Loma not on the same Level as a prime Mayweather,Pacquaio, Duran, Chavez sr.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Dance84, Oct 17, 2020.

1. HolDat

HolDat Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 25, 2020
    Flattened means knocked out though

George Crowcroft likes this.
  2. herbzg

herbzg Euro-Level Athlete Full Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Flattened or not ... my point still stands and the OP is right

3. Enigmadanks

Enigmadanks Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 5, 2009
    People are really going in on Loma now, I guess when it rains it pours.

His pro career is so much different than any of those guys who all turned pro in their teenage years. If Loma turned pro after winning his 1st gold medal he definitely would've made his way up to a title shot in a more conventional manner, say after 20 or so pro fights.

He put himself into a pressure cooker type of situation the moment he decided to turn pro after being an amateur for way too long. Fighting for a title in his 2nd pro fight and following that fight up with a match against Gary Russell Jr.

His window is much shorter than those other ATG's because he fought dam near 400 times as an amateur. There was no reason for such a long AM career.

4. HolDat

HolDat Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 25, 2020
    Well duh, Loma started his pro career extremely late. You can't really compare him with those guys lol

chacal likes this.
  5. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006
    He said Floyd was only defense. But you can see here that it's easy to say than do. He did a bit Floyd moving around using his legs tonight.

6. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    of course he's not.

But man, there's no shame on that.

George Crowcroft and Xplosive like this.
  7. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    basically because of this. You cant fix that, no matter how good you are.

HolDat and Dance84 like this.
  8. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    He was never on their level, let’s be real. And there’s no shame in that. It’s difficult to reach that level with those ATGs, no matter how many amateur fights or gold medals you have under your belt.

9. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    He's not as good as those fighters but he's still great. I like loma but some of his fans thought he was god when he clearly had flaws. I hope he learns from this rebounds and gets a rematch down the road.

10. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Pbf never took 7 rounds to get started. No way would he fall in a 6-0 hole against anyone

MrFoFody likes this.
  11. herbzg

Dec 5, 2009
    I agree he cant compare to those guys. Glad we agree on something .

Staminakills likes this.
  12. herbzg

Dec 5, 2009

It’s also funny how the same people who said Loma was going to end up becoming a P4P ATG, the GOAT , surpass mayweather are now saying “Well duh he started too late “ among a number of other excuses

MrFoFody and Dance84 like this.
  13. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    Pac is in a league of his own.

14. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    People need to wait for a guy to actually build a stellar resume to proclaim them as ATG's. It's ridiculous that he was already put on that level. You can't go off potential. I think similarly of Crawford, yet Crawford hasn't been in ATG talks at all. I think Crawford is better actually if you asked me to pick one (even before this).

Staminakills and Dance84 like this.
  15. Enigmadanks

Enigmadanks Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 5, 2009
    You can say he started too late and also believe he's not on the level of Mayweather.

I was called a Floyd homer about 2 years ago by a lot of posters when I made mention that Floyd would whitewash him at 130 lbs. I explained to a lot of posters how FLoyd went 27-0 with 20 KO's at 130 lbs, and was too tall with too much of a reach advantage and was told Loma would have his way with him. It made me question how many people actually watched a young Pretty Boy Floyd.

Pimp C and Staminakills like this.