Let's be honest here Lawrence Okolie is garbage

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by yesihavearm2, Sep 1, 2017.

1. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    The guy is getting caught all the time again and just leaves his chin out in the air. Not to mention he was rocked and had his nose broken in his last fight lol!

His winging punches make Wilder's look like Mikey Garcia's.

As soon as he fights someone half decent he is going to be exposed big time, the guy is all power and no IQ or stamina, I bet he has a Glass Jaw too.

Okolie is garbage.

2. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Never seen someone with no jab and the slowest hands be hyped up so much.

Canning, Odins beard and yesihavearm2 like this.
  3. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    well hes a cruiserweight, so hes likely to be ko'd soon, deep division with heavy hitters.

4. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Okolie is a KO waiting to happen

5. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    He is a brutal KO waiting to happen with those sparrow legs and wild swings.

6. gmurphy

gmurphy Land of the corrupt, home of the robbery! banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2013
    He should have stayed amatuer for 4 more years, basically got as far as he did because he was big and fast and jump on opponents and put serious pressure on them. In the ams this gave he's opponents no time to work him out. The ones that did Damaged him, eg savon

Odins beard likes this.
  7. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Boxing Monthly had Okolie rated as the tenth best British Cruiserweight before tonight's "fight", which is simply laughable: based on this display, any of the other top 10 rated British Cruiserweights would batter him. I think even Richard Riakporhe would give Okolie a slap and work him over.

yesihavearm2 likes this.
  8. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Enzo Mac should come out of retirement and spark this joke :sisi1

Canning likes this.
  9. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Much like a certain American Heavyweight of similar physical stature and punching technique. :sisi1

It might happen a lot sooner than we think, too: I could very well see him being dragged into deep waters by a journeyman and getting exposed and laid out when he tries to use his power to get him out of trouble, only to be found wanting.

10. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    I'd be concerned if I was Hearn watching that. Okolie was in a ding dong scrap vs a guy who's on the fringe of the fringe.

Canning likes this.
  11. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    okolie is trash this is the reason why most of hearns fighters get exposed they fight trash look good beating trash build there records 1st half decent fighter they get beat look at that morrison beat trash up got hype fights a fighter thats there to fight took a beating

12. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    I hope he is making crusierweight easy because he has no chance at heavy.

13. velagod

velagod Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2012
    He's got no hope at cruiser either but at least at heavy he would get paid more for being brutally knocked out.

14. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    If I was the winner of Simmons v Askins I would offer to fight him for British title, as it would boast there profile, wallet and wining records ! I actually think he will fight Chamberlain in the next year or so and that will genhis first lose. Chamberlain came through a real gut check when he won with one shoulder out of play. Okolie will be dangerous with any cruiser first 6 rounds with power but after that a good cruiser should find him easy pickings. Don't get me wrong a good cruiser could take him early as he's so open for straight rights down the pipe it's untrue.

Canning likes this.
  15. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    You mean like last night? lol :)

Oneirokritis and tee_birch like this.