Loma no pass! Spence gets a pass!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BoxingPurest, Mar 19, 2019.

1. pistal47

pistal47 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    There always have been and always will be pockets of people who specifically root for fighters of a certain race and against fighters of a certain race. They ARE NOT boxing fans. They are insecure clowns who can't fight their way out of a playground, so they rely on fighters of their race and those fighters performances in the hopes it reinforces peoples opinions of testing those clowns.

Unfortunately for them, REAL recognizes REAL, and street smart dudes don't get fooled by **** like that and would bang clowns like that out in a New York minute.

Power_tek, Ph33rknot and bandeedo like this.
  2. Jackomano

Jackomano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Rigo was almost 40 and had not had a meaningful fight in years. Not to mention Rigo had only had 3 rounds of ring activity going into the fight, so the situations aren’t really similar.

3. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    I think fools like that can't admit their guy got beat or isn't the best, so they cry racism. They know it isn't, but do it anyway. No integrity or character whatsoever.

pistal47 likes this.
  4. pistal47

Jul 14, 2007
    Brother, I FEEL you. Couldn't have been put any better.

Ph33rknot and Braindamage like this.
  5. gdm

gdm Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Both fought smaller guy , but loma is a greater fighter than spence , so he was able to make rigo quit , spence on the other hand was not able to finish mikey.

Zhuge Liang likes this.
  6. gdm

gdm Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Man aren’t you the one who hates “soviet” fighters?

Scratchlin likes this.
  7. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Miguel Berchelt wanted Loma.

8. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Some times things get lost in the discussion, and I do troll at times as well. For the record, I'm a Lomachenko fan. I have him as a top pound 4 pound guy. I don't like excuses though, especially before anything even happens. The man is 5'7 at minimum. The **** started leading up to the Rigo fight. Loma fans trying to shrink Loma down. He has short arms. He has small shoulders, he's really only 5'5 and a half etc. lol. Vernon Forrest had short arms. That didn't stop him from handling his business. Bernard Hopkins had short arms. That didn't stop him from jumping two weight classes in his 40s. Shawn Porter is only 5'5. Dwight Braxton was a shrimp but fought as a top cruiserweight. Loma is a top notch talent, and built like a ****ing Tank. Henry Armstrong held titles at feather lightweight and welter, and should of had a middleweight title as well, so lets stop with the excuses. Besides, it's hypocritical to say that Rigo being old and smaller didn't have anything to do with him losing, but then say that a prime guy like Loma would be too small for Prograis, or Crawford. It's a clear double standard. And yeah, Spence would pummel Lomachenko. He probably wouldn't last the distance.

140 isn't one step too far if you have skills. Pacquiao started lower than Lomachenko did. It's okay to move up when you think you have an advantage. The real test is moving up when you aren't sure. And Loma already took an L. He has no 0 to worry about. I think him and Prograis would be a dynamite fight. Prograis is quick enough to counter him, and has one shot power. Loma doesn't hit hard enought to beat Prograis badly. He didn't beat Pedraza or Linares badly.

pistal47 likes this.
  9. Scratchlin

Scratchlin Makhmudov Terrifies your favourite Heavweight banned Full Member

Mar 18, 2019
    about 90%f of boxing media and fans have Lomachenko P4P number1, and the remaining 10% have him at 2. The fact you refuse to acknowledge he's number 1 or 2 speaks volumes.

10. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Turd, What is this, like your 30th alias? The fact that you lack reading Comprehension, or just purposely make **** up never ceases to amaze me.

11. pistal47

Jul 14, 2007
    I don't hate anybody. There are very few posters here, @IntentionalButt @Rumsfeld @kirk and maybe a handful of others that can view, analyze, and be absolutely rabidly passionate boxing fans as objectively as possible. Besides them, everyone -- and I don't give a **** what you or anyone else says -- have at least a little bit of bias as fans and in their viewing, predicting, and analyzing of boxing. Fighters from former soviet blocc countries, Russia, Ukraine...….. EE and central Asian fighters -- I do have a somewhat ingrained bias against them for the most part and I have a harder time rooting for and being a fan of boxers from those areas as opposed to anywhere else in the world. But I don't hate any of them or any boxer for that matter I've boxed for well over half my life and respect any and all fighters who compete in the sport, from the amateurs on through the pros.

That said, I'm still big to massive fans of Lomachenko, Usyk, Gvozdyk, Bivol, Besputin, Madrimov, Beterbiev, Povetkin……. The list is too long for me to post here. I'm blown away and shocked by the talent level and skill so many of these guys bring to the table and can't help but root for and be a fan of so many of these guys.

I'm not some punk wannabe internet tough guy with an agenda though. Regardless of what you or anyone else here thinks of me -- I could not care less, because I know I'm a real MF'er, and I'm open and honest about any bias I have and bring to the table. Time and time again, I've said first and foremost I root for from boxers from Massachusetts, Rhode Island -- all of New England, the northeastern United States, veterans turned professional boxers, and a lot of Chicano's, Mexican's, Puerto Ricans and Dominicans, Canadians, and boxers from the UK and Ireland. I warm to them easier than I do EE and Central Asian boxers from a baseline, but that doesn't mean that overall I root for fighters from all the areas I stated primarily and unconditionally over EE's and CA's.

