Lennox Lewis would beat prime Ali: prove me wrong

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by InMemoryofJakeLamotta, May 24, 2019.

1. JackSilver

JackSilver Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 24, 2017
    You think he would call him an Uncle Tom like he did to just about every black fighter that upset him or didn’t acknowledge his greatness in the 1960s?

2. ETM

ETM I thought I did enough to win. Full Member

Mar 19, 2012
    I could see Lewis adjusting after a few rounds of missing. He might take some steam off his punches to just make contact. He'll sacrifice power in the process. Lennox was a smart boxer.

Joeywill likes this.
  3. SignTheContract

SignTheContract New Member Full Member

Jan 23, 2009
    I don’t think it’s impossible for Lewis to win but I don’t know how Lewis would be able to deal with the speed, footwork, and savvy. Lewis is a great fighter but I just think he came along 3 to 4 years too late. His legacy is built off of beating a shot Tyson.

4. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    NOBODY!! beats a prime Ali. Remember we were denied 3 1/2 years of his prime too. Lennox himself will tell you that Ali was his idol

KidGalahad and reznick like this.
  5. Aston Villa

Aston Villa Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Lesser fighters had great success with Ali and beat him, the more I think, the more im feeling Ali gets dropped on way to a pts loss

6. Aston Villa

Nov 22, 2011
    Rose tinted CJ..Without his lay off he would've met maybe an even better Joe Frazier in the late 60's

7. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    Three & a half years forced lay off, for purely political reasons. Ali was not the same fighter after that. He was still way above the others but he had to adjust his style.
    Just imagine what he'd have accomplished in those 3 1/2
    years. Will always be !!!THE GREATEST !!! for me

KidGalahad, reznick and Aston Villa like this.
  8. Aston Villa

Nov 22, 2011
    He wasn't CJ, Norton arguably beat him 3 times, Frazier bounced him in FOTC
    That I will respect

9. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    He wasnt PRIME Ali for Norton for Joe Frazier. Plus he went 10 rounds with Ken Noton with a broken jaw

10. Aston Villa

Nov 22, 2011
    He was stronger than the 60's.. He needed that strength to contend with the better fighters he fought in the 70's..Your a good poster and I respect your opinion, its my opinion that your a little rose tinted with Ali, maybe your era ?? I can understand it, we all do it

11. Aston Villa

Nov 22, 2011
    in 1 of the fights CJ, not all three. Im taking Nortons opinion that it wasn't the second he broke Ali's jaw in either

12. Terry Islam

Terry Islam New Member Full Member

May 24, 2019
    There's absolutely no proof the jaw was broken in the 2nd...this always seemed baloney and fighters never seem to say "oh yeah, there was about 46 seconds to go in the 12th when that happened".

Bukkake likes this.
  13. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    Angelo Dundee himself told us at Canastota HOF that his jaw was broken in round 2. There were pics of his xrays taken after the fight there was a quarter of an inch gap. The Doc said the pain must have been excruciating.
    Angelo also told us the true story of the split glove against Henry Cooper

14. ETM

ETM I thought I did enough to win. Full Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Why would you say his legacy is built off of Tyson? The names on his resume are impressive. He beat alot of good figbters. Really the only reason he fought Tyson was to help Mike get a payday and shutup Tyson"s fans who would still be hollering that Lennox was afraid of him. Lewis didn't need Mike Tyson.

15. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Disagree there. Vitali was laying a beating on Lewis for most of their fight and Lewis never ever seemed like he was about to quit. Great champions (pretty much anybody in the top 10) imo are immune to mind games. They've seen it all. It's like saying Mike Tyson would intimidate Ali so badly that he'd freeze up and get KO'd. I don't see it.