List the 5 hardest fights for Fury

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Komaster, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Komaster

Komaster Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Sep 20, 2010
    1. Usyk
    2. Wilder
    3. Hunter
    4. Callum Smith
    5. Joshua

Pat M likes this.
  2. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    AJ`s too big and powerful for Smith and Hunter.

3. Komaster

Sep 20, 2010
    I think Callum Smith is a harder fight for Fury than Joshua at this stage. I think Callum could win 2 or three rnds vs Fury where Joshua maybe one or two and is far too clunky to land big on Fury IMO. Wilder might win a round but his outlandish power and right hand speed bumps him up. Hunter could win 3 - 4 rounds. Usyk possibly 5 - 6 rnds.

4. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Usyk would toy with Hunter and Smith and Wilder would blow thwem away, Smith is far too small for heavyweight and I`m not talking about height, he is not big boned like M.Tyson was he`ll get blown away.

lefthandlead, surreal deal and Aydamn like this.
  5. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Four years and fabio will show fury how to move around the ring carrying good power
    Moves as good as fury now
    Just not got the fighting family experience

Aydamn likes this.
  6. Komaster

Sep 20, 2010
    It's the five hardest five fights for Fury. Not a head to head thing. Wilder probably knocks the list out save Usyk. I think Fury has more trouble with Usyk than Wilder right now and more trouble with Hunter, Callum Smith than Joshua. I don't know if Joshua wins a round vs Fury and to be honest has little puncher's chance IMO. AJ too sluggish for me.

7. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    1. McDonalds
    2. Pizzahut
    3. Kentucky Fried Chicken
    4. Papa Johns
    5. Burger King

8. TheRevAshton

TheRevAshton Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Here's a currently unpopular opinion: AJ TKO's Fury - if Wilder can land that single shot on Fury over 12 why would anyone doubt AJ landing a big shot from within a combo? Styles make fights yada yada yada...

Cracks me up, i'm seeing "ATG" talk about Fury on here which has only appeared since he beat... Schwarz. Fury is great, don't get me wrong - but I honestly think Dave Allen could have iced Schwarz just as impressively lol!

I back AJ to come back and dominate :thumbup:

9. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Usyk and Wilder are currently his biggest threats, Usyk due to his crazy skills and athleticism, Wilder due to his power and awkwardness.

Joshua is still a threat as well, if he's back to his best. I feel like he presents less of an extreme than either of the above two though, so Fury has more of a chance of controlling him.

10. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    AJ's big shot isn't going to do the damage that Wilder's big shot does. Plus Wilder is a bit...all over the place. He's hard to read and more unpredictable. AJ is much more textbook but that makes him easier to predict for a guy like Fury. You might land 1 or 2 on Fury but that's the most you're likely to get. Difference being is that Wilder's 1 shot is a serious, serious game changer. AJ has pop for sure but it isn't the same IMO

The Fury hype existed before Schwarz dude, let's not pretend otherwise.

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.
  11. TheRevAshton

TheRevAshton Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2018
    I don't think AJ is far from Wilder in terms of power - though Wilder probably edges it, sure.. However, Wilder isn't the only person powerful enough to heavily drop Fury, most heavies could in reality (if they catch him that is!) - if AJ dropped Fury like Wilder did, he'd for sure finish him off IMO - and I think AJ would land at some point due to his combination punching... Ftr, I can't see Wilder landing one of those right hands on Fury again - he'll be facing a different, way sharper TF in the rematch.

Yeah the hype existed and deservedly so, but it seems to have reached a new level following a win over a journeyman.. I'm a big Fury fan too btw, he's from my local area :)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  12. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    :applaudit:

lefthandlead likes this.
  13. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    I think white powder and booze need to be on that list.

14. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    I do see a fair difference personally. Aj can bang no doubt but Wilder's power is filthy. When Fury's been dropped before it's (from memory) because he walked directly onto a shot like an idiot. WIlder's ones just clean floored the guy, which I don't see AJ doing. AJ has generally been a good finisher but as Ruiz showed (and Whyte did before), he can get countered because he leaves gaps. What Fury does have is ridiculous recovery, so I just can't see AJ getting him hurt enough and then being able to finish the job. Just don't think he has it in the locker.

Hype will go up a bit because he's just fought, happens all the time.

Hey, maybe we'll even see these two fight in 2027

DoubleJab666 likes this.
  15. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Krystal kebabs is number 1