I try to keep as open a mind as possible, I'm flat out and unashamedly honest about my opinions, views, biases, and analysis of boxing and boxers in general, and I'm REAL. If you or anyone else has a problem with me, any bias I hold and am open about, or just flat out in general don't like what I try and contribute here...… Well, that's not my problem and anyone like that can go **** themselves for all I care. I am who I am, I have SERIOUS and possibly unreconcilable problems/issues/hate of myself and DEEP inner turmoil that mostly derives from my time in the USMC. I've blown an uncountable number of opportunities in my life, became as big/bad a drug addict and alcoholic as one could possibly be, and suicide or rather my fight/war against it has been a daily struggle for me for a long time. I'm a convicted felon and have spent numerous bids in county jails -- not because I'm a badass but because I've been such a habitual jackass. I've also gotten clean and remained sober for over three years now and am back being a productive member of society and hopefully provide positive affects for others. You've come at me before with your bull****, and you can say or think whatever you want about me, but like I just shared, I have FAR greater things to think about and worry about than your thoughts or anyone else's of me and any judgements anyone can make of me. And I'm always the first to admit I'm an idiot. So whatever your feelings are, what can you say about me and throw out at me that I haven't already said.

I'd like to think overall I provide positive contributions to this forum and that hopefully it's a better place with me than without me. And even though this is just the internet, I've made some fantastic friends in the strangest way, and I even met some posters rom the UK and had a blast for a weekend up here in Boston. And with those very serious inner struggles I deal with on a daily basis, believe it or not, there have been numerous instances that I was on the verge of attempting suicide but didn't because some of my friends on here replied to a post of mine or said something nice about me that tipped the scale back to living. @bandeedo -- comes to mind first and foremost in that last regard, and he is someone I just know is a lot like me and someone that I'd be great friends with for life if we knew each other. I have a lot of issues, but I've overcome so much and turned my life around so much that I can even find a tiny bit of space in my head to be proud of myself, even though it's surrounded by inner turmoil.

So say what you want to man. I'm real and honest, and if you have valid criticism towards me -- I'm real and I'll take it to heart and try my hardest to change it.

Angler Andrew, Bustajay, gdm and 3 others like this.
  12. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    the feeling is mutual, bud. i know youve walked the walk. ive been through a lot of what youre going through, but im selective on what i share publicly, theres a lot of little men on the forum that will create more garbage from an honest testimony. if you ever need to talk to someone thats seen it, im usually around and my pm box has plenty of room.

pistal47 likes this.
  13. pistal47

Jul 14, 2007
    You are totally right, many things do get lost in translation and discussion here, and if I'm ever off the mark, let me know and I'll own any bad judgment on my part. I'd like to think I don't make excuses for anyone, especially Lomachenko, and I KNOW that I've never said that age and size didn't have a prominent affect on the Loma-Rigo fight.

I'm not a Loma fanboy and I'd like to think and hope that I don't make any invalid excuses for he or any other fighter for that matter, but I'm only human and I can honestly say I make as concerted an effort as possible to be objective in all of my input here I KNOW for a fact I can read people FAR better than most, and I don't even have to personally know them. I'd bet the farm that Loma would never and has never taken a single PED in my life. As you pointed out, he IS built like a tank at the moment, and IMO he is clearly maxed out in regards to size, and also IMO it's even to the point where it's a hindrance and has a negative impact on his performances.

A lot of the guys you mentioned were incredible, one off talents in a lot of cases that may never be replicated again. That said, I'd also bet the farm that Pac was a PED monster, especially in the midst of his volcanic rise and IMO clearly amped up even more after his loss to Erik Morales. Loma -- to me -- is unquestionably more skilled and naturally talented than PAC, but IMO it's unfair to compare the two because of me belief that PAC was juiced to the gills for a large part of his career, whereas Loma never has even looked at a PED IMO.

Skills and athleticism can get you incredibly far in boxing obviously, but in boxing there is also that physical aspect. I mean that like in horse racing, horse for horse an all natural guy will never come close to the horse a PED monster is/was. IMO, if Loma DID start juicing and got away with it, I have very little doubt he would have trouble with anyone from 135-147 and maybe even up to 154. And for the record, look -- I'm a huge B-Hop fan, but I'm also real -- again, there isn't a doubt in my mind that he wasn't a juiced to the gills horse, especially way later in his career like in his late 30's until he retired. It's pretty much beyond impossible to maintain and in some cases even improve upon a lot of his athletic talent and abilities that late in his life. Just like Barry Bonds and Mark Macguire(sp?) in baseball. PED use was RAMPANT in professional boxing and in a few cases still is to this day, but the testing and commissioning bodies have come down extremely hard on it, and rightfully so. With that in mind, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet we will never see certain types of athletic and explosive displays and ability from fighters ever again.

If I was wrong about you brother, honestly, I offer my sincerest apologies. And even though I try and be as objective as possible, I'm only human brother so obviously I could very well be off the mark on a lot of things, and if I am -- bring it to my attention and I'll own it like a Ferrari. And you're right, a Loma-Prograis fight could possibly be dynamite, but aside from the fireworks, I only see it ending badly for one of the two. Either Prograis gets tooled and tattooed all night and possibly kicks it in on his stoll or Loma gets posterized knocked out.

I just want you to know brother, any dialogue between us -- on my part -- it's never personal and not much in life makes me feel worse than hurting someone, even if it's words on an internet forum. If I ever step out of pocket and cross a line that bothers you or upsets you, please just tell me and I'll make it right. For the record, I always like our discussions and dialogue and have no doubt you're a damn good dude and solid guy personally in real life. All the best brother.

14. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Well imo neither should of copped any stick as both Lomo and Spence took on fights that neither had been pushing for.No doubt I my mind that Lomo and Spence are avoided.

Power_tek likes this.
  15. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    I don't know how long you've been visiting this site, but let me tell you, you would have loved this site back in 05, when I started tuning in. There was articulate, mature, fact based arguments. More than the jibberish m as my spew here. Ask somebody a question now that isn't praiseworthy of their hero and you're called ignorant or racist.

Power_tek and pistal47 like this.