Loma put on a clinic on how to block punches

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by tinman, Dec 10, 2018.

1. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    yeah, compubox counted 42 landed power shots in the 11th, not counting those that landed on arms, elbows, etc... now either you and compubox are wrong about landed shots, or loma hits like a girl, which is it? i say its somewhere in between, what say you?

2. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    i don't go by compubox, i go by my own eyes, but we're both saying the same thing (He landed a lot of punches, but that Pedraza also evaded a lot) so i don't really get what you're saying. But i don't think he's a power puncher, no, if that's what you're asking

3. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Tank's entire reputation comes from that fight, so I don't think that's true at all.

4. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    then we agree, loma couldnt have connected 42 power shots on an opponent who isnt firing back, and still standing, so many of those shots werent actually scoring, but were counted like they were. now add to that all the hyperbole put in by those that want so much for loma to be the atg of this era, and you start to get a convoluted image of the truth. loma is an elite, but there are levels even among the elite. i see the same with canelo, spence, etc... the truth is constantly battling against the over-enthusiasm of their fans. i do it with spence, but i dont argue against truth just to fawn over him.

Caper likes this.
  5. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    He does land around that amount of punches, its just he also misses or Pedraza evades quite a few as well. I don't think it detracts from how good he is that he missed punches, that in itself is highly complimentary to think that because he missed punches he isn't as good as people make out.

6. Caper

Caper How about a fair shake? banned Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Utter lies I never said Loma didn’t block or slip Pedraza's attack.

Yes I did have it even going into 11th I believe it was a one round difference from Wards card who had it 6/3 Loma going into the 10th and I’m assuming he gave Pedraza the 10th as did most.

You’re getting better at suppressing your discontent and discomfort, you might possibly be capable of having a decent debate. Let’s see how far this goes before you start ranting and raving about my typical demo antics.

7. Dario Argento

Dario Argento The exotic Waitress banned Full Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Ward is a biased bigot, like you. His opinion on the matter is irrelevant. Using him as a reference for great scoring is pathetic. Typical Caper, always surreptitiously trying to spread your regressive dogma around, but you are ever so transparent. Check your privilege Caper.

Merry Christmas

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  8. DonnyMo

DonnyMo Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 21, 2011
    You mean the 11th round where the Puerto Rican ass went down HARD?

Because Pedraza took the fight on very late notice and was a shell at 130lbs. Impressive KO....but not nearly as impressive as beating a full fledged 135lbs version of Pedraza that actually went through a full training camp.

9. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    no i meant the 11th where pigs flew out of lomas ass. we are talking bout different 11s.

10. ayala

ayala Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 21, 2007
    He’s a great boxer and special. I don’t believe in the punch stats.

11. ayala

ayala Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 21, 2007
    He’s a special fighter but on that night Pedraza actually landed more than the punch stats show Look at his face on the video
    This content is protected

Caper likes this.
  12. Caper

Apr 4, 2005
    Again you digress,

Ward is quite respectful and has, on numerous occasions, recognized Loma’s upper echelon skills and status in the sport. The only sample scorecards available to me to create a so called comparison with was Smith and Ward. I’m obviously going to place more validity and weight on Wards perspective versus a casual like Smith. Stephen is nothing but a fair weather fan boy who revealed his subjectivity pre-fight.

I don’t think there’s anything incognito about my approach or my posts....I think I’m pretty transparent about how I represent myself and my beliefs and there’s nothing regressive about it, I think you’re taking my rationale for the scorecard wayyyyy out of context here.

Also what “privilege” are you speaking of?

13. Caper

Apr 4, 2005
    If I mentioned this I’ll leave myself with my left hanging low and my chin exposed. Still I’ll do it anyway, that bodyshot that ultimately put Pedraza down strayed quite low. I don’t believe in dwelling on these sort of facts because they don’t completely neutralize the fantastic display of next level determination provided by Loma with his 42 punch combination however it should be noted. I’m no conspiracy theorist but you’d be blind not to notice the positioning of that punch. That said with a gun to my head I’d lean towards it being acceptable.

@DonnyMo

14. thesmokingm

thesmokingm Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Not a scratch on him!

15. Tomato(e) Can

Tomato(e) Can Emmanuel Dapidran Pacquiao. banned Full Member

Feb 19, 2018
    To be fair, Lomachenko has delicate skin. That's the kind of visual damage that suggests a war or beating had taken place. I didn't see Pedraza land any eye-popping shots or consistently over the course of the fight.