uninterested, unmotivated and on the verge of retirement Lennox Lewis struggled for a few rounds with a young and hungry (former WBO champion) Vitali Klitschko then shredded his face and stopped him.

People seem to forget Vitali had already won and defended the WBO world title before Lewis, he wasn't the inexperienced fighter people seem to want to think he was, by the time he fought Lennox Lewis his record was 32-1.

I'm not having a pop it was a great effort by Klitschko on short notice but if Lewis was anywhere near his best them Lewis would have completely savaged him.

MarkusFlorez99, DJN16, mcvey and 5 others like this.
  5. Champagne Popping

Champagne Popping The TRUTH is the TRUTH banned Full Member

Dec 15, 2016
    you talk pure **** and you are a pro black raciially biased poster

Lewis actually admitted recently when talking about the fight he said.. ''it was 2 guys going at it in our primes''

Lewis had no plans for retirement before this fight. Vitali forced him into retirement!

Vitali was just at the start of his reign... He was a beast.. great fighter. With an unbelievable chin.. theres no way in a million years Lewis would have 'savaged' him.. you could have put 2 Lewis' in the same ring with him and they still wuldn't have knocked him down.

Lewis ducked the rematch and retiredlike a coward...it was a very poor way to end a very good career. Everyone knows Vitali was the stronger man.

Vitali - probably the best chin in the history of HW boxing.... Lewis bit of a dodgy chin. all your woulda/coulda/if/buts/excuses.. are a joke. Regarless of excuses, I know who my money would have been on every time. Prime Vitali looked unbeatable...

Balder and destruction like this.
  6. like a boss

like a boss Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Can't understand the continual denial by some over this fight.

Lewis created a pizza out of Vitali's face and left officials with no choice other than to stop the fight.

It was over 13 years ago. Time to accept reality and move on.

7. PIRA

PIRA Arise Sir Lennox. Full Member

Mar 30, 2007

The irony.

Talk boxing girly man not fantasy fan boy match ups. :deal:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    Shisha and like a boss like this.
  8. Optimus Dime

Optimus Dime Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Sep 10, 2015
    58-56 before the worst TKO ever.. barx..

Shisha likes this.
  9. Optimus Dime

Sep 10, 2015
    Just because you have the best chin.. doesn't mean the best barx can't take yer..

Shisha likes this.
  10. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Dodgy chin you say but he took all of Vitali's shots. Vitali couldn't get Lennox out of there and he nailed him with his best shots. He had his chance and didn't take it.

Gatekeeper, Shisha and mcvey like this.
  11. like a boss

like a boss Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Surely you aren't suggesting the ringside doctor should have allowed Vitali to continue with his left eye closed and his face mutilated are you?

The same doctor who commented after the fight :

"I asked him to look at me and, when he lifted his head, his eyelid covered his field of vision. He had to move his head to see me. If he had to move his head to see me, there was no way he could defend himself."

It took 60 stitches to put Vitali back together. He was clearly in no condition to continue regardless of the scorecards.

12. Optimus Dime

Sep 10, 2015
    No the worst TKO ever.. not the worst TKO decision..

13. Optimus Dime

Sep 10, 2015
    Worst KO decision belongs to Harrison-Sprott I where Audley wanted to beat the count..

14. Optimus Dime

Sep 10, 2015
    58-56 before the KO.. barx.. etc

15. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    People just don't realise the damage that's been done when you need SIXTY STITCHES to heal a cut.

That's also a hell of a lot of blood lost.

Lennox inflicted some serious damage on Vitali for that to happen, serious damage.