Lets imagine Hagler retired after Duran fight

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Dave's Top Ten, Feb 3, 2009.

1. MAG1965

MAG1965 VIP Member banned

Dec 1, 2008
    The Roldan that Hagler fought was no better than the one Tommy fought. As a matter of fact, Roldan had much more experience with Tommy, having fought Kinchen on the undercard of Hagler/Leonard. Hearns after Hagler diminished a little. He became a little slower and was on the ropes more and didn't have the same sharp reflexes anymore. Had Hagler not occured, he would have busted up all the guys Marvin did. But after Hagler/Hearns, Tommy became more of a brawler. I do not know why. Also another Hearns problem was that after Hagler he never stayed at one division long enough. He went up and down all the time.

2. MAG1965

MAG1965 VIP Member banned

Dec 1, 2008
    who is the fighter that faced all those guys? That is a hard list. Hearns would have done well to stay at middleweight and get comfortable at the weight if he were to face those guys. But those guys would have been tough for Hagler also. Graham I think Hearns would beat by late knockout. Kalambay he would eek by in a decision. Mugabi he would knockout. John never could take a solid punch. Nunn? That is a tough fight as is McCallum. Pickem on those two fights. I think McCallum would have been easier for Tommy to beat but Nunn would have been tough.

3. The Morlocks

The Morlocks Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 21, 2009