Limond May Have to Retire

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by The Exile, Jul 17, 2007.

1. The Exile

The Exile FUBAR Full Member

Aug 17, 2004
    According to today's Daily Record Willie Limond may have to look at the possibility of retirement after his fight with Khan.

Apparently its the 3rd time he has perforated his ear drum and will have to look into an operation to sort the problem but if that fails he may have to call it a day.

I really hope this isnt the case and he manage's to get healed up correctly, he did himself and his country proud after his courageous display on Saturday and i hope he can get back on track soon as he is a very good pro who still has a decent future ahead of him in the ring.

2. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Apparently it was a career high pay day so hopefully it was enough to look after him.

3. DamonD

DamonD Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 19, 2004
    That would be very sad. This fight has been a shot in the arm for his profile.

4. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Southside Slugger Full Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Yup, hopefully he can come back and make the most of his new found fame, get a few more decent paydays.

5. David UK

David UK Boxing Addict banned

Feb 6, 2007
    I hope he doesn't have to retire. He can definately win titles in the future

6. Mook

Mook Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2005
    That would be gutting. He has a big chance to make waves at euro level.

7. stake501

stake501 Active Member Full Member

Apr 7, 2007
    good luck with the joinery willie if your ear doesn't get better

8. The Hitman

The Hitman Member Full Member

Dec 17, 2005
    Real shame. He came to win and was as brave as they come against Khan. He made a fan out of me with his gutsy display on Saturday, I really hope he is able to heal up and fight on.