Let's Be Real Here, A 75% Fury pitched a near shut out over Glass Jaw Wilder.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Alien, Jan 17, 2019.

1. greenhornet

greenhornet Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 14, 2016
    Fury's fans state Wilder is a complete bum. then he draws with Fury and now they say Fury is the best HW ever!! lmao.

2. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Fury wasnt unconscious, he was taking his sweet time getting up so he can recover completely. He made great use of time.

3. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Fury admitted himself that he was unconscious. You can't make great use of time when you're asleep

4. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Unconscious for 1 second, then he recovered just fine and took his time getting up.

5. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sep 27, 2016
    It was more than one second. I'd say 4-5 seconds and when Fury returned to his feet, the action should have resumed immediately. Instead Fury was given an additional 10 seconds to walk around the ring and shake off whatever cob webs that was left fogging his brain.

What's to say had Fury been waved straight back into the fight, Wilder wouldn't have finished him off properly.

I believe that in the rematch the best possible outcome Fury can hope for, is moving on the from the fight with a permanent limp.

6. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Little known secret, Fury had a flare up of goute in his anckles and knees during the fight. He also had a ruptured disk in his back and had temporary blindness due to his diabetes. So 75% is a stretch. I say hes was at 2% when he fought Wilder. The following morning Fury walked across a lake to save a drowning boar. True story!

Sephiroth Rising 7 and DimitarB like this.
  7. DimitarB

DimitarB New Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2019
    He never said that he was unconscious. And if you play the knockdown in slow-mo you will see why.

8. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sep 27, 2016
    Oh he did. And this tears to pieces this ridiculous idea that he was just slowly binding his time to get back up and recover.

This content is protected

Or did Fury tell you something different in private?

9. Glass City Cobra

Glass City Cobra H2H Burger King Full Member

Jan 6, 2017
    He called larry holmes a "coward" the guy has to be like 16 years old and has clearly never been in a ring. If he has, that makes it even worse.

Willie Maeket likes this.
  10. DimitarB

DimitarB New Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Alright, he said he looked unconscious. But I just can't explain to myself how can he be unconscious and after 10 seconds to be on his feet again. It's surreal.

11. Geo1122

Geo1122 Active Member Full Member

Jul 7, 2017
    If he was unconscious then it must surely be the worst knockout in the history of the sport. I mean, only Wilder can lay claim to knocking a guy out and still not winning the fight.

RyoriSan likes this.
  12. Leeroy84

Leeroy84 Lancashire-la-la-la Full Member

May 7, 2016
    Wilders power just isn't what we thought it was

and then when he had the chance, he forgot to windmill.. doh

13. Heavyrighthand

Heavyrighthand Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Wilder is not what I would call Glass-jawed, but yes, Fury did dominate him almost every round

Wilder in the last day or two said the rematch is certainly in the works