Loma is still too small for 135, the Pedraza fight highlighted this again

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Tyson379, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Tomato(e) Can

Tomato(e) Can Emmanuel Dapidran Pacquiao. banned Full Member

Feb 19, 2018
    Dude, Mikey is bigger, denser, harder hitting, and physically stronger than Pacquiao.

Pacquiao's power comes from the weird angles that he's able to create.

2. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006
    I believe Loma can do what Pac did but it will cost him his health.

Busted ear drums and sleeping in a fetal position in hospital.

There is indeed a price to pay for such endeavor.

Reason why Pacquiao can do it. Is simply because he's a tough son of b$%^^&. Seen him with busted eye and keep fighting this m$%o is still fighting in his 40's.

Reason why Mayweather can do it because he is a defensive genius. He rarely gets hit clean and took less damage.

If Loma wants to do it. He needs a defensive style.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  3. Zhuge Liang

Zhuge Liang Active Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2018
    It seems everyone agree, well it's a common knowledge anyway, that Loma is not a hard puncher. But yet, he made people down with his outstanding accuracy and hand speed even in his new and current weight class.

I am not trying to say that 135 is Loma's best class. His best class is obviously the 130 which the average size of boxers and punching power level in this category suit him the most. I won't wonder if 135 lb is probably Loma's weight when he is not on diet. I am sure he and his dad know this as well, but still they decided to take the challenge further to move to more competitive weight class. Is 130 not competitive ? Well, we have Berchelt and Davis here, but it is proven to be not easy to make fight with them. On the other hand, Mikey Garcia is a much bigger prospect and name than those two. He is Loma's real target. Because it'll be the toughest fight he'll ever face, much more difficult than Linares.

4. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    :lol:

Well his head is the size of a multi story car park but to his credit he did call for notorious PED addict Floyd ''IV'' Mayweather (who is also a multi-division champion) to take the VADA test which Floyd declined and has never done whereas Manny has done both VADA and USADA (the former at least 4 times IIRC). IIRC, Manny even said let's do both, Floyd wasn't so keen on that idea though :D

BCS8 and CST80 like this.
  5. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Hey guys, Serge has just realized that 2018 is actually the 10th anniversary of him becoming a fan of this sublime little majestic genius Loma who epitomizes everything that is right and great about this most noble art that we all cherish and hold so dear to our hearts. I first laid eyes on the great man during the 2008 Beijing Olympics and it was abundantly clear to me I was witnessing a very special talent indeed

Olympic gold medalist 2 x
    World amateur gold medalist 2 x
    European gold medalist
    World Junior gold medalist

He won silver at the world amateur championships too, the only prize in his rather impressive trophy cabinet that isn't gold

This content is protected

396-1 as an amateur, solitary loss avenged x 2

Won every single tournament he entered in the amateurs with the exception of one

Dayuum!!

Professional world champion in just his 3rd fight (should've been his 2nd IMO), 2 weight world champion in his 7th fight, and a 3 weight world champion in just his 12th

8 of the 13 opponents he's faced as a pro were former or current world champions (7-1 but should be 8-0 IMO)

My boy Dre only fought 6 former or current world champions in 32 fights

And Crawford 6 in 34 fights

From pound for pound #1 in the amateurs to pound for pound #1 in the pros in just 11 or 12 fights

Dayuum!!

Sorry guys I'm not ashamed to admit to you that I'm actually teary-eyed right now or to be more precise weeping uncontrollably

All I can say is

6. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    2-0 in two 135 lb Title fights.

7. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    I never said he wasnt. I was talking about Garcia and Loma size.

8. Contro

Contro Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 7, 2016
    Agree 100%.

If they juiced him up like they did Pac it wouldn't be a problem, but with the current environment 135 is gonna be his limit I'm afraid.

His high energy style won't age well either unfortunately. Legs and reflexes are the first to go.