LIVE THREAD: Dubois vs Snjiders, plus undercard. (BT sport 1)

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Chalky, Aug 29, 2020.

1. moog

moog Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Who said Run at him ? Dubios to my knowledge has never been on backfoot, can he fight on back foot ? Joyce has amateur pedigree, height, reach and weight advantage and has a high work rate. If he goes forward, works of his jab, mixing power up, throwing twos and three's he would get Dubios moving backwards, throwing back with less power and less balance. Mentally, always a question for a big puncher to answer when going backwards under pressure for the first time, can they keep confidemce, adjust and find a way ?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  2. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    depends on BTs share. Sky i believe take 50% of ppv pie. Would imagine BT similar

3. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Reflect it on the fighters and BT. All take less. For BT and Frank its a no brainer. Take less money or put more money in to Dubois now and when Dubois becomes a big superstar you’re repaid 100 times over.

moog likes this.
  4. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    I agree if Dubios wins. Either way neither fighter deserves millions for the fight anyway.

Scissors likes this.
  5. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    How much are they losing out on on ticket sales really? Let’s say average ticket price at the O2 is £75, if it sells out then that it’s £1.5m. It’s a lot of money but in the meantime it’s holding up one of Joyce and Dubois, or even both of them. There is still money to be made for everyone. They’re missing a trick imo. I can’t see sports events at that scale being back soon and if they are, they won’t last long...

Even the loser can rebuild, and have some big fights in the meantime, e.g. Chisora once he loses to Usyk.

Inglis_1 and Scissors like this.