Lennox Lewis vs Vitali Klitschko

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by rebboxer, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Toney F*** U

Toney F*** U Boxing junkie Full Member

Oct 16, 2019
    Yup, Lewis could have said he felt like Superman but that doesn’t make it true, he was clearly already out of shape and aging. Vitali was young and strong and had multiple opportunities to finish Lewis but he couldn’t pull it off, and he got his face busted up in the process. Lewis said he wanted to retire after fighting Tyson so Vitali was lucky to even face him let alone get a rematch. Lewis won end of story.

2. Balder

Balder Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 10, 2012
    1. Vitali took the fight with the exact same short notice as Lewis
    2. Lennox was in training, he was not in the " worst shape" of his life. They were both in training for other fights
    3. Lennox was 37 and Vitali was 32 , Only a 5 year difference
    4. At age 37 Vitali won the WBC title for a second time and fought into his 40's - as opposed to Lewis who retired rather than fight Vitali a second time
    5. Lennox was scheduled to fight Vitali right after his fight with Kirk Johnson, who pulled out with injury, so Lewis was already thinking about Vitali and was NOT taken by surprise.
    6. Lennox's own wife told him not to fight Vitali again.
    7. Lennox was losing, and was gassed out after the 6th , and collapsed onto his stool in exhaustion and was on his way to getting koed by Vitali.

Let the haters hate.

Vitali was the real champ after their fight and everyone knew it.

Odins beard and Safin like this.
  3. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    So the fight was stopped because Vitali couldn’t continue due to the damage caused by punches Lennox landed, yet Vitali was the real champion?

Can someone explain this thought process to me please as for decades I’ve been under the assumption that the aim of the sport is to land blows that leave your opponent in a position where it is not safe for them to continue.

4. Terminator

Terminator Active Member Full Member

Dec 9, 2020
    A way past it, 37 year old, weighing the heaviest he had ever weighed in his career butchered up Vitali’s face and somehow miraculously made him look even uglier.

Lewis will forever be Vitali’s daddy

5. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Yes, and the cut wasn't even caused by a typical punch. It was caused by Lewis' glove grazing the skin and tearing it. A freak occurrence. People seem to either want to ignore that completely or just make something else up. Vitali was also up on the cards. Lewis raising his arm after the bout was called off summed him up.

The irony is that many of the same people who talk about warrior spirit etc are often the ones hiding behind "TKO6" and all of that corny stuff. Too biased for the consideration of context.

Lewis couldn't beat Vitali Klitschko and that is why he had to retire as opposed to taking a lucrative and fruitful rematch that everyone wanted to see. Yes, there is more to life than boxing - but let's not pretend that Lewis wouldn't have taken the rematch had he actually felt that he could have won it, the man's ego was enormous. He benefitted twice from rematches, after being sparked, and all we ever hear about is how he "beat every man he faced". Yet, he didn't have the balls to give Vitali Klitschko one when the circumstances more than merited it. I think that says it all.

Balder likes this.
  6. Balder

Balder Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Funny how he was " past" it, but no one ever said that before the Vitali fight only after it. Yet, at age 37, same age as Lennox when he quit won the WBC belt for a second time.

Vitali was better than Lennox. He showed that in their fight. He would have beaten Lennox in the rematch as well, that is why Lennox quit - to keep up his legacy. All the announcers, spectators , trainers and beat writers who watched the fight live, knew Vitali was on his way to being the champ, it is only contemporary posters that want to see history differently.

Vitali had to wait to be crowned , but he was the real champ, much like Ali was during his exile.

7. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Lol

Dry your eyes buddy

TKO6

8. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog The people doing the banning are idiots Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Lol you’ll be telling us that Scotland are the real champions of Europe next!

Wizbit1013 and Terminator like this.
  9. Terminator

Dec 9, 2020
    You cant keep comparing different fighters at different ages. Not all fighters are the same at 27 or 37 and many peak at different times. The fact that Vitali won a title at 37 irrelevant

10. Terminator

Dec 9, 2020
    Have to disagree Safin. This was Vitali’s face after the fight against a 37 year old, 18 and a half stone Lewis:
    This content is protected

Looks alot more than just a glancing blow that caused that mess. He was always ugly but somehow Lewis made him look even worse

Gatekeeper likes this.
  11. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Sorry, you are just noise in the internet. Even your insisting how old and out of shape Lewis was is laughable.
    Lewis had scheduled fight and Vitali was replacement guy and Lewis was lucky with this cut.
    Lewis was not able even to drop Vitali for a count, however Lewis yeah, had been dropped in his career and stopped in distance,
    Lewis definitely does have daddies and what from this.

It is not warranted that even 30 y.o Lewis might had won rematch vs Vitali.
    Vitali had better chin than Lewis and Wlad & bunches with celebrity fighters.

All your pride is to post clips with cut boxers face and masturbate.
    Interestingly also, despite people love to call anyone who not agree with them as Lewis haters, Vitali fans does not post clips with fights where Lewis was down. ;)

So think when you masturbate, is so important Lewis and ppl posts in internet here for Vitali fans?

Don't dream about this, otherwise they had posted also am fight video where Lewis had been stopped.
    Lewis does have daddy even from his am career and not cos cuts this had happened.

12. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Still remember that Lewis uppercut and I think Vitali somehow still standing broke the heart of Lennox.

Incredible chin.

Balder and Terminator like this.
  13. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Why do people still try and use the argument "Vitali was up on the cards"

So what if he was the fight isn't 6 rounds. Being up on the cards halfway through does not mean the fighter was going to win the next 6 rounds.

All we know is Vitali was up on the cards and was stopped due to the his face being cut to pieces by his opponent. No more debate is needed.

Vitality had his chance to get Lewis out and missed his opportunity. Personally I alway felt the fight was swinging Lewis's way and he would have put Vitali away.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  14. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    I always laugh at guys like you: face cut to pieces and typing in forums about this one fight makes you feel comfortable.

Interestingly, I find out that Vitali fans sadly most likely are more intellingent than Lewis fans: they does not post links to Lewis fights where he was on the floor, does not brag how cool looked Lewis when he had been stopped by am boxer etc like things.

Looks that really they does not value guys like you worth to waste time with in internet forums and I also suspect that they respect boxers more than lads like you.

End of discussion for sure.
    To discuss with noise like you is to waste time.

15. Terminator

Dec 9, 2020
    Lewis being his daddy was a tounge in cheek comment.

It is a simple fact that Lewis was the heaviest he had ever been in his career. On the eye test, which is my opinion, is that Lewis looked considerably slower and past it at 37 vs Vitali than he did vs Golota at 32.

Now lets not forget here, Vitali landed many punches on Lewis and he couldn’t move him whatsoever. Lewis was wobbled maybe once in the first 3 rounds by a strong straight that landed right on Lewis’ chin. Lewis on the other hand butchered Vitali’s face with multiple punches leaving him a bloody beaten mess after 6 rounds.

For you to call me a Vitali hater is laughable mate. I will be the first to say how class Vitali was as a fighter and how much respect for him I have