Loma v Manny`s opposition how well would he have done?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by mark ant, Sep 10, 2019.

1. VG_Addict

VG_Addict Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Not that well. Lomachenko's too small to beat the guys from 140-154.

2. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006
    Campbell is not that kind of a killer to do damage like that. Cool Luke is long and rangy but he doesn't have x factor like lightening speed, extreme toughness and vaunted power. He is all right a B plus kind of boxer.

But he did hut Lomachenko enough to grab on and he felt it specially to the body.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    roughdiamond likes this.
  3. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    I think Lomachenko beats all three. He's more athletic, has better footwork, and boxes better. At their bests, none of the three were brawlers, or brought pressure like the maul and brawl that Salido was doing, that I recall. The Castillo that Floyd fought would be the one that Lomachenko would have issues with. I think Loma would clearly, and comfortably beat Marquez and Barrera twice, no need for a trilogy. I think Morales would have the best chance to give him some rough spots, but it would have to be a brawling, pressure Morales, something that I don't recall him implementing against an equal or more skilled opponent. He definitely couldn't do much with Raheem.

Zhuge Liang likes this.
  4. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006

He is 0-1 against Mexicano's in title fights against an old faded Salido. The last of the great crop of Mexican warriors of the past. I don't know about the current crop of Mexicans today. But back in the day of Marquez, Morales and Barrera the crop Salido is kinda part of they were the real deal.

Creme of the creme.

I don't know meng. I think it's not as easy as many here envision. Specially if you got to fight the 3 amigos back to back in such close time frame. It will be grueling at times brutal.

5. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    TF? Marquez can't handle angles? I guess that's why he knocked Manny the **** out.

6. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    He'd definitely beat Avocado Algieri though. I'd pick him to beat Rios too.

7. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Too early to tell, imo. Id have to see how Loma carries the higher weights.

8. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    I will say, I think he outright loses to the Margarito that showed up for Pac. I just think thats all wrong for him. Too big. Too much pressure. Too physical.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  9. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    If hes not substantially slower and less athletic at 140 and 147, which is certainly possible/probable, then....

I would likely favor him over jmm, bradley, rios, broner, matthysse, thurman and mab.

I think morales, cotto, and hatton are very debatable and I could see going either way... though its hard to not favor Cotto to be too much for Loma.

I think Margarito beats him.

Theres no question to me though that Loma is a far more vulnerable fighter at the higher weights than Pac is. I dont think hes as tough, durable, nor does he have the atg level neutralizer type power that pac had to change fights in his favor.

10. Zhuge Liang

Zhuge Liang Active Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2018
    Margarito ? Man...why wouldn't you just have Loma fight GGG too. :lol:

11. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Because... Margarito is a Pac opponent... Golovkin... isnt?

12. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    You can't look at it under slanted lenses though. Salido didn't come close to making weight for the fight. Had he made the weight, Lomachenko probably stops him from the drain of the weight cut, and some people thought that Lomachenko still should have gotten the nod. Chris John brought Marquez to the jungle and gave him a tough fight. Raheem fought Morales and beat him clearly. Barrera also had issues with good a good boxer earlier in his career. Lomachenko is bigger than the guys that gave them problems, and more talented, better footwork, boxing ability etc.

13. Tramell

Tramell Hypocrites Love to Pray & Be Seen. Mathew 6:5 Full Member

Sep 21, 2012
    LOL! Not disagreeing, but do know- that you know..it can be a trip to see a fight live, then go home and it see the replay- and looks different.

At the Dirrell Abraham fight Showbox, from my chair, looked like Andre got clocked. Got home watched it and it looked like the greatest flop of the year!
    But I digress! We now return your program back to the Loma-LoveFest call out!

14. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Really? Tank knocked down iron chinned atgs to prove that?

15. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    You saw morales hurt maidana right?