Liam "The Machine" Williams - a real people's champ!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Mar 19, 2019.

"Target acquired. The Machine versus..."

Poll closed May 8, 2019.
  1. Kamil Szeremata

20.0%
  2. Sergio García "El Niño" Gómez

20.0%
  3. Roberto "La Amenaza" García

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Hassan N'Dam "El Fenomeno" N'Jikam

60.0%
  1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    305th, Serge, pistal47 and 2 others like this.
  2. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Since I'm a fanboy of Sergio Garcia, cross him off the list, I don't like seeing two guys I like go at it, Roberto Garcia has nothing for him, he was almost shut out by Martin Murray recently. N'Dam is coming off of schooling Murray, let him retire on a win, or at the very least, get in a few more low level scalps and retire. Since I have no love, or hate towards Kamil, I'm ambivalent, tag you're it.

IntentionalButt likes this.
  3. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Going for Szeremeta too, but for a completely different reason. I want to see how good this guy really is, as he should be able to beat Liam if his alphabet org rankings are legit.

4. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    That's a random tag. :thinking:

1. Szeremeta
    2. Garcia S
    3. N'dam
    4. Garcia R

Szeremeta just because instead of GGG I'd much rather have Williams take care of that work but I guess they also need to find some brit to avenge Cheeseman sooner or later.

5. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    It would actually be a big statement for Williams to stop any of the four, IMO...and he just might be able to.

Szeremata is undefeated and ranked, as is El Niño. I'm not sure either would have the power to get Williams' respect and keep from getting steamrolled.

Amenaza is a notoriously hard nut to crack...not much finesse to him and he's slower than molasses but he does pack a punch and have a good chin, and even Antonio Margarito chose to get up on his toes and box like a cutie-pie against him. It might be that his chin is fissured after so many wars, though, and Liam would be the one to bust it apart if so.

HNN is widely renowned for his miraculous recuperative powers and heart. Could the Brit keep him down? Be interesting to see..

pistal47 and 305th like this.
  6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    I tagged everybody (that is everyone but @Serge and @CST80 , whom I already knew to be Liam's #1 and #2 fan boys respectively :sisi1) on the basis of who made appreciative remarks about Williams in the RBR thread after Mullender got KTFO. :thumbsup:

7. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    I actually think Sergio beats him, he's slick as hell, and I'm as high on him as I am on Liam. Have you seen any of his fights? I think you'd really like Sergio, he's like a orthodox featerfisted Joe Calzaghe/Sergio Martinez hybrid, he's brilliant to watch, I've rated him since back in 2014 when I did my thread on him. He's schooled Real, Beaussire and now Cheeseman in a row, the beating he put on Cheeseman was frightful. I highly recommended you jumping on his bandwagon,and Maravilla would too, since Sexy Sergio is one of his biggest supporters..

Ducklerr and Somachenko like this.
  8. Octolony shore

Octolony shore Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2016
    I noticed Liam Smith isn't on the list, Williams is a bully in my opinion.

9. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Wiiliams is not my definiton of a peoples champ LOL. He's not a very nice person tbh. Seen him many a times disrepecting fans which is a bit odd.

Apart from Roberto I would like this bloke to fight any..

Sergio would be my pick. I'd fancy to do a number on him and break his will.
    Sergio is as fit as they come but not the biggest puncher. He'd break him down brick by brick.

10. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Yeah he's clearly terrified of the guy, that is probably why he fought him twice.

11. pistal47

pistal47 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    El Fenomeno -- that's the real test here, hes the lie detector out of the bunch, the guy that will tell us if Williams is for real or not. And I really, REALLY hope he is for real.

Decorated AM, long amd proven pro career, DL couldnt keep him down for good, has faced plenty of world class fighters and beat some and lost to others. Tough as hell, athletic, has some skill, is tough as nails, and comes to win.

12. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    I'd absolutely love that fight.

pistal47 likes this.
  13. pistal47

pistal47 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    It would be highly entertaining. Id either love it(if Williams won) or dislike it slightly(if Williams lost) but I would be happy for Hassan.

14. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Why not Hurd, Munguia, the winner of Harrison vs Jermello II? Or seeing as Williams is a two-weight champ now and is open to fight at either 154 and 160, how's about the winner of Clenelo vs Jacobs, the winner of Boo Boo vs Sulecki, or the winner of Jermallo vs Korobov II (oh my bad, I forget that Jermallo is running scared of the rematch). Williams 2.0 beats all of the aforementioned and that's a fact btw.

NasalSpray and CST80 like this.
  15. MorvidusStyle

MorvidusStyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2017
    He eventually needs to fight Liam Smith again as he should have at least one win there. Williams would make it easier to root for him if he hadn't gone and tattooed an image of Cotto on his flesh. Until he removes that the 'Welsh Commando' fans should shun him.