Loma was the better fighter, will easily win rematch

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Tyson379, Oct 18, 2020.

1. captain hook

captain hook Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2011
    But did Loma land anything on Lopez? Lopez was pushing Loma first 6 rounds and make him go backwards all the time without punching back. Yeah, there was no clean shots, but Loma didn't fight back either. I think Loma's tactic was to tire Teo in the first 6 rounds and then take the fight, but he only tired himself...

gogeta likes this.
  2. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    That idea might hold stronger had Lopez not won the 12th

Wizbit1013, Enigmadanks and maac like this.
  3. roughdiamond

roughdiamond Bronsonville Full Member

Jul 25, 2015
    In my opinion, Loma will lose a rematch. Is there a rematch clause?

4. Decker

Decker Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Not if Julie Lederman and a clone of hers is judging the fight. Loma could KO Lopez and they will still have it UD Lopez :shakehead:

Julie should never be allowed to score/judge another fight - not even on an unofficial commentator basis like her dad often did.

5. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006
    Let's have a trilogy!

6. Enigmadanks

Enigmadanks Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 5, 2009
    There's no rematch clause and Lopez will probably look elsewhere for his next fight.

truth be told, Lomachenko doesn't look like his dominant self at 135 lbs compared to FW and SFW. I'm sure he has no problems making 126/130 comfortably and there's some good fighters down in those weight classes. He should go back down and fight guys naturally his size. There's absolutely no shame in that.

7. herbzg

herbzg Euro-Level Athlete Full Member

Dec 5, 2009
    I’d favor Lomachenko in a rematch

8. Enigmadanks

Enigmadanks Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I thought Loma could eke out a draw had he won the 12th round. He lost that round decisively which was stunning to see since Lopez didn't look good in the last 3-4 rounds leading into the final one.

He put his foot on the gas from the opening of the 12th round and outworked Loma in the first 90 seconds of it. It looked like he hurt Loma later on in the 12th as well.

With all that being said, even if Loma won the 12th round he clearly wasn't walking away from the fight with the win based off those ridiculous scorecards. They were way too wide but at least the right man won the fight last night.

9. Lesion of Doom

Lesion of Doom Active Member Full Member

Jan 21, 2015
    This is exactly right. He fought the way he did out of deference to Lopez's ability. The gambit sort of worked, as he had more in the tank in the second half of the fight. But even after closing strongly, it was *Loma* who got hurt in the 12th. He's probably not gonna win a firefight against Lopez, and I think he knows that.

10. Skins

Skins Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Can't win rounds by feinting and covering up. I didn't see Loma win any of the first six. Put himself in a hole that he couldn't get out of. Did some better work later, but to me, Lopez won easily.

KO KIDD likes this.
  11. KO KIDD

KO KIDD Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 5, 2009
    I disagree even when Loma turned it up lopez still had a good final minute in round 11 and won round 12

Lopez proved he could hang even when loma stepped on the gas

Lopez can obviously improve and especially in the conditioning department

He also just missed on a few counter uppercuts that could have rocked loma

12. Quina74

Quina74 Member banned Full Member

Apr 25, 2019
    It's a joke bro and it's telling that majority of the people think Lopez won... And convincingly.. Jesus christ

13. miniq

miniq Big Stiff Idiot Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    >Better fighter

> Doesn't begin the fight till round 6 onwards

LOOL

14. Quina74

Quina74 Member banned Full Member

Apr 25, 2019
    This is hilarious Lopez also did not do that much in the first 6 rounds and in fact in rounds 3 and 6 Loma won and outlanded and more frequently on Lopez, watch the fight again and don't be fooled just because a Lopez is coming forwards

15. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Mora stepped in when Lopez was gonna KO Loma in the 12th. No way this is a draw. If you really believe this, then I take back every good thing I ever said about you! Oh wait........I never said anything good about you. Carry on!