Let's be real here, Andy Ruiz is just another common boxer in the year 2019.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Kratos, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Kratos

Kratos Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Gone are the days where fighters would just suck it up and go fight and would have no problem traveling and not making it obvious that it's all about the money while making excuses every day. People thought that Ruiz was a fighter that's different and was somewhat humble and gracious but now he's shown that he's another con artist just like the other ones and is spoiled. First it was that he didn't want to go to the UK to fight and now he doesn't want to go to Saudi Arabia to fight, dude signed a contract for a rematch and he's obviously pissed off that even though he's holding 3 major belts he has to adhere to the terms of the contract and that he has no say in what goes on. It doesn't help that Haymon is brainwashing him into making statements that have no merit and that both of them are frustrated because they want to fight Wilder for the undisputed championship and for the PPV money and that's not going to happen unless Joshua decides to retire and not fight Ruiz. It's also actually sounding that Ruiz does not want to fight Joshua again because he's not confident he can win again, that's for sure.

Either way if Joshua or Ruiz fight one of them will be forced to fight Usyk for the WBO title, most likely Ruiz won't fight Usky so he'll lose that belt and he'll go and fight Wilder. Then there's the IBF that is forcing the winner of the Joshua and Ruiz fight to fight Pulev by May or the'll be stripped of the belt. So it's entirely possible that if Joshua or Ruiz were to go to a draw there will be 5 different heavyweight champions by the middle of next year and there is a good chance that can happen.

Most of these boxers today are diva's, they have no shame in showing how greedy and entitled they are and the dealings with the belt organizations that these promoters have has led to the destruction of boxing as of now. You actually have boxers openly saying that they'll only fight another fighter if the money is right, how about you go and fight the other boxer because you want to prove you are better and to hold all the titles? Or you have fighters clearly avoiding other ones because of the fear of losing and getting laughed at by the public, real fighters should not be caring about losing. Yes there are a few real genuine fighters out there and people who follow boxing know that you can count them with two hands.

The public longs for there to be strong boxers, where are they?

POTUS and Badbot like this.
  2. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Heck, even Mayweather sucked it up and was the B side to Gatti and De La Hoya.

Ph33rknot and kirk like this.
  3. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    Well, he is not another common boxer. He's the HW champion of the world.

You will live longer if you hate less.

4. Kratos

Jan 27, 2014
    He's not acting like a real heavyweight championship of the world and you have entirely missed the point of this topic.

and don't give me a life lesson here, that's nice of you but that doesn't apply to anything I said.

Badbot likes this.
  5. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    George Foreman's first title fight in the USofA was vs Evander Holyfield.

6. Kratos

Jan 27, 2014
    and Foreman is needed right now badly, unfortunately that will never happen.

7. thesmokingm

thesmokingm Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Another assinine thread...

Southpawswitch likes this.
  8. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    You said in your title that he's another common boxer, and I told you that he's not. You wanna hate? hate then, I give 0 **** about when you die or not, tbh.

9. Kratos

Jan 27, 2014
    Calm down Andy, and focus on your rematch with Joshua and stop complaining about the fight location.

What's wrong with it? did I write anything untrue?

10. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    He is not common but he isn't the boxing god most of the AJ haters want you to believe..

Parker who the experts all agree is a dud but managed to beat Ruiz (even if you think it was a robbery it was close enought to give unlike GGG Canelo 1 and Fury Wilder which had to be made draws cause they were so wide.)

His biggest problem is lack of pop and will be exposed as soon as he comes up to someon with a better chin than AJ.. Even AJ took his best and although scrambled he was up and if he didn't have this issue he probs would have won..

Ruiz ain't doing that to anyone else and Wilder would ko him, Usyk would wide UD him and I even thin Fury would make him quot on his stool..

I know 95% of this Ruiz love is really AJ hate but ffs lets be realistic Ruiz is a quick fattty who caught AJ who couldn't recover and if he get past AJ again he will lost those titles pretty quickly..

11. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    He'd have been a "fat bum" in Wlad's, Vitali's or Lennox's resume. I'm not convinced he didn't get lucky cause Joshua went for the finish in a foolish way. How many obese greats have there ever been? Dude's lazy, period. Embarrassing loss for AJ.

12. don owens

don owens Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 5, 2005
    you make your own luck. preparation meets opportunity. Ruiz (aka Fat man/champion) prepared and met the opportunity.....LUCK.
    Joshua (aka Quitter/Loser) failed to prepare.......UNLUCKY

13. POTUS

POTUS Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Thought I saw Ruiz at whole foods in CA. Did a double take & It was just some fat heavy set cholo doe lol...