Live Boxthing Tonight BT Sport 7pm

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Jurgen, Jul 10, 2020.

1. sniffmybadger

sniffmybadger Relationships are not my forte Full Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Didn't even know it was on, just logged on to watch the last two rounds, how's this one going?

2. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Richie has it tighter than a nun's Jack & Danny but I have Foster 3 up.

Skyver, Holler and sjp17 like this.
  3. sjp17

sjp17 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Some chances to push n shoot but neither seem to have the energy

4. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Cracking fight

sjp17 likes this.
  5. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I think I only gave Beech 2 rounds. He was competitive throughout but I just thought Foster outworked him, showed more speed and variety, punched in bunches and was hurtful with it. Was really impressed with the ease and effectiveness in how he switched stances. He’s an exciting fighter.

6. Holler

Mar 12, 2018
    I agree. There were plenty of rounds where Beech did some good work and he was in the contest throughout. I didn't think he fought the cleverest fight though, he kept planting his feet and taking Foster on inside which was a battle he rarely looked like winning. Brave and gutsy guy though and a really good contest.

LoadedGlove and Twentyman like this.
  7. davidjay

davidjay Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 23, 2009
    I made it 116-112. Foster was always going to pull away at some point but fair play to Beech, he kept digging in and coming back. Getting down to 122 obviously affected him; I'd like to see a re-match at some point if Foster goes up to 126.

The main thing, though, was it was good to see boxing back on TV and the coverage was much better than football.

Holler and Twentyman like this.
  8. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I thought the same in regards to planting his feet. I wonder if he believed he could catch Foster coming in as he switched stances but just had no real success with it? He looks a good kid and I’m sure he can improve a lot from that defeat. I was listening to the Costello and Bunce podcast on Monday and apparently Foster still does 3 shifts a week at Tesco. So there’s potentially plenty of improvement in him when he goes full time.

Pompey Junglist and Holler like this.
  9. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
  10. Shakermaker

Shakermaker Active Member Full Member

Mar 19, 2019
    Agreed I quite enjoyed it given the circumstances.. obviously a pretty rubbish card but think BT/Frank did a decent enough job in fairness to them. Good to have some boxing back

11. iestyn999

iestyn999 Member Full Member

Nov 15, 2015
    yeh was quite a poor card, The prospects looked impressive, the opponents apart from the main didn't look good. saying that this is the first card in the uk, so its better to have a weaker card to test everything is right

12. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Missed it because the fam came round... It's on bt sport now for anyone who's missed it.

13. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Mick’s card in August comes from a facility in Redditch and not the BT Studios interestingly.

Kudos to Frank for getting the card on- it seems to have been a success at least logistically.

Holler likes this.
  14. Holler

Mar 12, 2018
    Robert smith from BBBoC paid tribute to Frank, Eddie and Mick at the end, he said everyone is likely going to lose money but they all believe in getting boxing back up and running.

Jurgen and pow like this.
  15. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Only 5k watched this card last night with a 20k peak. Truly awful numbers for BT.