Loma is still too small for 135, the Pedraza fight highlighted this again

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Tyson379, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Power_tek

Power_tek Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 22, 2018
    Thurman fair enough but Spence has only just became relevant/rewarding to someone like pac financially/legacy wise in the last year or 2 he’s probably still not relevant legacy wise really and brook there was only a small window when that made any sense really.

CST80 likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    The only reason Bradley is hyped is because hes a Pac opponent. One of the most overrated fighters of recent years. He cannot punch at all. Vargas and Rios are ok but clearly below Spence, Thurman and Brook. Even if there resumes are weak.

The problem with these guys who are huge names is eventually they get so big for their britches. They completely freeze out the top young fighters.

In 2004 did anybody clamor for Pac Marquez? The hardcores did but nobody even knew who Marquez was. He was a damn public accountant with a 9-5 day job. Pac still fought him. The risk didnt justify the reward, but Pac was young, crazy, psycho. And he wasnt afraid to fight anybody and boom the fight was made.

Ask Thurman or Brook if they wanted to fight Pacquiao in the mid 2010s. See what they say.

3. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    thats just it, from my analysis, mikey is better p4p. i understand the awe which many feel when watching loma, he does things nobody else can do. i analyse effectiveness and weakness in the ring. power is no less a gift than fast reflexes, so i dont award more points to one over the other, its all a part of what a fighter can accomplish in the ring and against who. style points, loma takes it, no contest. beating anybody they put in front of you at 135, thats mikey.

4. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    Well at 135 I think Mikey may well be better than Loma. But I think since Loma is the naturally smaller man if they were to have an even fight you would have to say Loma is better p4p.

BCS8 likes this.
  5. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    He didn't need to punch to school Marquez's ass did he? I do rate Bradley, as evidenced by his destruction of Rios and yes with the exception of one punch, utter domination of Vargas, that you did give Pac credit for.

I don't care what Brook or Thurman said, Pac was too busy taking on Mayweather, while Thurman and Brook were facing Collazo and Jo Jo Dan.

6. Power_tek

Sep 22, 2018
    Why would you say he’s better p4p? I don’t disagree just interested

7. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    Fair post. I dont rate Bradley to the extent that some do. Only Tim Bradley could get so much praise for a fairly competitive decision over a 40 year old career Featherweight. So I see where you're coming from I just dont rate Bradley.

And I completely agree with you on your implication that Thurman and Brook were busy fighting journeymen or no hopers. My original point was they were young, big and talented and Pac chose to not fight them. Due to risk/reward. Ideally they should have fought each other though.

CST80 likes this.
  8. tinman

Feb 25, 2015
    Because his resume is better. Hes smaller and doing it in similar weight classes as Garcia. He looks more impressive than Garcia.

Power_tek likes this.
  9. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    you could say that, and have an argument, and possibly be right. my analysis led me to a different conclusion.
    should mikey pull off a legit win over spence, another of my 4 faves, i think my analysis will have been proven true, mikey would be #1 p4p by a large margin. 5th division in a dozen fights and beating the boogieman of the welters is the stuff legends are made of. beating davis or berchelt, not so much.

10. The Ogdoad

The Ogdoad Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 27, 2017
    Lomachenko would beat Easter and Flannagan much easier than he beat Pedraza.

11. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    What an insecure post. Just because you know Pac would have crushed Pedraza with ease you don't have to tear him down. Loma is a nice fighter, doesn't mean he'll be as good as Pac. Let's see what happens. Manny's weight jumping was legendary.

You have as much proof of Pac cheating as I do of Loma cheating.

12. Power_tek

Sep 22, 2018
    They weren’t re
    think I agree with that tbf both vacate weights/move up to quickly for me tho but ye loma edges it.
    For the record I’d rather see Mikey v Crawford than Spence

13. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Bradley's resume is good. No one really hypes Bradley so I don't know why you said that. He was definitely a good fighter though.

PistolPat and Power_tek like this.
  14. Tomato(e) Can

Tomato(e) Can Emmanuel Dapidran Pacquiao. banned Full Member

Feb 19, 2018
    I would have had to stalk you and find you if you had listed MP...

Or just tap into your computer and watch you through your webcam.

;)

15. Power_tek

Sep 22, 2018
    Mp?