Liam Smith vs. Anthony Fowler & Ted Cheeseman vs. Troy Williamson RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Oct 9, 2021.

1. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    He definitely has more experience now, but he let Fowler off the hook. Despite getting the KO, he isn't a great finisher, he seems to now lack that killer instinct.

FastSmith7 and Sap1en like this.
  2. Sap1en

Sap1en Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 1, 2020
    Pundits called it as it was. Fowler was 1 man against 4 then. His corner didn't help him at all. Left him to the wolves. When he wakes up tomorrow I hope he reads this and understand he didn't lose that fight because of how he is as a boxer or athletically but because his corner team abandoned him and just wanted the paycheck. He will come again if he get's a proper team.

Oneirokritis, boxfap and N17 like this.
  3. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    ''At the end of the night it was Smith's hand in glove that (I missed the last bit)''

--Maya Jama

I don't think that reference was accidental

Oneirokritis and N17 like this.
  4. Sap1en

Dec 1, 2020
    Will you be serious, Beefy shown a glimpse of mercy to a fellow scouser and you think he has lost that killer instinct.

N17 likes this.
  5. Spongebob south paw pants

Spongebob south paw pants Active Member Full Member

Feb 28, 2020

Bit harsh on his corner not a Smith fan but he did an awesome job of closing the distance and making life hard for Fowler but that's always been his game

Oneirokritis, Holler and N17 like this.
  6. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    I am serious, and I don't think he showed any mercy at all, he nearly decapitated Fowler, I just think he's lost a bit of that killer instinct. Fowler was there for the taking, but Smith was way to calm and was thinking too much, and then when Smith saw that he was going to miss his opportunity he got desperate and then decided to start throwing wild punches.

Its fine, it happens, but at the highest level he needs to cease every opportunity.

Sap1en likes this.
  7. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I can only apologise for vanishing, my son came home, started watching the fight with me and we have just stopped arguing about Fury Vs Wilder.

My son think Fury will batter Wilder, he can't believe I'm picking Wilder again.. he was giving me dogs abuse :lol:

8. FastSmith7

FastSmith7 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2017
    Fowler let him off the hook as well at times. Both boxers are just a level below contention at the moment.

9. Sap1en

Dec 1, 2020
    Fair response and decent post Pal.

N17 and IsaL like this.
  10. FastSmith7

FastSmith7 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2017
    You know what, I'm with you.
    I don't know what it is but something tells me Wilder will win. There isn't much in terms of a logical explanation, just a feeling.

I just feel with the AJ fight delayed, family problems and then AJ losing to Usyk... it's going to be hard for Fury to be truly up for it.

I hope I'm wrong and that Fury batters Wilder.

N17 likes this.
  11. Sap1en

Dec 1, 2020
    Shane sold his man out. Considering the whole fight it was a poor performance from the corner. They didn't care about the fighter or his future. Lost the mental battle in what was a competitive fight.

N17 likes this.
  12. Banana-Rama

Banana-Rama Active Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Smart kid you got there.

Oneirokritis and N17 like this.
  13. HarryTrav

HarryTrav New Member Full Member

Aug 1, 2017
    Can someone explain the bashing off Fowler's corner?

I thought they were just trying to get him to fight his fight?

N17 likes this.
  14. Banana-Rama

Banana-Rama Active Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Fury looked plenty up for it at the press conference and weigh in.

N17 and Oneirokritis like this.
  15. Sap1en

Dec 1, 2020
    Part of me is thinking it was part of a 12 round plan for Beefy. His corner were 100% behind him and poor Fowler was left abandoned from round 1. I hope he wakes up tomorrow and realises he was used for a pay check and abandoned by people who don't care about him.

N17 and Oneirokritis like this.