Let's End This Debate: Was Spence 100% or Was Crawford Just Superior In Everyway?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BoxingIQ, Aug 11, 2023.

1. bjl12

bjl12 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Porter came to fight that night and he looked real sharp to me.

But there's a reason Porter and Spence waited so long to fight Crawford. There's a reason Thurman and Danny G never wanted it. And there's just 1 common denominator - and his name is Bud.

Splash likes this.
  2. Philly161

Philly161 "Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless" banned Full Member

Oct 25, 2020
    "he looked so much better against a different fighter" is some pretty funny "proof"

Smoochie, bjl12 and Rumsfeld like this.
  3. BoxingIQ

BoxingIQ Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2017
    No disrespect, but Porter was contemplating retirement before fighting Spence. One again, I'm not saying Crawford wouldn't have beaten old Spence but anyone with a brain can see that Spence was not well prior to entering the ring.

Smoochie and MismatchHypejob like this.
  4. bjl12

Sep 26, 2012
    Spence looked like Spence for 1.5 rounds. Hell bscene website even gave Spence rd 3...making it 28-28 after 3 rounds (TC KD Rd2). Crawford made Spence gunshy and took over with precise counter punching and masterful timing. He also defended reasonably well but - as TC does - traded punch for punch too.

Nobody felt Spence has a TBI against Danny Garcia or Ugas. ...Because Spence won those fights in emphatic fashion. The TBI was only a factor against Bud Crawford...because Spence lost in an emphatic fashion. In other words, the TBI was outcome dependent which means it did not play a role. Yes, Ugas and Danny (and Porter) all had their moments against Spence but nothing remotely like the Bud night. But TBI wasnt even a whisper until the beatdown...

The inactivity thing is a joke too. Since stopping Brook in 2017 he's averaged 1 fight/year. Spence taking time off in between fights is not remotely new. It wasnt a problem versus Danny or Ugas either but suddenly is a big problem.

Again, I think Spence was a little bit drained but nothing major...but that's on him and his team...he's always struggled to make weight but he didnt go down in weight for this fight...he's a career WW like Hagler or GGG at MW...always been the same (yes GGG had a fight or two at 168 but he's a career MW ffs). Spence looked fine at the weigh-in and actually looked amped up tbh

Now when people say Spence looked different, like you and @Olu G. Rotimi and @ellerbe , its because Spence lost. Obviously he looked different because he got beat the **** up and that's never happened before. Spence was cleanly routed by a superior fighter. No version of Spence beats Crawford, ever.

And Spence delayed this beating, along w Thurman, Danny, and Porter. Those duckers simply catching karma. But you 3 (and many more on other cess platforms) will regurgitate conspiracy theories about Spence looking sleepy, being inactive, being drained, not recovered from TBI, Spence's walkout costume being too heavy, Derrick James poisoned Spence, Crawford used illegal ancestral spirits, etc.

You three recycle various excuses about Spence losing to spare your own egos of being WRONG. You were WRONG. Spence and PBC were WRONG. Floyd was WRONG. Its okay. Everyone gets it wrong sometimes. If you gave a sh*t about Spence you'd HONOR him in the way he HONORED his first defeat - without any excuses. Try to learn a thing or two...and please don't listen to Floyd, Tank, or Deontay...literal morons.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2023
  5. African Cobra

African Cobra The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    You are such a ****ing liar! I never said Spence looked different. Even if I think so I will not say because we refuse to detract from Bud’s magnificent victory. Cometh the rematch Cometh the man. Spence does not make excuses as we were are not built like that *****. We leave excuses to the likes of Loma and his followers known as the Lomasexuals.

DaRealJT and deadACE like this.
  6. bjl12

Sep 26, 2012
    Floyd and miss Jackson broke up like 10 years ago btw

7. Ted Stickles

Ted Stickles Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Crawford is without a doubt the smarter and superior fighter. Spence was drained and was not 100percent but it would not have mattered if he was firing in all cylinders . Crawford has a larger arsenal to utilize.

8. African Cobra

May 29, 2007
    You call Floyd , Tank etc morons when you are the biggest moron on ESB. I suggest you look at the mirror son to see what a moron looks like.

9. African Cobra

May 29, 2007
    You wish you were Shantel.

10. BVA

BVA member banned Full Member

Dec 12, 2018
    you know the names of Floyds ex girlfriends:risas3: . I knew you were a obsessed superfan of his, but man that is creepy as hell.

11. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I think everyone already knew that Crawford was the more dynamic, mutli faceted fighter................the fact that Crawford was stronger was very surprising to me. I have my thoughts on why but at the end of the day........this critique of "why" Spence couldn't do what he normally does and lost is silly. I like them both but definitely thought Spence was gonna win and be too much for Crawford but I refuse to take away any credit from Crawford. He earned the hell outta that win, it was a masterful performance.

bjl12 likes this.
  12. BVA

BVA member banned Full Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Paulie Malignaggi “He dismantled him” “It looked like they were playing two different sports in there.” :deal:

Smoochie likes this.
  13. Mickea4

Mickea4 Active Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2018
    Both can be true at the same time, Spence hasn't been 100% for years but Crawford has always been superior in every way with the possible exception of punch power

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  14. MismatchHypejob

MismatchHypejob Active Member Full Member

Aug 24, 2022
    Before fighting Crawford, Spence had one fight in 32 months...that one fight being 35 year pillow fist Ugas who almost knocked him out and should have lost to a 40+ year Pacquiao who had to fight him short notice. This is inactivity. That one fight with Ugas took place 15 months prior to Crawford. You're being straight up dishonest. It's not debatable, Spence was inactive.
    Look at Spence vs Brook (a huge 147lber btw) now look at Spence vs Crawford. In fact you don't even need to compare, just look at Spence against Crawford, looks sickly, skeletal and unhealthy.

You're just deluding yourself to give as much undue credit to Crawford possible

15. bjl12

Sep 26, 2012
    Jesus. Ugas beat Manny clearly but you say Ugas shouldve lost...based on what??? Spence got caught...it happens. Crawford gets caught too. What matters is what happens afterward and Spence bit down and stopped Ugas...someone that has never been stopped...dont think he was even in KD before. Spence dominated Danny Garcia more clearly than anyone else ever.

All of that was after the car crash. All of that was despite inactivity. Elite fighters find a way to win and Spence might be great or very good and possibly even elite...hes just not special.