Lewis David Ritson vs. Jeremias Nicolas Ponce & Thomas Patrick Ward vs. Edy Valencia Mercado RBR.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Jun 12, 2021.

1. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Ritson won't work on his footwork. I agree with Twentyman he just looks likes he's going through the motions and has got stuck just doing the same thing, he's young enough to address the issues but he needs to start using the boxing ability he has.

Twentyman likes this.
  2. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Just watching this one back and I really feel sorry for Ritson

Thrown in way above his ability level, beaten all ends up at every facet of the game, by a potentially world class opponent. There wasnt anything that he was able to do better than Ponce could, and by the 7th he was done.

This really isnt good for boxing. Or for his health. Especially the performance of the referee who looked like he had a massive bet on Ritson.

Out of interest does anyone know if the official scorecards after 9 rounds were ever released. I cant find them.

Everyone scored this fight 90-81 or 89-82 for Ponce through 9, but the rumours are the Ritson was ahead on the cards and the fix was in.

sniffmybadger, Noel857 and Gatekeeper like this.
  3. Skyver

Skyver Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2015
    He's a sound lad but I can't say I feel sorry for him.he was fortunate to even be in a position to fight in an eliminator let's be honest.he took the shot and came up short no shame there.the Vazquez fight was one of the worst robberies and terrible matchmaking in recent memory so it wouldn't surprise me if the fix was in.

4. Skyver

Skyver Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2015
    The thing is aswell ritson probably got a lot of hate on social media after the Vazquez shafting and what would've been said if the scorecards were awful against ponce?...probably a bit of damage limitation from matchroom that's why we haven't seen the cards.

destruction likes this.