Liam Walsh?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Papillon, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Papillon

Papillon Active Member Full Member

Dec 26, 2017
    Anyone know what is going on regarding Liam Walsh and his career?

Nearly a year since he lost to Davis.

2. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Think the main problem is Frank Warren is in charge of it. Unless its from his own doing, it is ridiculous that he hasn't even come back in an 8 rounder at least

Scissors, Sphillips and Papillon like this.
  3. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Don't think he's with Frank anymore. Said last week he just wants someone to put him on their shows and he won't be difficult to deal with and won't cost alot. Said he will fight anyone in super featherweight or lightweight division and would love to fight Stephen Smith.

Papillon likes this.
  4. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Warren done a typical blow smoke up Liams arse while he was topping his show and then dumped him like a sack of shite. If your face don’t fit........ Liam is a great fighter and much better than some fighters Warren has stuck with and got them 2nd and 3rd chances so just shows it’s all about if ur face fits with Frog Eyes! Good luck to Liam and hope someone gets him soon.

Papillon and moog like this.
  5. @Maley

@Maley Active Member Full Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Free agent now. Says he happy to fight any one from super feather to lightweight. Also doesn't want any tune ups just big fights.

6. Papillon

Papillon Active Member Full Member

Dec 26, 2017
    Thats good news.

I like Liam, he's a talented fighter and it'd be a waste to see him be remembered for just the Davis blowout.

7. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Apparantly frank got him a comeback fight against evans but evans wanted a good payday as he saw it as a potential L on his record. Liam wouldnt sacrifice some of his purse towards the extra that evans wanted so frank let him go. Then obviously if liam gos ryan will follow, which is what he did.
    Apparantly also Michael can be hard to deal with, so whether or not he was advising liam and digging his heels in, i dont know.
    Its a shame cos liam and ryan are both good fighters.

8. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Mick or Cyclone should sign both Walsh brothers put them on channel 5 as headline acts in East Anglia. There the right quality to headline such shows and would fit in with such budgets.

im sparticus likes this.
  9. Daviddee1983

Daviddee1983 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Great fighter and they can sell loads of tickets.. Problem is it’s who needs him kind of fighter.. Would be a good fight with Martin J Ward for the EBU title.. I think Eddie will be lining up a easier fight.. I thought Ryan beat Isaac the other week so he will be tied to that rematch after that win he can get on the mix for bigger honours. I would love to see Walsh v Smith wanted to see that fight for years. Also either of them in with Ronnie Clark would be good..I agree Michael is a problem boy is a character

im sparticus and @Maley like this.