Let's give Joshua credit and finally appreciate him

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by lordlosh, Sep 26, 2021.

1. miketysonko

miketysonko Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 29, 2006
    Not really, he performed 7/10 I would say, first few rounds he didn't do anything at all, like a deer in headlights. He is so afraid of getting hit. He is a pussycat underneath that bodybuilder exterior. He just can't let his hands go.

McCrack should have given him a couple of shots between rounds to make him relax. He has just checked out mentally ever since Ruiz took his balls.

2. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    The way I see it isn't that we should be giving Joshua extra props for doing something he should be expected to do, but that we don't come down on him unduly harshly for losing. He behaved exactly as a champion should behave; he may have started off as a hype job but he grew into the role, when he could have easily gone down the Wilder route and milked his titles with soft defences and a whole lot of empty bluster. He's a quality fighter with a good mindset and he deserves to be recognised as such.

3. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    He'll likely activate the rematch clause but it really isn't in his best interests to do so, as that's a fight he'll 100% lose. I agree it's a bit pointless going after Wilder da Wisp in Alabama, or wherever he's holed up, but fights with Whyte or Joyce are certainly doable and very intriguing. Whyte especially would be a very interesting rematch.

ShovelHook, Mickc and BubblesUK like this.
  4. BubblesUK

BubblesUK Doesn't buy hypejobs Full Member

May 6, 2021
    Sure, I'd like to see him fight Whyte again, even though that's even more predictable than the Usyk rematch... I'd like to see him fight Joyce, though it's a big leap up for Joyce, it could stop the hype train dead, but Joyce needs to get on with stepping up.

Honestly though, I just want to see the best fight the best - I'm fine with AJ-Usyk 2, the first was a great fight and even if 2 want similarly (I don't think it would, AJ surely would have to change approach) it'd still be a great fight to watch.

I agree he'll go for it, and I'm glad he will.

5. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Hmmm sounds like somebody is upset today, listen your man all smoke and mirrors, he was lucky Fury wasn't opposite him last night, Fury would have probably ended his career.

Yeah and Wilder deserves a lot of hammer too, what's your point?

I'm a hater because I expect somebody holding the IBF, WBA and WBO title to actually face mandatory challengers?

Or expect them to face tough opponents?

And if you'd like To go through AJs title defences, see AJs opponents ages and what they have done before and after AJ and what state they were in we can find you like?

We can discuss past it 40 year olds and some average Heavyweights.. I'm cool with that

As for Fury, yeah he deserves some stick too for a few things, but he has the two best wins compared to AJ.

Fury went to GERMANY and ended Wlads long reign in a one sided fight, AJ took a defeated Wlad who hasn't fought for almost two years, was almost stopped and claims it as a great great win.

And Fury went to the US and beat the unbeaten WBC champion in his own backyard, AJ went to the US once and was smacked silly.

We can go on if you like?

ShovelHook likes this.
  6. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    This guy N17 is ridiculous. We shouldn't give AJ props for fighting his mandatory, and the best in the division, but we somehow should give Fury and Wilder credits, for actually doing absolutely nothing of notice.

Wilder manage himself said Wilder ducked Klitschko, cause he wasn't ready for him. Wilder himself admitted that he ducked AJ, because he thought that Fury is a cherry pick.
    What Fury did when he won the titles from Klitschko ? Ducked him twice, popped dirty and go into a ****** world deep in retirment.
    What Fury did after he won the title from Wilder?

Both Fury and Wilder are for longer in the HW division than Joshua, why they didn't fight guys like Povetkin, Ruiz, Parker, Pulev, Takam(when he was in great shape back in the day), Whyte as well.

I'm asking again why ?
    But yeah we should not give Joshua props for fighting the best out there, but we should give for the guys that obviously are cherry picking ....

