Loma Beats a 130lb Prime Floyd

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by boranbkk, Mar 12, 2018.

1. DonnyMo

DonnyMo Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Young Floyd was becoming an American boxing legend.

However, he was mad awkward when boxing a southpaw. He didn't look comfortable with a southpaw until well into his 30's.

Loma was all wrong for him.

2. Bustajay

Bustajay Feel the Steel/Balls Deep Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Floyd by UD

Pimp C and eltirado like this.
  3. BigBone

BigBone Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Trump era really made ppl. dumb. The single fighter who took Loma's comfy pace and space away beat him, and that's 12-loss over-the-hill Salido who was butchered by Mikey. Floyd is 4 levels above in inside skills, he'd completely expose Loma on the inside, and at those lower weight he could bang too. There's little evidence that Loma improved on the inside since he never was in an inside fight since Salido, or in his previous 1 billion amateur fights ppl. always bring up.

Floyd by wide UD.

Pimp C likes this.
  4. DonnyMo

DonnyMo Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 21, 2011
    all good points - but please dont forget that Floyd is a Trump man and a patriot who believes in Making America Great Again.

Rock0052 likes this.
  5. slender4

slender4 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Regardless of what happened in the ring, one guy said "OK, people think you won, let's do it again!" And gave the guy a chance to prove the judges wrong.

The other did not say; "No way! you didn't beat me! Let's do it again in three months!" or even, "OK, I beat Russell, now come take my belt and you can have 2! Let's unify!"

That pretty much says it all.

Pimp C likes this.
  6. BlizzyBlizz

BlizzyBlizz VIP Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2013
    Loma would get the **** beat out of him.

Pimp C likes this.
  7. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    While Floyd was fighting 12-47-4 Reggie Sanders on his second fight Loma took on 44-14-4 Salido. Salido would have beaten the snot out of 2nd fight Floyd.

Rock0052 and boranbkk like this.
  8. Skins

Skins Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 20, 2011

9. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Except pbf didnt lose he beat jlc 2x and jlc is light years better than salido who beat loma and who was never a top 10 p4p fighter like jlc was let alone even considered the best fighter in his weight class like jlc was.

10. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Griffin "beat." Roy Jones as well. Had Salido come in massively overweight, fouled all night and then won a questionable decision over a fighter you were emotionally invested in some way you'd be up in arms. This fight has no bearing on a hypothetical Lomachenko/Mayweather fantasy fight.... Well, unless Floyd comes in massively overweight and has other questionable a-side privileges going his way as he did for much of the latter half of his career.

boranbkk likes this.
  11. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Ridiculous post. Have to chime in.

RJJ getting DQ against Griffin has nothing to do with Salido showing Loamchenko the difference between the Pros and the Amateurs. Nothing to do with each other.

The decision was not questionable, maybe you can make some kind of argument the ref should have intervened more, but I don't like that either, I rather see less ref and more fighter figuring out his opponent.

Of course the fight has no bearing, that dude Birmingham brought it up, just like Griffin/RJJ doesn't have any bearing either.

Mayweather would have almost every single advantage over Lomachenko at SFW, the only obvious advantage Loma would have would be maturity as he is older than Mayweather was at that weight.

Tettsuo and Pimp C like this.
  12. BigBone

BigBone Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 20, 2007
    And how old was Floyd in his 2nd pro fight?

Oh.

19 yo Floyd beats 19 yo amatuer Lomachenko. 24 yo Floyd (Corrales) beats 24 yo Lomachenko (pre-Salido amateur). 26 yo LW Floyd (Castillo) most certainly beats 26 yo Lomachenko (lost to 12-loss Salido). And 30-31 yo WW Floyd (Oscar, Hatton) absolutely beats current SFW Lomachenko who's fighting blown up bantamweights.

What do you think happens in a SFW Lomachenko vs. WW Oscar fight? The legendary Golden Boy doesn't impose his skills, speed and true power onto your hero? The Hatton the pressurized the sh/t out of power hitter LWW Tszyu doesn't walk through Loma's pitty-patty punches and kills him on the inside? Floyd out-boxed the legend and pasted Hatton's face into the f/cking ring post mate, I think he can handle Vasyl "please don't take the fight on the inside cause I can only fight at a distance at my pace" Lomachenko.

Tettsuo, slender4 and Pimp C like this.
  13. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Of course. Bashing guys like Lomachenko is your thing.. I'd expect you to chime in! Nobody holds the loss to Griffin against Jones. Nobody except guys like you and Pimp who ignore the weight issue, Salido's fouling and inept reffing from Cole hold the questionable decision loss against Lomachenko. There's an asterisk next to the loss just as there's one to Jones' to Griffin.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    boranbkk likes this.
  14. Thread Stealer

Thread Stealer VIP Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2005
    I need to see a lot more from Loma before I give him a real chance at beating the 130 lb. version of Floyd.

Tettsuo, Pimp C, IsaL and 1 other person like this.
  15. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I'm comparing the Loma we have to the Floyd we had. Not your fantastical versions.

11th fight Floyd fought this guy:

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/7435

11th fight Loma fought this guy:

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/492989

So far it's not looking good for Junior.

Rock0052 and boranbkk like this.