Loma v Inoue

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Ph33rknot, Dec 5, 2019.

1. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    My point is if Loma fought a 118 pounder at 135, he would knock them out. Of course p4p Nonito hits harder, but there's weight classes for a reason. I mean even Paulie Malignaggi would knock out strawweights.. I think at least lol..

2. Zhuge Liang

Zhuge Liang Active Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2018

Then, why he got knocked out by Walters ?

3. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    He also had Walters hurt.

Ph33rknot likes this.
  4. Zhuge Liang

Jun 30, 2018
    Still it doesn't answer my question.

5. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Fight night weights can include shoes, jackets and extra change.

Pac was weighing that on fight night whilst weighing 138 for a fight at 140, or 143 for a fight at 147. He’s obviously not dehydrating and having full meals as it is so the only thing that changes between fight night and weigh in is clothes.

6. dangerousity

Jan 4, 2005
    He kinda has a point. Donaire hurts Walters more than Loma did. Loma just made him quit but Donaire left hook could probably stop a WW. Well khan.

7. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    He's smaller Than Loma and Walter

8. Zhuge Liang

Jun 30, 2018

You (and others) are missing the point here.

It's true that the Filipino Flash's power means business. But does 'the power as an aspect' alone is enough to win you titles and fights ? There are other aspects like endurance, technique (offense & defense), stamina, speed, sight, reaction, body size, reach, tactics, experience, etc. And many others, including the chin. Pacquiao didn't go as far as winning multiple belts in eight division with his power alone.

How can you assume that Donaire hurts Walters more than Loma did ? Physically, well probably yes, but mentally ? He was definitely winning at that aspect as he was the victor of the contest. Loma, on the other hand, hurted Walters mentally. Broke his spirit, makes him hopeless and eventually quit.

9. Grinder

Grinder Dude, don't call me Dude Full Member

Mar 24, 2005
    At any weight 126 or above Inoue gets dismantled by Loma. His struggle with ancient Donaire is proof. I have no idea if Loma can make 122. If Loma makes 122 he dismantles Inoue there too. Inoue's inability to put Donaire away will be a black mark until he fights a dangerous body.

10. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006
    I believe he got hit on the chin. Loma is just too elusive.

11. dangerousity

Jan 4, 2005
    You’re doing mental gymnastics here.

The question was simply if Donaire at 118 could hit harder than Loma at 135 and we’re saying that’s a possibility. The biggest tell is probably their fight with Walters where Loma could land at will but Walters seemingly just took it until he gave up. Meanwhile when Donaire touched up Walters clean, Walters was on wobbly legs.

No one is saying Donaire could be competitive with Loma...

Ph33rknot likes this.
  12. El Meza

El Meza Member Full Member

Apr 25, 2018
    I bet the house menayothin can KO khan