Livingstone Bramble, 24-1-1, big time and then....

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by AntonioMartin1, Apr 1, 2024.

1. AntonioMartin1

AntonioMartin1 Jeanette Full Member

Jan 23, 2022
    Boom! The ship went down!

What do you all think happened to him? Specially after Chapo?

Richard M Murrieta likes this.
  2. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 Loyal Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Chapo busted the coconut.

jabber74 and surfinghb like this.
  3. quintonjacksonfan

quintonjacksonfan Active Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    I loved Rasi-aluji Bramble fights with Ray Mancini. He was never the same after the Rosiaro fights

Reinhardt likes this.
  4. scartissue

scartissue Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 2, 2006
    It happens. When the immovable object gets blasted by the irresistible force there can be a cerebral effect that takes place where suddenly, a fighter can't take a shot anymore. It also happened to Sean O'Grady against Andy Ganigan, John Tate against Weaver, Pipino Cuevas against Hearns, etc.

5. AntonioMartin1

Jan 23, 2022
    Right but I mean more like what happened to his career?

6. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    While I agree in general the irresistible force that ruined John Tate was cocaine and a terrible manager.

Richard M Murrieta and Flash24 like this.
  7. he grant

he grant Historian/Film Maker

Jul 15, 2008
    Bramble was riding high after the Mancini fights and beating Tyrone Crawley .. he twice beat up a very tough and good if not great Mancini in front of huge audiences and in addition was a colorful character .. he was thought to be a monster, impervious to pain and looked it taking Mancini's best shots without budging ... then Rosario , an underdog going in based on the Ramirez fights and despite the Camacho showing rocked his world , decimated him and he was never the same ...

Fireman Fred likes this.
  8. salsanchezfan

salsanchezfan Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Scartissue is correct about the seemingly unbreakable chin being finally broken, and I would only add that there is a mental thing probably happening there too. He now KNEW that he could be hurt.

He also went up in weight later, and didn't have the kind of power that resonates to compensate for being the smaller man moving up.

scartissue and Fireman Fred like this.
  9. Dynamicpuncher

Dynamicpuncher Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 14, 2022
    Crawley was a talented boxer but had no power, Mancini was a come forward brawler with decent power but was not a puncher.

Bramble was able to match up well against them due to his physical strength and defence.

Rosario was on the other hand was pure puncher and cracked Brambles chin and confidence in which he never recovered from.

Although Bramble did have a good performance after vs Oba Carr which he should've won.

10. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    I have a friend who was a journeyman heavyweight who once told me, in discussing his career, ‘All I can say is it’s different after you’ve been knocked out … because you KNOW you can be knocked out.”

11. AntonioMartin1

Jan 23, 2022
    Its like being super popular and then being turned down by a romantic love. This is something both men and woman can tell you. It shakes your confidence.

12. Ken Ashcroft

Ken Ashcroft Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Didn’t he do a Ring Magazine ‘Best I’ve faced’ interview a few years back where he seemed to be in complete denial about what happened in the Rosario fight? He insisted that Rosario thumbed him in the eye and he only dropped to the canvas and stayed down because he couldn’t see out of the eye. He seemed to gave Rosario no credit at all like it was his only way of coping with the loss even after more than 30+ years later.

13. AntonioMartin1

Jan 23, 2022
    Yes i heard that! Its like the boxers who dont admit that a first-round ko loss was your most difficult opponent! LOL

14. mr. magoo

mr. magoo Loyal Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Honestly I just don’t think Bramble was ever really that good. He was entertaining to watch because he had a good punch and liked to mix it up. But his wins over Mancini were largely due to the fact that he was facing a man whose head just wasn’t in the game anymore. I think killing a guy in the ring does a lot to mess with a person’s psyche and I don’t think Ray ever forgave himself for that.

jabber74, surfinghb and Jel like this.
  15. Cobra33

Cobra33 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 2, 2006
    I have actually seen Bramble spar in person and let me tell you he is very strong physically and he had a cement chin.
    I do think he was stronger at lightweight and moving up didn't do him any favors.
    I was told he was a pain to work with in trying to make a bout and often would price himself out of many fights.
    I also got the impression he didn't train the way he should.
    When he fought Tony Martin he was signed to fight JC Chavez latter that year if he won vs Martin.
    He was winning the fight and around the 4/5 round injured his left shoulder and couldn't really throw his left. He ended up dropping a decision and lost out on the Chavez fight.

jabber74 likes this.