Loma is P4P number 1 by a considerable distance.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by FastSmith7, May 12, 2024.

1. FastSmith7

FastSmith7 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2017
    That is what I truly think. If all boxers were the same size and at their best, I believe Loma would beat everyone. The fights that Loma has lost, he easily could have won. His losses weren't because of the lack of skill, his losses were caused by his lack of judgment, the Salido loss was his 2nd pro fight and he faced a style he never ever seen before on top of being pummeled by 60+ low blows, his loss Vs Teo was again caused by his silly approach to the fight and underestimation of Teofimo, he woke up too late and still outlanded Te'o comfortably once he decided to setup up a gear. His loss to Haney... Well it wasn't a loss, he beat him fair and square, but boxing is boxing but he could have easily cemented that win if he didn't have round 12 off, resting on his laurels.

Lomachenko is giving away 10-15 lbs every single fight, he fights at 139-142lbs after rehydration while everyone else at his weight is closer to 150-155lbs.

Loma is the most skilled boxer we've seen since Floyd retired, he is an ATG in my eyes and p4p number 1, guy is just a joy to watch, he is like Kyrie Irving or Messi, absolutely mesmerising to watch.

Clout, lt. columbo, RealDeal and 6 others like this.
  2. The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

May 9, 2023
    Maybe but this also diminishes both Usyk and Inoue in my view.

The Haney loss was a travesty but you’re just making excuses for Lopez and Salido.

So Loma, whilst he is legendary is only entitled to be in the P4P discussion. He’s in no way the number one P4P guy by a “considerable distance.”

3. FastSmith7

FastSmith7 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2017

He lost to Lopez fair and square, I believe 100% he would 8-4 or 9-3 him in a rematch though

The Salido fight was a travesty, how can you say I make excuses while it's verifiable that he got hit by 60+ low blows. Salido should have been disqualified.

If you asked Usuk, he would tell you that Loma is more skilled than him. Briedis Vs Usyk was a lot closer than Haney Vs Loma, if Briedis had his hand raised would you still consider Usyk to be as great as he is? I think Briedis lost that fight but it was very close

Clout and oldcanvasback like this.
  4. MismatchHypejob

MismatchHypejob Active Member Full Member

Aug 24, 2022
    More skilled than Floyd.

Most of those on the p4p list now and previously - Crawford, Spence, Haney, Lopez - all were massively weight bullies.

Crawford was p4p no1 for beating shot/ old/ drained/inactive opponents at 147 (Spence, Khan, Brook, Porter).

Lomachenko is one of the few actually beating opponents bigger than him, which is a huge task in of itself. But also, we have the likes of Bivol, Inoue and Usyk fighting opponents bigger than them.

These guys are putting respect back in boxing. Fighting against bigger opponents, no cherrypicking or card stacking etc

sompong and oldcanvasback like this.
  5. MismatchHypejob

Aug 24, 2022
    Lomachenko had one arm and was way smaller than Lopez fight night, and still should not have lost.

Using the Salido example - the guy who cheated the scales and lowblowed his way to “victory” against Loma in his second pro fight - is a very poor attempt at discrediting him

Clout, vast and sompong like this.
  6. Boxed Ears

Boxed Ears this my daddy's account (RIP daddy) Full Member

Jul 28, 2009
  7. senpai

senpai Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2021
    Thank you.

Nobody beats him at his natural weight 126, even at 130

vast likes this.
  8. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    He lost the Lopez fight fair and square.

Watch it again and score it round for round.

9. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    No.
    He managed to loose the 3 most significant fights that he had. And he is now 36 years of age.
    If he manages to unify the division, then there would be an argument for P4P nr 1, but right now he might not even be in the top 10.

10. Reallymakesmethink

Reallymakesmethink New Member Full Member

Jul 23, 2019
    Has there ever been a fighter more overrated on this site than lomachenko?

11. The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

May 9, 2023
    I didn’t discredit him at all. But he’s not the P4P best fighter in the world by a “considerable” margin.

That’s utter nonsense.

12. Jackstraw

Jackstraw Mercy for me, justice for thee! Full Member

Jan 28, 2018
    Floyd ;)

Ronin Pham, vast, slash and 2 others like this.
  13. Can I box

Can I box Member Full Member

Jun 20, 2019
    He just beat an absolute pudding in Kambosos. Loma is a bit overrated

Fourth_Horseman likes this.
  14. miniq

miniq Oleksandr Usyk Undisputed HW Champion Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    He lost to Lopez

P4p is a load of tosh

Usyk has been the p4p number one for the last 9 years after floyd effectivlh retired Everyone else are posers.

15. MismatchHypejob

Aug 24, 2022
    Lol

vast likes this.