Let's review Vitalis big wins..

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by lefthook31, Sep 13, 2007.

1. El Bombasto

El Bombasto Ask yo momma Full Member

May 23, 2006
    not much more than the fact that holyfield was getting beaten so badly by a former middleweight that his corner had to throw in the towel.

i suppose the fact the evan fields (or did he only use that name to buy steroids?) got completely dominated and embarassed by a fighter (larry donald) who was ko'd by vit klit doesn't mean much either, right?

2. TheGreat

TheGreat Boxing Junkie banned

Jan 12, 2005
    WBOGUS doesn't count as it isn't recognised by HOF, it has always been a stepping stone title which is why journeymen had access to the title so I would say Hide is no 2 time champ in fact he was never HW champ at all for reasons listed above.

3. lefthook31

lefthook31 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jul 6, 2007
    I believe the fighter definest he title, not the other way around. Cotto certainly legitimized the WBO title when he held it and defeneded against some tough fighters. Hide on the other hand was basically beaten by every name fighter he faced, and beat noone of any merit when he did hold the title. His entire name was built around defeating Michael Bent, the journeymen who knocked out Tommy Morrison to take his title. Hide beat Bentt, Bowe destroyed Hide and knocked him down 8 times to the eventual KO.

4. El Bombasto

May 23, 2006
    you're using some pretty circular logic to make your case

5. Boro chris

Boro chris Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Go and have your coco bitchcakes!

VK is a perfectly decent heavy who's reputation is done much harm by sack swingers like you. VK was hardly great as he came within an inch of being ko'd by an old and shot Lewis.

6. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Since Mike Spinks, there has not been a sub 200 pound heavyweight champ that has defended his title. In boxing and sports in gernal size matters as long as it does not limit skills. I do not see any sub 200 pound contenders, and I highly dount a man under 205 will win a championship in the forseeable future.

Vitali is tallest champion in histroy. He is 6'7 1/2, with a listed reach of 80" that I suspect is understated. In shape, Vitaly is 245-250 pounds, which is a fine weight for his height and bui ld. In his era, Vitaly did not beat on small sub 200 pound heavyweights, nor did he choose to pick on older past their prime fighters.

Let's start out by Vitaly the puncher.

VITALI THE PUNCHER: On his way up, the concsusus was that Vitlai hit harder than Wlad! Juding by the fights I have seen early on, this is a true statement. Vitaly started out 27-0 with 27Ko's! Vitaly moved quickly up the ranks. Only one heavyweight champion in history fought less " Bums " . I will define bums in this thread as fighter that were .500 or below when sos and so meet them. Vitaly only fought three three fighters below .500 in his entire career. He blew them, along with a solid colelction of fighters out. Here's a few of the high lights.

Alben Belinski 5-0 prospect, Ko'd in 2. No one beat him faster than Vitaly.

Fransis, a fair jorueyman who beat some name guys was 18-6 when he meet Vitaly. Vitaly Ko'd Fransis in two rounds, and after fighting Tyson said Vitlai hits harder! No one beat Francis faster than Vitaly.

Ryan was 46-3-0 when he meet Vitaly. He wasn't very good, but then again, lots of guys that other champs beat were not that good either. Vitali KO'd him in 5.

Then Vitali Ko'd some other guys like Mario Schiesser *( Euro champ ) 36-3-1, Francesco Spinelli 19-4-0, and Ismael Youla 11-2-0 with shocking ease. Vitali KO'd them faster than any of their combind oppoents. Such is the mark of a puncher.

Hide was up next. Hide for his part was a cotneder with wins over Tucker and Bennt. He was a puncher. It took Riddick Bowe 6 rounds to stop Hide. Bowe later wnet on to say that Hide hit harder than any man he faced. Vitali blew Hide away in two rounds. Impressive show of power. Vitali picked up a world title.

Mahone was up next. Mahone was a tough slugger who had never been stopepd to date. Vitlay made his head do a near 180 degree turn, and knocked him out in three rounds. Again no one stopped Mahone quicker than Vitali did. Notice the pattern yet?

After Mahone Vitali outclassed former contender Sullivan, who might have been robbed of a win vs Rhaman. Vitaly TKO'd Sullivan in nine. He proved his power late. I will get into this point later as it might shock you that some BIG punchers never scored KO's past round 8 ( Lewis, Bowe, Tyson, ect... ) Vitali carries his power well into the later rounds.

