Liverpool Card - Saturday 11th March

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by ElPantera, Mar 8, 2023.

1. ElPantera

ElPantera Member Full Member

Mar 27, 2021
    Obviously once Callum Smith pulled out and this card lost it's main event it was never going to be big but it seems to be going on pretty much unnoticed.

I assume the show wasn't pulled because Johnny Fisher will have sold a good few so there'll still be a decent enough number.

Eddie's last post on Instagram was advertising the fight night with Johnny Fisher and it got 3 comments and one of them was Johnny himself plus someone commenting Bosh.

The Cordina card is good though so at least that's one to look forward to!

Breazer5678 and Beale like this.
  2. Beale

Beale Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2023
    The new pricing structure and termination notice period will almost certainly result in an adverse reaction from Joe Public.

Absolutely rotten value from 1 Jan to 31 Mar this year and it really needs 12 months of April cards plus no Box Office to attract me to sign up for 12 months.

Will also give April a miss as well as £19.99 is far too high when subscribing for 1 month.

If it was £7.99 per month for April with the previous no nonsense cancellation terms without notice, then I would have subbed for that month.

ElPantera and Astro like this.
  3. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Matchroom and Hearn have been unlucky. It was a fantastic card with Paro Davies Jr and Ellison Whittaker-Hart II both being pulled off the bill.

Looking forward to the NxtGen show next week. It’s actually a really good card for a NxtGen. Compare it to BT’s equivalent Development Series. The card is a lot better.

To be fair, all the UK cards this month on DAZN, BT and Sky aren’t great. BT’s only card is Heaney Flatley II - a needless rematch. Looking forward to seeing Okolie return to the ring though after a year out and defend his World Title on Sky.

4. Astro

Astro Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    I agree. January and February have been really bad on DAZN UK and March isn't looking very exciting either.

The only exception was Matchroom's UK Event on the 18th of February. Wood vs Lara was a really good fight !

Beale likes this.
  5. Beale

Feb 13, 2023
    One good fight in 3 months is not good but it can only get better for the rest of the year.

Astro likes this.
  6. Astro

Sep 29, 2021
    It is far too little, especially in light of the recent price increase. I have a strange feeling DAZN UK will announce a bunch of events that will slowly fall apart...Hope I'm wrong :)

rezzer and Beale like this.
  7. Beale

Feb 13, 2023
    Will give it a miss until there is either a serious reduction in price to reflect the quality of UK cards or a huge improvement in the 12 months.

Not interested in any of this KSI garbage either so focusing on enjoying the Yoka v Takam card this weekend on Sky Sports.

8. Astro

Sep 29, 2021
    I agree. There will not be many viewers for Matchroom's event. The majority choose to watch Sky Sports on Saturday.

9. Koli55

Koli55 Active Member Full Member

Mar 19, 2021
    Props for Matchroom for still doing this event despite losing the main and co-main event. It's not a good card obviously after the cancellations.

DramaShow likes this.
  10. rezzer

rezzer Active Member Full Member

Feb 11, 2009
    All their shows fall apart. There was a time when Hearn used to boast that Warren’s shows fell apart while his didn’t cause every Matchroom fighter had a 3/4 fight schedule preplanned. This is clearly no longer the case as he has regular pull outs and I imagine that many don’t even have their next fight preplanned. I don’t completely blame Hearn, fighters have been paid too much and have little interest in fighting, but he sort of started it with the Matchroom USA hoohaa and look where that go him, basically 4 shows a year in America. I’m a subscriber, he still puts on ( in general ) the best shows but the pickings are slim and hardly represent value for money.

Holler and Astro like this.
  11. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Hahaha is it £20 a month now!? There was far better stuff on it when it was £1.99.

Beale likes this.
  12. Beale

Feb 13, 2023
    Unless you sign up for 12 months, the price is £19.99 per month and you need to cancel on virtually the same day as subscribing to meet the termination term and avoid another £19.99.

Here's Johnny and DramaShow like this.
  13. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Also £9.99 if you pay for 12 months and want to pay monthly, or a straight up £99.99 for the whole year in one payment. £19.99 is worth it for only April and May in my opinion since the new prices were released in February.

Astro and Beale like this.
  14. Plaistow

Plaistow Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2019
    Incorrect.

15. Beale

Feb 13, 2023
    Do you have the figures?

Would be very surprised if the Sky Card had less viewers last night.

Astro likes this.