Lloyd Honeyghan vs. Ricardo Mayorga

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by warchild, Jun 19, 2007.

1. warchild

warchild Member Full Member

Mar 28, 2005
    I was trying to think of the most violent and ego charged matchup possible, and this is what I came up with.

Both fighters at their best at 147 lbs., who takes it?

I say that Honeyghan, enraged from all the pre-fight taunting, charges out in the first round and traps Mayorga in his own corner, then beats him to the canvas. Mayorga recovers from a 10-7 first round and a 10-8 second round, and bleeding and nearly out on his feet, stops an exhausted Honeyghan in the 4th round.

2. Raggamuffin

Raggamuffin You dipstick Full Member

Jun 11, 2007
    I loved Honeygan and i think he could pull it off
    Not only on intensity but more with his ring intelligence

3. AREA 53

AREA 53 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 10, 2006
    When Lloyd put his mind to it he could Box very well, between unleashing the Aggression, If Lloyd used his head, and didnt let his heart over-rule, he could probably make it a easy night of it strictly playing matador to Mayorga Bull, But knowing Lloyd he would like to Get "involved" from the get-go. but Lloyd has the versatility to come out a winner.

4. Boro chris

Boro chris Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Honeyghan is far superior fighter to Mayorga but he'd hate him so much he'd fight about as intelligently as he did against Starling.
    If he's smart a clear UD is likely, if not then anythings possible.

5. ThinBlack

ThinBlack Boxing Addict banned

Sep 18, 2007
    Lloyd Honeyghan would weather the storm for four rounds, then comeback to take out Ricardo Mayorga in the 12th.Slighty better arsenal for Lloyd than Ricardo.

6. SenorRamirez

SenorRamirez Active Member Full Member

Jul 14, 2011