* Up next was Byrd. Byrd has a top chin. He was only stopped once. Vitali was preping for someone else. Byrd subbed in on 10 days notice. Vitaly tore his shoulder in round three, but was ahead 88-83, 89-82, and 88-83 on the cards vs a prime Chirs Bryd. Such is an indication of skills. I can only think of one heavyweight fight where a champ or top cotnender beat another champ with a bad injury that required surgery, and that one happend 100 years ago. More on this one later.*

Then Vitlai neeed surgery. He beat a durbale Hoffman and won all 12 rounds. No one has kncoekd Hoffma n out to date.

Then Vitali was matched vs Orlin Norris. Norris was not a bum. He started out as a small heavyweight with key wins over Tucker and McCall. Norris then moved down to cruiser weight and was perhaps the best in division history next to Holyfield. Then he went back up to heavy. Norris was perhaps the smallest heavyweight Vitlai ever faced; keep this in mind if you’re talking about small heavyweight vs Vitali. In a fight that was virtually over after the stare down, Vitaly Ko'd Norris in one round. Norris went the distance with many heavyweights. Such an early blow out is a sign of power.

Up next was a revenge match vs Purtity. Purity is not a top fighter, but he has an all time chin. Many have punched at it. Vitali was stopped Purity late. WOW. Lots of punchers have tried to do this.

Then Vitaly fought Vaughn Bean. Bean is slick, defensive and tough. No man ever Ko'd him except for Vitaly. Bean gave Holyfield and Morrer close fights. Bean won 1 round vs Vitali.

Then Vitali fought Donald. Donald was a tall boxer with excellent mobility and a tough chin. Again, Vitaly is the only man to stop him. Fighters like Bowel, Williams, Valuev, and Johnson could not. As old as Donald is in 2005, he could be champ if given a title fight. Donald won one round vs Vitali.

Then was the Lewis fight* More on this later. Vitlay had Lewis badly shaken up, tired and down on point in a fight that was called off due to a cut. Fighting with a bad cut is not easy. Again, this is an indication of Vitali's skills.

After Lewis Vitaly impressively blew out Kirk Johnson in two! It was a blow out and Johnson's only stoppage loss to date. Impressive again.

After that Vitali wore Sanders down, forcing a TKO stoppage in round 8. Sanders won one round. Sanders chin was not glass. He was only stopped 3 times in 40 fights vs punchers.

In his final fight ( for now ) Vitali easily dismantled Danny Williams. Williams KO'd Tyson faster than Lewis did.

To sum it up, Vitali Ko percentage is 92%!!!!! No heavyweight champ can boast better. In fact very few in histories of other divisons can boast better.. Further more, Vitaly proved his power early (Johnson, Norris, or Hide ) and late ( Williams, Sanders, Donald, Bean, and Purity )

No all punchers carry their power late in the fight, or have the stamina to throw punches as often as Vitaly does. I will list a few names to illustrate my points.

Lewis did not score a stoppage past round 8. Lewis was a big puncher. Tyson did once KO in round ten, but is you could get into round nine he never scored a KO. Bowe is a big puncher. His latest Ko is in round 8 as well.

Conclusion on Vitali’s power. Vitaly had top end power early and late in a fight. This is a mark of greatness. He Ko'd most of his opponents faster than ANY man before him.

VITALI THE BOXER:

What type of boxer was Vitali? Like him or not he dominated everyone on the score cards. After three rounds, he was always in the lead. In fact, in all fights but one, he was always in the lead. Vitaly might have lost the first round to Hide.

On his way up, Vitali easily blitzed his first 26 oppoents with size, skills, and power. A few of these guys were decent journeyman, the type that could uspet other top fighters on any given night.

Let's review:

Since 1999 Hyde fight, Vitali has fought the following fighters:

Hyde: Lost one round, but brutally Ko'd Hyde in round 2.

Mahone: Pitched a shut out vs an undefeated slugger know for his durability in route to a 3rd round TKO.

Sullivan: Won every round vs a name guy who's been in there with a variety of name heavies.

