Liam Smith vs. Anthony Fowler & Ted Cheeseman vs. Troy Williamson RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Oct 9, 2021.

1. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Fantastic evening seeing Fowler & Courtenay lose

N17 likes this.
  2. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    The pressure told. His jab and basic style was no longer effective after the 3rd round. He was relieved it was over

3. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Good afternoon of boxing so far.

Stiff Jab and CST80 like this.
  4. granth

granth Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Good on Bellew for calling out the Mcguigans on taking this fight as a "business decision". After seeing both Frampton and Taylor fall out with them, I get the impression they are complete schysters who just want to make bank.

N17 and boxfap like this.
  5. Sap1en

Sap1en Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 1, 2020
    If Hearn is smart he would nurture a talent like Fowler who has 5 years in the tank easy. Fowler has bought into the mercenaries who wanted the paychecks and not the man grasping at a future. He needs a proper team like McNally, Pricey, Paul Edwards. People who have lived the life and care for the fighter and are strategists. Shane was outthought, outmatched and he genuinely didn't care about Fowler he just wanted the payday before dropping him. I'm ashamed that Fowler believed in such a disgraceful team like that!

N17 and Oneirokritis like this.
  6. nidaros997

nidaros997 Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2021
    This show was great, with the two last fights as good as you'd wish them to be.

Will be interesting to see which one of his super welters Hearn takes with him to Spain to fight Lejarraga on the Matchroom Spain show in Bilbao in December. Cheeseman and Fowler both lost. Not sure if Smith see any reason to fight for a European title now, and certainly not in Lejarraga's hometown.

Anyway, time to sleep a bit, and then the big one. "Unfortunately" the undercard on the US show is pretty good, so this will be a long night...

7. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Yeah but when does Fowler step up? He's not getting any younger and he can't fight journeymen forever.

N17 and Oneirokritis like this.
  8. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Beefy is clearly past his peak. He took a pounding against Canelo, and the Munguia.

You can see in his fight he learned a lot from Canelo, even that left hook to the body followed by the left hook upstairs is all Canelo.

9. Sap1en

Dec 1, 2020
    Bellew talking total sense here. Smith won that fight in Russia but got some corrupt judging.

N17 likes this.
  10. Tomatron

Tomatron Member Full Member

Jul 26, 2021
    Smith was very good tonight, stalked him, cut the ring down, even when he was loosing exchanges he was winning the mental battle. Good performance tonight, very professional. Fowler wasn’t ready for Smith, and hadn’t shown anything to suggest he was, but he performed better than I had seen him for a while.

Cheeseman and Williamson stole the show though.

N17, Holler and Sap1en like this.
  11. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    I barely rate Munguia at all, but I'd without a moment's hesitation pick him to destroy Fowler in 5, and that's before tonight.

N17 and Greg Price99 like this.
  12. Sap1en

Dec 1, 2020
    Let's be fair, physically Beefy isn't peak anymore but mentally and the team he has now I think it balances out. I'm wondering where this great officiating from Howard Foster was when David Price was fed to the wolves with Chisora violating multiple BBBOC rules in the first 4 rounds. Either he has found his balls or he has finally got enough experience. Fair play to the man it takes 3 in a ring to make a fair fight and Howard Foster had an absolute blinder tonight.

N17 likes this.
  13. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Hearn: The fans, they love me too...

The fans: Boooo

Lmao!

CST80 likes this.
  14. Spongebob south paw pants

Spongebob south paw pants Active Member Full Member

Feb 28, 2020
    Pundits well biased against Fowler but he got sucked into a Liam Smith style fight, should of kept him at his range and thrown the jab out. Smith is like a Jack Russell if you want to have a row inside.

Respect to chesseman beaten but what a heart made a great watch

kojak, N17 and Sap1en like this.
  15. Sap1en

Dec 1, 2020
    It's normal for a promoter to be boo'd to be fair. I think deep down he is liked by Liverpool fans. Still that card was missing a Pricey fight.

N17 likes this.