Loma is P4P number 1 by a considerable distance.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by FastSmith7, May 12, 2024.

1. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Salido was his first title fight AND the chance to be the "fastest" man to win a world title, that being in just two fights. No one has done that and unfortunately Loma didn´t either.

Jackman65 likes this.
  2. Dynamicpuncher

Dynamicpuncher Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 14, 2022
    We're going round in circles this conversation is a waste of time.....

I am not playing your silly childish mental gymnastics game because you're coping about Lomachenko losing a decision from 2020. I've stated the statistics heavily favour Lopez i've also stated i rewatched the round based on your request last year and i had Lopez clearly winning the round

I am not going to watch a round in slow motion and analyze single punches to appease to your silly mental gymnastics.

The problem is you think i have to prove myself to you when i don't why would i ? the statistics heavily favour Lopez in the fight, the majority of the fans agree Lopez won, and mostly importantly the 3 judges agree with me so in the end your small minority opinion means diddly squat.

The fact you can't mention a single championship fight where a fighter won a decision that was comparable to Lomachenko's output speaks volumes. And as i said you're basically admitting that i'm right that Lomachenko lost the fight based on his abysmal output.

It's not rocket science Lopez won based on activity, landing more punches, and showing more willingness to win the fight it's that simple.

Fights are not scored in slow motion or by screenshots or gifs hence your argument is a total farce.

I'm done with this conversation you need to stop obsessing over this fight seriously it just makes you look silly and gives Loma fans a bad name.

If you want to complain about a decision complain about the Haney one which was more recent, i would actually agree with you there that Loma won that fight.

3. Ronin Pham

Ronin Pham Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2024
    Inoue beats Loma, but no doubt, Loma should be on the p4p list right now.

4. Skins

Skins Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Keep it going. Slow Motion. This is comedy gold

lufcrazy likes this.
  5. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    It's not unfortunate, it is what it is.

But it's still not one of his top 3 most significant fights imo

6. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    Well, agree to disagree, I guess.
    I do think it was since it would have put him in the history books for good. First man to win a world title in their second fight, not something we will see anytime soon.

7. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    It was for a vacant belt against a man who didn't even make weight.

Loma has had many more significant fights since then. Had Loma won it wouldn't be in his top 5 most significant fights imo.

Jackman65 likes this.
  8. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    Like I said, agree to disagree.
    Fastest man to ever win a world title holds great significance in my book.

Bokaj likes this.
  9. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    Does it really? Could you tell me who it is now, without googling?

10. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    :yaay Loma, tied with some Thai guy whose name I don´t fully remember. Mansri something, who won his world title in his 3rd fight in the 70s.
    *In hindsight, it´s kinda good Loma didn´t beat Salido. Imagine every time that he fights, us having to listen to 100x how he won a world title in his second fight? It would be nauseating.

11. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    Exactly my point. The guy who held the record isn't someone you know. So it's clearly not that significant.

I don't think people would talk about him beating Salido any more than they do about him Russell. His career didn't really take off until he moved to SFW anyway.

I'd class the following as clearly more significant than the Salido fight:

Walters
    Rigondeaux
    Linares
    Pedraza
    Campbell
    Lopez
    Haney

For me Salido is on the same type of level of significance as Kambosos, Martinez and Russell Jr.

Jackman65 likes this.
  12. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I'll preface this first by saying the Ring Magazine top 10 is garbage and even the Transnational top 10 is a bit disappointing.

Loma is currently on neither, and they both got that right. Beating up on Kambosos (which everyone knew was gonna be the only outcome) doesn't change that. He was supposed to win. At one point he was, now he ain't. This is simply nature taking it's course.

13. YCGS

YCGS Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 13, 2013
    P4p is a ficticious list of OPINION so yeah, in your mind he is #1 and nothing anyone says will change that. You saying it doesn't make it fact though.

14. Badbot

Apr 17, 2011
    Like I said, I disagree.
    The guy who held the record is someone I know. He just has a silly name and he achieved this feat in the 70s. Loma would have gotten a lot of attention and recognition had he beaten Salido.

15. lufcrazy

Sep 15, 2009
    You claim to disagree but then contradict yourself.

You know Loma, even though he did not break the record. You don't know the guy who did break the record.

It clearly isn't that significant to you.

It's just easy to say a guy lost all his biggest fights even when it isn't true