Liam Smith vs. Anthony Fowler & Ted Cheeseman vs. Troy Williamson RBR.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I thought it was a great fight. I disagree with @Twentyman though. I think Beefy still has a bit left in him. I don’t think he was at 100% he was just cruising.

Praise to Fowler too, I thought he came out and did what he had to do. The work he’s done with McGuigan behind that jab was there to see. Ultimately he just weren’t good enough, there’s no shame in that. There’s some great domestic fights to be made with him still.

Twentyman and Here's Johnny like this.
  2. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    Just to add on Fowler.

Does he need to move up? He seems to make weight ok but for a “Machine” he seems to have a really poor gas tank?

Here's Johnny likes this.
  3. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    It seemed that way when Fitzy who we know doesn’t train half as hard as Fowler was fresher than him
    After a few rounds.

4. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    What a fight. Incredible. Credit to both fighters, both hurt several times. Wilder has unbelievable heart.

Scissors likes this.
  5. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    Wrong thread but could easily swap the names and still be applicable.

A great night of boxing.

Jurgen, aaaaa and Twentyman like this.
  6. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Hahaha, oh mate...been up 22 hours hours. Posting on wrong threads now

Scissors likes this.
  7. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    Would like to see Cheeseman v Fowler next be an absolute war.

KingKO and Jurgen like this.
  8. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Cheeseman doesn’t use his boxing brain at all. That should of and could of been an easy nights work for him. But as usual he likes a slugfest so much he can’t help himself.

He went into a slugfest with the wrong guy last night didn’t he? And even when it was clear he was on the losing end of free exchanges he carries on doing it…

9. Who_Necks

Who_Necks David Price's Big Suit Full Member

Dec 11, 2016
    The big cheese has so many miles on the clock for such a young guy its unreal, I don't know who has the most miles the Egg or the cheese but I personally think cheese would beat Fowler right now.

10. chrisbonnie

chrisbonnie Active Member Full Member

Oct 14, 2009
    I think he's similar in style to Groves, in that he throws too many power punches to move the opposition around as opposed to using his footwork to get out of a corner.

I don't know the stats, but fowler must have thrown at least twice as much as Smith, if not even 3 times more punches. No engine can withstands that to be fair.

11. Oreet Cha!

Oreet Cha! I know what I like and I like what I know. Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Regards the Cheeseman - Williamson fight.

What a finish!!!!

Big Balls to Cheeseman for the punishment taken. Williamson showed his conditioning which came through to the very end. Bravo to both.

Smith - Fowler

I had it 2-2 after 4 and I found Fowler to be boxing quite smartly but then he got caught in 5th and it all changed from that point in.

What I found interesting - and something that Fowler and Shane obviously now need to work on - is that the hook that put him down in the 8th is the exact same shot that Fitzy caught him with. The more elite fighters will exploit and find this gap.

Lastly, dunno if it was because it was a fellow scouser but Fowler was humble in the post fight ring interview, no arrogance, no "kid this, kid that", maybe he has grown up.

I can see Fowler v Cheeseman at some stage next year, I think Cheese would be too relentless for Fowler to handle, a bad style match up.

Williamson has just made an already competitive 154 domestic division even more so now. We, the fans, win.

Mugen38 likes this.
  12. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Wiiamsonson vs Cheeseman - what a fight! Fight of the night and fight of the year contender.

Fowler vs Smith very ood also - Fowler started very well and had me doubting my prediction of Smith win for moment.

13. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Just watched the Smith - Fowler fight.
    Good fight but my word..Smith's team.. What a shower of helmets.

Oreet Cha! and Jurgen like this.
  14. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Williamson v Cheeseman was absolutely sensational - more of this please Eh Day and you may have me thinking about a sub.

Oreet Cha! and Scissors like this.