Byrd: Took the fight on 2 weeks notice. Won seven of nine rounds with a torn shoulder. Had to retire due to injury after fig htign 6 rounds with a torn shoulder. Byrd was at his best in 2000. He was an extremely hard fighter to out box. To do as well as Vitaly did vs Byrd with a bad injury that requires surgery is a mark of how good of a boxer Vitaly was.

Hoffman: Won all 12 rounds in his come back vs Hoffman, a big fighter known for durability and clinching. No one has beaten Hoffman so badly.

Norris: Blew out Norris in one. No one has done anything remotely close to Norris. An underrated win.

Purrity. First time in years that Purrity has been Stopped. Vitali was active and did not lose a round in this fight.

Bean: Tko'd Bean in 11. Bean has been in there with good heavies such as Holy and Morrer. Neither man stopped Bean. In fact Bean gave Holyfield and Morrer fits. Vitaly lost one round ( round 9 ) to Bean, and knocked him out.

Donald. Vitali becomes the first man to stop Donald. Vitali lost 1-2 rounds tops.

Lewis: Took the fight on 2 weeks notice. Vitaliy was up 4-2 on all three cards when the fight was stopped on cuts. Vitali did not quit.

Johnson: Vitaly blew Johnson out in two rounds. Johnson went down twice. No one has done anything remotely close to Johnson.

Sanders: Lost the first round, and then won the rest convincingly in route to an 8th round TKO.

D Williams: Won every round, flooring Williams 4 times.

Summary: 7-8 rounds lost to the above men. 95-96 rounds won! ( its even more lopised on the score cards if you factor all of the 10-8 rounds for Vitaly ). I have seen the best champions on tape several times. Even Ali lost more rounds to lesser oppoents. Intersing observation? I think so.

7. teekay00

teekay00 fight Full Member

Aug 20, 2007
    ok, the fight was scored 58-56 by all 3 judges and Lennox won by stoppage. Ya Kiltschkos eye was gone, did you see the cut on Lewis' nose, a few more jabs to that and his nose would have fallen off lol

If Lennox would have beat vitali , nobody would be arguing it. It would be very evident that Lewis won but it is not. thats why there is an argument. the fight was never finished.

8. Gabriel R.

Gabriel R. New Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Mendoza, in some way your post is a pro speech for Vitali, but it also contains facts which need to be said. I agree with your summary.

9. El Bombasto

May 23, 2006
    vitali was/is a great boxer, but he's done nothing to be considered a great champion

10. lefthook31

Jul 6, 2007
    Glad to see you too, dont know too much about the heavyweights. Valueav was the tallest champion by the way.

11. barneyrub

barneyrub Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 2, 2004
    56 58 is just one round difference, and vitali got round 1 which was a round that nothin of significance occured in so in that perspective the scoring doesnt show vitali to have a meaningful lead.
    Lewis`s nose was cut in rd 6 when it collided with vitali`s forehead, watch the tape. Vitali`s eye was more than gone, the surgeon said it was at risk of severing the nerve that controls the blinking, the opening and shutting of it, when he went to sow it up he struggled to find a remaining piece of skin to put his needle in. There was a cut under the eyebrow, a cut on the eyelid and a cut under the eye, as well as the lips being split open and bleeding profusely into his mouth.
    LEWIS DID BEAT VITALI FOR YOUR INFORMATION!

12. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007

Champ to me is not alphabet, its Ring Magazine or lineal. Vitali was the Ring Magazine champ. You should take the facts of my full post for face value. They are the truth. Whether you will accept them or not is all that remains to be seen.

13. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    when holyfield lost to toney does anyone remember how old he was or are you trying to ignore that so vitaly can look good??

oh by the way it was a really good job vitlay done beating the ruthless brutal danny the legend brixton killer/bomber williams

14. TheGrimReaper

TheGrimReaper Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 5, 2007
    anyone who does not think vitali klitschko is\was a great heavyweight is a fool

15. lefthook31

Jul 6, 2007
    i read through some of it, but your blatant overating of garbage fighters made me stop. Think of it this way. All these dynamo fighters that Vitali conquered went onto what or accomplished what in the division? Kirk Johnson is currently a garbage man in Canada. Larry Donald still loses to every name fighter he faces, and guys like Francis, are a bunch of never weres.
    The two fighters he faced with any merit were Byrd and lewis both accomplished champs and he lost to both, regardless of what you think might have happened. Thats part of being an elite fighter, actually fighting through and being equipped to face adversity and win.:good