And don't make me laugh for Klitschko. I could make a very good case, that Klitschko from Joshua was way better, than he was in Fury. Simple because Klitschko underperformed against Fury, and still that was 40 years old Klitschko. So you are going to talk about old men, this is Fury best win to day, against an old man, who obviously had a bad night, and not let his hands go. Something he actually do against Joshua, and he looked in better shape in there - period.
    As far as the one side beating, don't make me laugh.
    On 2 of the judges scorecards, Fury won 6 to 4 rounds with 2 even rounds.
    Saying this was a beatdown, just show how little you know of boxing.
    Fury barely edges rounds by throwing/landing just a few more punches. It was all arm punches all the way. It was absolutely a case where Klitschko lost the fight, not that Fury won it.

And your precise Fury ducked the rematch TWICE and go into hiding - facts.
    Again i'm asking you what exactly he did after he won the title ? Yeah exactly - nothing.

And again remind me why didn't Fury faced AJ on the saturday? Yeah exactly, cause Fury team ******* up.
    Joshua and Hearn was ready and made everything possible for that fight. Team Fury f***** up.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    guncho likes this.
  7. N17

Feb 16, 2013

Yeah I agree to an extent.

But some of these are the same AJ fans who were peeing all over Usyk a month ago... AJ was too big, too strong.

This is what you get when you take a leak over an opponent, you can't turn around afterwards and try and claim credit after your man gets a brutal schooling.

ShovelHook likes this.
  8. N17

Feb 16, 2013

Now you are making yourself look a moron

Point to where I have said we should give Wilder and Fury credit for doing nothing?

ShovelHook and Wizbit1013 like this.
  9. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Fat ass Ruiz destroyed Joshua and all it took was one punch to take his soul.

I give Wilder an excellent chance at landing at least one punch on Joshua's chinny chin.. I'm sure you do too if you're honest.

ShovelHook likes this.
  10. N17

Feb 16, 2013

You either quote me saying Wilder deserves credit or STFU.

Because you are arguing about something I never said, and you won't be able to quote me saying it.

WHERE DID I SAY FURY AND WILDER DESERVE CREDIT FOR DOING NOTHING?

ShovelHook likes this.
  11. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    1) USyK
    2) Fury
    3) Wilder
    4) Joshua

12. Lord Burghley

Lord Burghley I Squeeze Muscles Full Member

Nov 21, 2019
    Prince Charles called. He wants the OBE back. AJ, meekly surrendered.

13. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Usyk is and always has been a very special talent and fighter and his speed, intelligence, skills, slickness, footwork, agility, athleticism, stamina, toughness and elusiveness will cause all of these giants the same problems not just AJ. AJ is still a very good fighter and still a top 3 HW and he's better equipped to deal with what Usyk brings to the table than virtually all the rest of these giants and he still got outclassed in his backyard on a deck heavily weighted in his favour,

CST80 and lordlosh like this.
  14. lordlosh

Jun 4, 2014
    N17, learn yourself to learn, and the only one that looks like a moron is you.

The fact is the only one that is actually risking in that division and always try to set up the biggest fight is AJ.
    They tried to make Wilder fight, Wilder himself said he ducked him.
    They setup the fight with Fury, and it was all Fury team f******* up. And then what happen to the big mouth Bob Arum ? He go into hiding for weeks, because he know he ****** up.
    Even Fury father comes up and say that his son team f****** up.

But yeah we shouldn't give Joshua props for taking the absolutely best fight possible at the time, against living opponents, but we should give this 2 jokes that all they do is talk big, and waste their prime.

As far as Hearn talking about ducking the belt before Usyk fight, this is what negotiation mean, but you need brain for that to understand it.
    Joshua have shown in the past that he won't duck a belt.
    Unlike what Fury did. :D

But still why this 2 pearls, which again are older than AJ, and in the same time are for longer in the HW than AJ, why this 2 big mouths, did not fight the fighters i mention ?
    You know what answer only you can give me ? Excuses, nothing else, and that's a fact !!!

Joshua could have acted like Wilder, and taking easy voluntaries after easy voluntaries and still make more money than him and Fury combined, but he ain't operating that way.

guncho likes this.
  15. lordlosh

Jun 4, 2014
    Exactly. AJ was insanely prepare, he was light on his feet, and has a lightning fast hands, he got the height and reach advantage and all of that was enough for winning just 3 rounds. :D

guncho and Serge like this.