LIVE THREAD: Denzel Bentley vs Marcus Morrison + Full undercard (BT SPORT)

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Chalky, Sep 16, 2022.

1. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Good card last night, really enjoyed it. Proper boxing.

Holler, joe91, Astro and 3 others like this.
  2. davidjay

davidjay Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 23, 2009
    It would be a cracker but I can't see Bentley making a tough defence when he's one win away from keeping the belt outright. Someone like Dignum or perhaps Tyler Denny are more likely.

3. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Morrison was getting carved up like a Christmas turkey. If it carried on much longer without being stopped, he was about to get well and truly splattered..perhaps thats what you wanted though

Noel857, james5000 and DramaShow like this.
  4. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Morrison had nothing left and looked like he had given up lol

Morrison did hurt Bentley a couple of times early but he just doesnt have the workrate and is too easy to hit.

Would like to see Bentley vs Cash 2. Cash looked poor in his last fight and is inactive.
    Bentley looks improved and has been active.

Cash is a huge middleweight, maybe he is getting too big for the weight with the inactivity?

Bentley doesn't look too small but was tiny next to Cash.

5. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Yeah, Bentley was outmuscled by Cash, but as you said Felix is very big at the weight.
    Denzel seems to have improved his strength and conditioning since then, as he was more than able to match Udofia and Morrison in that departmemt, who are both bigger units.

I don’t think he needs to bother looking at Cash anytime soon, as Felix hasn’t kicked on, and arguably Bentley maybe in a better position.

As Bunce suggested, Warren should consider Bentley v Liam Williams maybe after more defence at slightly lower level. That would be a very TV friendly fight which could push Denzel into a big name if he wins, especially by stoppage. As we have seen Liam’s chin/resistance is on the wane, and I could see him getting taken out, so it’s worth the risk IMO. However it is probably 50/50 as Bentley leaves him chin up in the air when he throws those savage combos, so he can easily get done himself. Sign me up

Holler likes this.
  6. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    As others have said, this was a great night's boxing. The first fight was ridiculous, but aside from that it had it all. A favoured prospect beaten by a journeyman was one highlight, an epic battle with a plucky display from Spelman another.

Very good middleweight scrap whilst it lasted to finish tne night off. No problem with that stoppage and to be honest after Chas Coakley's shocker earlier on I don't think anyone wanted to see someone else getting oxygen and getting carried out of the ring.

I would sooner see a night like this with at least some competitive action amongst the building fights, than mismatches at a higher level. Well done BT Sport and Queensberry for this night, more of the same please!

TBC-ASAP, aaaaa and Noel857 like this.
  7. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    I’d like to see Bentley v Kieron Conway but to be fair Hearn has given Conway some great opportunities so doubt Conway will leave Matchroom.

8. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Was a really entertaining evening. The Zorro fight was brilliant

9. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    I like his commentary, was a big fan when he was on Sky also. He doesn't say too much, he's positive without being sycophantic and he's clearly put the time in to know the fighters and their history. He's a good partner for Richie Woodhall who I also like.

BT Sports have done a decent job. Dempsey's hair is apparently calling the shots there these days and long my this continue.