Loma v Kambosos

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by nurological, May 11, 2024.

1. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    I remember hearing big things about Rigondeaux back in the day - BoxNation used to feature him pretty heavily as a world great on the channel.

Then I saw Lomachenko destroy him, think it was the 3rd or 4th opponent in a row who gave up early. The two were meant to be fairly evenly matched given the amateur careers.

Loma was made for the pros - wish he'd turned over a bit earlier but as others said here, he hasn't exactly padded his career so maybe it hasn't mattered. For all his flaws, I can see why Hearn blew a budget getting Loma to fight Campbell just to have the privilege.

2. syldave

syldave Member Full Member

Apr 11, 2011
    Gervonta Davis is calling Lomachenko out now, that’s a dream fight it’s got to be right up there as one of the best that can be made today in any weight division.

Potwash and Wizbit1013 like this.
  3. crixus85

crixus85 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2014
    Let’s hope his very good friend does a similar job in 6 days time.

Bob Flaps and peter_uk like this.
  4. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    It is the best fight to be made in my opinion. Fingers crossed it happens next.

5. ash234

ash234 Active Member Full Member

Dec 17, 2023
    Also a fight that deserves an iconic American arena, not some soulless place in Saudi.

6. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    As much as I admire Gervonta, he wanted none of it with Loma when he was in his prime, he's waited and waited.

On a separate note, it should have been Maxi Hughes in there last night with Loma.

7. Kev2k83

Kev2k83 Active Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2023
    Yeah he feared the god out of the lower weights.

Made them quit.

They were terrified of him.

As for Davis he's been avoiding the Loma fight for years so I'd pay no attention to that.

When's he gonna run it back with Isaac Cruz?

Probably never.

Sonny1 and ash234 like this.
  8. Terminator

Terminator Active Member Full Member

Dec 9, 2020
    Lomachenko is a marvel. He & his ukrainian mate are probably among the best 5 fighters ive ever seen in the championship rounds.

His only genuine losses have been from struggling to get going. From round 8 onwards he has battered every single one of his opponents

Sonny1, ash234 and Bob Flaps like this.
  9. ash234

ash234 Active Member Full Member

Dec 17, 2023
    He’s been unlucky in the sense that Salido came in overweight, was allowed about 50 low blows and Loma still should have won in what was probably the worst refereeing performance of the last 20 years too. He beat Haney too and was robbed.

His dad & doctor wanted to pull him out of the Lopez fight. Could barely throw a shot and had to have shoulder surgery immediately after.

He’s been unlucky throughout his career and could easily be undefeated with better judging and full fitness but who cares. He’s a future hall of fame fighter for sure. Absolute magician.

Sonny1, Bob Flaps and Terminator like this.
  10. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Agree with all of this.